The Happy Inquisitor: A Restaurant

Lunamor

2 minutes ago, Part Of The Narrative said:

Kaladin felt helpless as he watched her incomprehension. No, he thought, shaking himself. You can help her. You have to help her. You...you were just like her. 

Had he been, though? It was hard to remember those days. They were clouded somehow.

Exhaling softly, Kaladin strode forward and took Ash's arm. "You can't hear me, can you?"

Ash shrieked, scrambling off the bed and pressing herself in the opposite corner of the room from him, crouching on the floor and looking at him with an animalistic terror in her eyes. 

1 minute ago, Ookla-The-Stick said:

Ash shrieked, scrambling off the bed and pressing herself in the opposite corner of the room from him, crouching on the floor and looking at him with an animalistic terror in her eyes. 

Kaladin sighed. He sat down in front of her, leaning against the wall of the room, silent. Thinking.

Just now, Ookla-The-Stick said:

She scrabbled in the dirt with her fingers, brushing it into small piles. 

He watched her. Tilting his head, he followed her movements, making his own pile. "So neat, huh?" he asked, chuckling. "Wish my life looked like this." He swept away his pile, scattering the dirt.

Just now, Part Of The Narrative said:

He watched her. Tilting his head, he followed her movements, making his own pile. "So neat, huh?" he asked, chuckling. "Wish my life looked like this." He swept away his pile, scattering the dirt.

Ash looked at him strangely, her head cocked to one side.  

Ash looked at him strangely, her head cocked to one side.  

Kaladin made another pile, adding it to hers. Then he ran a hand through his hair and looked back at her the same why she was looking at him. "What?" He whispered. "Is it so hard to believe I want to talk to you? Or do you still not understand?"

Kaladin made another pile, adding it to hers. Then he ran a hand through his hair and looked back at her the same why she was looking at him. "What?" He whispered. "Is it so hard to believe I want to talk to you? Or do you still not understand?"

Ash scooted away, making a new pile of dirt, eyeing him warily. 

Ash scooted away, making a new pile of dirt, eyeing him warily. 

Kaladin took out his canteen and poured a little water onto the pile he'd added to. He then molded it into the shape of a building, and put a little stick on top for a flag pole. He felt absurd and ridiculous, but what did it matter? He dripped some water near Ash's pile and nodded encouragingly. 

Kaladin took out his canteen and poured a little water onto the pile he'd added to. He then molded it into the shape of a building, and put a little stick on top for a flag pole. He felt absurd and ridiculous, but what did it matter? He dripped some water near Ash's pile and nodded encouragingly. 

Ash watched the water drip. she stuck her finger in it, scooping up the mud and placed it on the glove covering her safehand. 

1 minute ago, Ookla-The-Stick said:

Ash watched the water drip. she stuck her finger in it, scooping up the mud and placed it on the glove covering her safehand. 

Kaladin slowly reached out, touching her free hand and folding it around the mud on the ground, which created the loose shape of a spire. He pulled his hand free, watching her closely.

1 minute ago, Part Of The Narrative said:

Kaladin slowly reached out, touching her free hand and folding it around the mud on the ground, which created the loose shape of a spire. He pulled his hand free, watching her closely.

She starred at him, eyes wide before looking at her hand. she smashed the spire into the floor, turned her back on him, wiped the mud off her glove, and resumed making little piles of dust. 

Kaladin breathed out, standing. "I'm going outside." He walked loudly, trying to make sure Ash heard him. Then he stepped out, nonchalantly leaving the door open. T

The guard standing watch by Ash's room protested. "You can't leave it open! She's dangerous!"

Kaladin rolled his eyes. "Storm off. I'm staying here. Go on a lunch break or something." The guard left. He was one of the ones folded into the ranks because of staffing issues; Kaladin hadn't trained him personally. 

Kaladin sank to the floor, leaned against the wall, and waited.

7 minutes ago, Part Of The Narrative said:

Kaladin breathed out, standing. "I'm going outside." He walked loudly, trying to make sure Ash heard him. Then he stepped out, nonchalantly leaving the door open. T

The guard standing watch by Ash's room protested. "You can't leave it open! She's dangerous!"

Kaladin rolled his eyes. "Storm off. I'm staying here. Go on a lunch break or something." The guard left. He was one of the ones folded into the ranks because of staffing issues; Kaladin hadn't trained him personally. 

Kaladin sank to the floor, leaned against the wall, and waited.

Ash peeked around the corner of the door, appearing calmer for the time being. seeing him, she ducked back around the door, pulled some moss out of a pocket and began burning it. 

4 minutes ago, Ookla-The-Stick said:

Ash peeked around the corner of the door, appearing calmer for the time being. seeing him, she ducked back around the door, pulled some moss out of a pocket and began burning it. 

Does fire moss give out a smell or something? I forget. how should Kaladin find out?

2 minutes ago, Ookla-The-Stick said:

alright

Kaladin started. A lazy string of smoke curled out the door and hung in the air. No!  He hurried inside and took the moss from Ash, crushing it under his boot and mixing it with mud. Maybe he was resorting to insensitive means, but he couldn't deal with that stuff. too many memories.

Kaladin started. A lazy string of smoke curled out the door and hung in the air. No!  He hurried inside and took the moss from Ash, crushing it under his boot and mixing it with mud. Maybe he was resorting to insensitive means, but he couldn't deal with that stuff. too many memories.

Ash shrieked and scrambled into a different corner at the sudden movement. 

4 minutes ago, Ookla-The-Stick said:

Ash shrieked and scrambled into a different corner at the sudden movement. 

"I'm sorry," Kaladin said, feeling guilty at her reaction. He knelt on the ground, trying to appear as non threatening as possible. "But...I have a friend who used to take that stuff. It didn't go well."

Kaladin barely caught himself. Had. You had a friend who used to take it.

2 minutes ago, Part Of The Narrative said:

"I'm sorry," Kaladin said, feeling guilty at her reaction. He knelt on the ground, trying to appear as non threatening as possible. "But...I have a friend who used to take that stuff. It didn't go well."

Kaladin barely caught himself. Had. You had a friend who used to take it.

She looks at him, breath coming in ragged gasps. Her eyes start darting in all directions, and she whimpers, pointing towards the doorway. 

2 minutes ago, Ookla-The-Stick said:

She looks at him, breath coming in ragged gasps. Her eyes start darting in all directions, and she whimpers, pointing towards the doorway. 

Kaladin stood, following her pointed finger. "Do you want to go with me? I can take you out to the balcony, where we can see the sky."

4 minutes ago, Part Of The Narrative said:

Kaladin gestured forward, taking a step toward the door. "Come on. there's no one else out there."

Ash looks terrified, she covers her head with her arms and quivers slightly, tears leaking from the corners of her eyes and streaking down her face. 

On 12/15/2023 at 4:19 PM, Ookla-The-Stick said:

Ash looks terrified, she covers her head with her arms and quivers slightly, tears leaking from the corners of her eyes and streaking down her face. 

Kaladin knelt on the floor, watching Ash. He absentmindedly ran a hand through the dirt, leaving tracks on the ground.

"Don't you want to see the sun again?" He whispered.