Odd Job Tavern

Invocation

2 minutes ago, Invocation said:

"How would I go about getting in contact with one of those? You're literally the first person I've interacted with here."

“I can help you out. I’m not any official, but I can show you the ropes, get you a little more familiar.”

1 minute ago, Sunbringer said:

“I can help you out. I’m not any official, but I can show you the ropes, get you a little more familiar.”

"I appreciate it. Don't feed me wrong information or I'll blow your face off, though." Volatile makes his arms flare with small explosions for emphasis.

Just now, Invocation said:

"I appreciate it. Don't feed me wrong information or I'll blow your face off, though." Volatile makes his arms flare with small explosions for emphasis.

“You could try. I’ve survived worse. Threats of physical harm don’t work great on Radiants.”

Jacien turned to the others.

“Well I say we try to take him down outside. Malu doesn’t like us to fight in here.”

Just now, Sunbringer said:

“Well I say we try to take him down outside. Malu doesn’t like us to fight in here.”

We're already outside. 

1 minute ago, Sunbringer said:

“You could try. I’ve survived worse. Threats of physical harm don’t work great on Radiants.”

"That just means I get to do it over and over again. I have no idea what a Radiant is, but everything has a breaking point."

1 hour ago, Steel Inquisitive said:

"How could he not be dangerous! You don't grab a group of people bring them to the back of a bar and have them fight each other unless your dangerous." Sam ran a hand through her hair. " Look.... Just be careful would you? "

“I...I will.” He looked into her eyes for a brief moment, then turned away.

Silphio let out a shrill whistle. A laarkin landed on Jacien's chest, sapping his investiture. A white spine appeared in front of volatile, it was huge, rowed with sharp bone spikes. It bore it's fangs at Volatile. Silphio coated his whole body in white bone armour and a staff shot out from under his coat, aimed directly at Volatile's throat.

Fire epic, I noticed earlier he was making explosions, he smelled strange, almost like nitroglycerin. Could he be emitting it and igniting it?

21 minutes ago, Invocation said:

Volatile grabs the staff and attempts to light it on fire.

Staff didn't catch alight, Silphio used it to push Volatile back before closing the distance with his flight, aiming for a kick to the kneecap. Behind volatile, Silphio's white spine went for a bite around the arm, ignoring the flames.

2 minutes ago, Nohadon said:

Staff didn't catch alight, Silphio used it to push Volatile back before closing the distance with his flight, aiming for a kick to the kneecap. Behind volatile, Silphio's white spine went for a bite around the arm, ignoring the flames.

Volatile, tired of being an actual physical being to be shoved around, ramps the flames up to an 11 and fully becomes fire, rather than the lesser coating he was using to talk.

16 minutes ago, Invocation said:

Volatile, tired of being an actual physical being to be shoved around, ramps the flames up to an 11 and fully becomes fire, rather than the lesser coating he was using to talk.

Pure fire now, he's intangible.

Silphio began to feel the heat through his armour 

I don't know his weakness so I can't engage it. But he has to have some vulnerability to water, can I use that?

Silphio rolled through Volatile, hitting the ground behind him, trying to lead him back to the tavern.

It must be exhausting, becoming fire like that. If I can stall him for long enough he might tire himself out

1 minute ago, Nohadon said:

Pure fire now, he's intangible.

Silphio began to feel the heat through his armour 

I don't know his weakness so I can't engage it. But he has to have some vulnerability to water, can I use that?

Silphio rolled through Volatile, hitting the ground behind him, trying to lead him back to the tavern.

It must be exhausting, becoming fire like that. If I can stall him for long enough he might tire himself out

Volatile throws another wall of flame just ahead of Silphio, trying to cut off whatever route he was taking to whatever plan he had.

Oh, okay.

Reylf sighed and looked around. Not much seemed to be happening.

1 minute ago, Ark1002 said:

A woman wearing black, with white hair streaked with red and orange, walked in. She smiled at the bartender. "I want to hire people for my gang. Is that possible?" She leaned against the counter, a flame dancing in her hand.

Reylf floated over, curious. "What would that entail?"

@Ark1002

1 minute ago, Ark1002 said:

A woman wearing black, with white hair streaked with red and orange, walked in. She smiled at the bartender. "I want to hire people for my gang. Is that possible?" She leaned against the counter, a flame dancing in her hand.

"Absolutely. I'll need details of the job, a contact, and the type of people you're trying to hire and I'll post a listing!" Malu said, working very hard to ignore the glaringly obvious sounds of fighting outside.

3 minutes ago, Sunbringer said:

For good reason! Practically anyone could destroy the whole tavern if they wanted, and he's trying to avoid that!

She turned her body, an angle that allowed her to look at both, simultaneously. The flame floated out of her hand, hovering above her head, and split into four, spinning around her like some sort of strange halo. She grinned. "You would be loyal to us, the Bloodflame gang. All who join get a tattoo, a bloody skull, flaming.You will be willing to commit thievery. If we fight with another gang, you will be obligated to help." The flame increased, becoming a crown. "You may get hurt. You could even die. But if you join us, you will have backup. You will have resources. I have connections with the crime network. We are like a family, tight knit. We protect our own. And if you have enemies? They're our enemies as well." She slid her jacket up, revealing the tattoo. She held up her arm. "We are Bloodflame."

@xinoehp512 @Invocation

Edited by Ark1002

39 minutes ago, Invocation said:

Volatile throws another wall of flame just ahead of Silphio, trying to cut off whatever route he was taking to whatever plan he had.

Silphio went low, dodging the wall of flames and backing towards the tavern