The Happy Inquisitor: A Restaurant

Lunamor

1 minute ago, Part Of The Narrative said:

Kaladin knelt on the floor, watching Ash. He absentmindedly ran a hand through the dirt, leaving tracks on the ground.

"Don't you want to see the sun again?" He whispered.

She raised her head slightly, looking bewildered. "No." she whispered, tears falling into the dust. 

Just now, Ookla-The-Stick said:

She raised her head slightly, looking bewildered. "No." she whispered, tears falling into the dust. 

She'd answered him.

Kaladin leaned forward, holding her stare. "Why not?"

He thought he knew her answer. 

It'd been his, so long ago.

She just shook her head, scooting farther away from the light. 

Ok. Time to try something else. Kaladin knew this might be a bad idea, and he hated feeling like he was experimenting and tracking her results, like a doctor, when all he wanted to do was have a coherent conversation with her, but he also knew he kind of had to. He helped people who needed it. Or he tried to, anyway.

Kaladin slowly stood, then moved to the side of the room and extinguished one of the three lanterns, watching Ash closely.

Just now, Part Of The Narrative said:

Ok. Time to try something else. Kaladin knew this might be a bad idea, and he hated feeling like he was experimenting and tracking her results, like a doctor, when all he wanted to do was have a coherent conversation with her, but he also knew he kind of had to. He helped people who needed it. Or he tried to, anyway.

Kaladin slowly stood, then moved to the side of the room and extinguished one of the three lanterns, watching Ash closely.

She whimpered, slightly as the light receded, but didn't move. 

2 minutes ago, Part Of The Narrative said:

Kaladin walked to the other side of the room, putting out a second lantern.

Ash's eyes went wide and she looked at him fearfully, crying out softly, tears coming slightly faster. she sniffed and put her arms over her head, unmoving. 

8 minutes ago, Ookla-The-Stick said:

Ash's eyes went wide and she looked at him fearfully, crying out softly, tears coming slightly faster. she sniffed and put her arms over her head, unmoving. 

A pang shot through Kaladin's heart at the sight of her. But he had to keep going. He had to know. Feeling like a horrible person, he made sure the door was open, letting in a bit of light, and extinguished the final lantern, leaving only the faintest bit of illumination leaking from the hallway outside.

2 minutes ago, Part Of The Narrative said:

A pang shot through Kaladin's heart at the sight of her. But he had to keep going. He had to know. Feeling like a horrible person, he made sure the door was open, letting in a bit of light, and extinguished the final lantern, leaving only the faintest bit of illumination leaking from the hallway outside.

She let out a long guttural moan, that turned into sobbing. 

She shoved her hand over her mouth, trying to muffle her noise, and only succeeded in cutting off much of her airflow, suffocating herself. Ash began to go into hysterics, trying to breathe around her hand, and wheezing fitfully, still sobbing and clawing at her face. 

10 hours ago, Ookla-The-Stick said:

She let out a long guttural moan, that turned into sobbing. 

She shoved her hand over her mouth, trying to muffle her noise, and only succeeded in cutting off much of her airflow, suffocating herself. Ash began to go into hysterics, trying to breathe around her hand, and wheezing fitfully, still sobbing and clawing at her face. 

Kaladin cursed, dragging Ash out into the hallway and forcefully removing her hand from her mouth. Ignoring her struggling, he reached into his belt and pulled out his sedative solution, pouring some into her mouth.  

Kaladin cursed, dragging Ash out into the hallway and forcefully removing her hand from her mouth. Ignoring her struggling, he reached into his belt and pulled out his sedative solution, pouring some into her mouth.  

She coughed and spluttered, before going limp, eyes closed. 

She coughed and spluttered, before going limp, eyes closed. 

Kaladin looked down at her body, sighing, and began dragging her out to the balcony. It was a short lasting sedative—she’d wake up in maybe fifteen minutes—and he wanted her out in the open air when she did. He’d seen what it could do to a person, once their mind was clear, to see the sky and sun. 

He positioned her in a chair, facing the wall for now so she didn’t try to throw herself off the balcony. Making sure the balcony was clear, he sat beside her, taking a drink and replenishing his stormlight. Then he waited. 

Kaladin looked down at her body, sighing, and began dragging her out to the balcony. It was a short lasting sedative—she’d wake up in maybe fifteen minutes—and he wanted her out in the open air when she did. He’d seen what it could do to a person, once their mind was clear, to see the sky and sun. 

He positioned her in a chair, facing the wall for now so she didn’t try to throw herself off the balcony. Making sure the balcony was clear, he sat beside her, taking a drink and replenishing his stormlight. Then he waited. 

want to skip till when she wakes up? :P 

Cool. :P 

Ash shook slightly, quivering. she felt.... cold? Where am I?

She cracked her eye open, glancing around herself. she was on a balcony, overlooking the (whatever she is overlooking). She started. There was a man on the balcony with her, looking at her curiously. "Who are you!" Ash growled, glaring at him. 

12 hours ago, Ookla-The-Stick said:

Ash shook slightly, quivering. she felt.... cold? Where am I?

She cracked her eye open, glancing around herself. she was on a balcony, overlooking the (whatever she is overlooking). She started. There was a man on the balcony with her, looking at her curiously. "Who are you!" Ash growled, glaring at him. 

"My name is Kaladin."

Kaladin tilted his head. Ash was...coherent now, wasn't she?

"My name is Kaladin."

Kaladin tilted his head. Ash was...coherent now, wasn't she?

"Storm off! Where am I? How did I get here?" She stood up, a bit unsteady on her feet. she tripped into the rail, splitting her lip. She swore loudly, wiping blood from her face. 

4 minutes ago, Ookla-The-Stick said:

"Storm off! Where am I? How did I get here?" She stood up, a bit unsteady on her feet. she tripped into the rail, splitting her lip. She swore loudly, wiping blood from her face. 

Kaladin held up his hands. "Sit down and I'll explain." He offered her water from his canteen.

Kaladin stood, gently but firmly taking her by the arm and leading her towards the chair. "Sit down, Ash."

"How do you know my name? Why won't you let me go?!" She struggled in his grasp, trying to bolt for the doorway. 

On 12/14/2023 at 12:31 PM, Ookla the Silver said:

A third man who looks like the health inspector, but with light brown hair, joins the other two men.

Lunamor approaches the suspicious man, rather peeved and wondering if the health inspector had a massive wig collection.

”Apologies for the wait. How can I help you?”

Apologies for the wait out of character, too!

10 hours ago, Lunamor said:

Lunamor approaches the suspicious man, rather peeved and wondering if the health inspector had a massive wig collection.

”Apologies for the wait. How can I help you?”

"We're waiting for something, can we have some white in the meantime?" Says the brown haired one, the rest nod along.