Odd Job Tavern

Invocation

Freyja wrestled with herself. "What should I do, Laecrien?" whispered Freyja. 

"Oh, I don't know maybe you should throw another pocket watch!" Said Laecrien sardonically.

"Really!? Do you think?" Said Freyja surprised.

"No! You incompetent.... You know what just go up and talk to him like a normal and rational human being." Stated Laecrien.

Freyja walked up to Jacien and held out her hand nervously. "Hey, ahh. Sorry about that. It was a reflex? I...... don't do well under pressure. You.....want this fabrial I filched? It's broken, but it might be worth the bother. I've got tons more, buuut maybe don't tell anyone?"

Edited by whattheHoid

3 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

She checked her pocket, pulled out a bar, and threw it to her. "We don't do 'missions' much. They have to pay well." She listened to the sounds of fighting. "Excuse me a second, I'm going to see what's going on. She opened the door, walked out, and took in the situation. Grinning, she realized something. That man was using fire. Might even be fire. SHhe activated her powers, and twisted the man, into the shape of a ball, and threw it at the wall of a nearby building, made of stone.

@Invocation @beantheboy12 @whattheHoid

This is a...new experience, thinks Volatile, for obvious reasons. He hit the wall and decided he didn't know enough about his opponents to continue fighting like he had been, flying upwards once he'd regained his bearings from being turned into a ball.

"So, I think he just ignored me? What do I do now, Laecrien!? Should I just jump him?" Asked Freyja concernedly.

Laecrien sighed. "He's just literally collided into a wall! You think he can take that and your mass of crenellations and pocket watches and whatever else your sticky fingers grab!?"

"So, maybe follow him?" Asked Freyja.

"Stick with the scary lady. She looks like she might twist us into a ball and eat us. I....still can't believe the Ring voted me to go with you. Maybe this is all a dream?" Wondered Laecrien.

"Noooope. I smell burning hair. I'm pretty positive you don't smell in dreams." Said Freyja matter of factly.

Laecrien just glared.

"Well, alrighty then. Heya, lady! How'd you do that!? What is you name and what is your game? You crazy or what?" Said Freyja cheerfully.

Laecrien facepalmed.

@Ark1002

Edited by whattheHoid

"Well you did give me chocolate so, why the storms not! Who cares if you might eat me! Fair warning though, I have ingested a lot of metal in the hopes I might find some metal stores hiding. So fair warning! Laecrien, my spren friend, thinks you might eat us. Isn't that right Laecrien? ... Laecrien?! LAECRIEN! Huh, I guess he's shy." Rambled Freyja.

Hidden, Laecrien still glared at Freyja though no one could see.

Sort I was busy for a bit

2 hours ago, whattheHoid said:

Freyja wrestled with herself. "What should I do, Laecrien?" whispered Freyja. 

"Oh, I don't know maybe you should throw another pocket watch!" Said Laecrien sardonically.

"Really!? Do you think?" Said Freyja surprised.

"No! You incompetent.... You know what just go up and talk to him like a normal and rational human being." Stated Laecrien.

Freyja walked up to Jacien and held out her hand nervously. "Hey, ahh. Sorry about that. It was a reflex? I...... don't do well under pressure. You.....want this fabrial I filched? It's broken, but it might be worth the bother. I've got tons more, buuut maybe don't tell anyone?"

“It’s alright. No harm done. This guy (he gestures at Silphio) wanted to hire me, Nael, this fire dude, and you to do something, but before he dies, he wanted to test our skills, so now we’re supposed to beat him”

Since the fight seems to have calmed a little, Jacien turns toward Freyja. 

“We didn’t properly meet. I’m Jacien. Nice to meet you. I heard you like chocolate, like a lot. I like cooking, and I have a chocolate cake recipe I’ve been meaning to try.”

Silphio watched in the distance as the mercenaries fought his double, they swapped when he was leading them back to the tavern. Any second now...

There it is.

The double vanished leaving a note on the ground.

The person you were fighting was not Silphio Shamus, time is running out, ask around and find me.

To find me you have two options, wait for me to start RPing with him again and then strike, or ask other players about the character, what he does and his responsibilities 

Well dang Ark.

Freyja looked back at Jacien and winked. She flung a paper with writing at him and a pocket watch for good luck.

"You know, Laecrien, I really liked him! He can cook and likes chocolate! He really took that pocket watch to the eye really well! Do you think things will be better now?" Asked Freyja.

"Oh Mother, I hope so! Mind you watch your tongue!" Sighed Laecrien.

Jacien shrugged, pocketing the paper and the watch.

“Well, Auri, how do you think it went? Maybe found a friend out here?”

Auri looked up at him. She opened her mouth to say something, then just closed it.

Jacien smilled. 

“You were going to ask a question you already knew the answer to, weren’t you.”

Auri nodded.

Jacien’s smile grew even wider, and he walked off to find some of his contacts. He had a client to catch.

Edited by Sunbringer

10 hours ago, Sunbringer said:

Jacien shrugged, pocketing the paper and the watch.

“Well, Auri, how do you think it went? Maybe found a friend out here?”

Auri looked up at him. She opened her mouth to say something, then just closed it.

Jacien smilled. 

“You were going to ask a question you already knew the answer to, weren’t you.”

Auri nodded.

Jacien’s smile grew even wider, and he walked off to find some of his contacts. He had a client to catch.

“Hey!” Nael called, running to catch up with Jacien. “Wait for me!”