The Happy Inquisitor: A Restaurant

Lunamor

1 minute ago, Just-A-Stick said:

She winced, trying to silence the voices screaming in her mind about a trap. Ashe hesitantly reached out and took his hand. 

Kaladin was relieved when Ash allowed him to help her up. She seemed to have calmed down a little. He led her to the door and relaxed his grip on her arm, though he kept physical contact in case she tried something.

1 minute ago, Part Of The Narrative said:

Kaladin was relieved when Ash allowed him to help her up. She seemed to have calmed down a little. He led her to the door and relaxed his grip on her arm, though he kept physical contact in case she tried something.

A tiny sound came from behind them, and Ash ducked reflexively, trying to scurry away, even though it was only a cremling.  

Edited by Just-A-Stick

2 minutes ago, Just-A-Stick said:

A tiny sound came from behind them, and Ash ducked reflexively, trying to scurry away, even though it was only a cremling.  

Kaladin inhaled sharply. He remembered being like that, scared, terrified, jumping at every noise. "It's okay," he said softly, sliding his hand down her arm so they're palms settled together. "You're safe.

"I know what it feels like. Anything might be a trap. You can't trust anyone, because they might end up hurting you."

Kaladin held his breath, unsure how she would react to his confession.

3 minutes ago, Part Of The Narrative said:

Kaladin inhaled sharply. He remembered being like that, scared, terrified, jumping at every noise. "It's okay," he said softly, sliding his hand down her arm so they're palms settled together. "You're safe.

"I know what it feels like. Anything might be a trap. You can't trust anyone, because they might end up hurting you."

Kaladin held his breath, unsure how she would react to his confession.

A tear slipped down her cheek, making a soft splash on the floor. "I don't feel safe." 

Ash was silent, not meeting the man's gaze. She looked at the floor, scuffing her toe in the dirt. 

Kaladin’s thoughts were going a mile a minute. He couldn’t know what was wrong with Ash until he tested her more. Although…he didn’t know how he would go about it. It’d been like she was possessed or something. 

“Have…you ever visited the Nightwatcher? A long time ago?” he found himself asking. He immediately knew it was the wrong thing to say, but he had to find out. 

Kaladin’s thoughts were going a mile a minute. He couldn’t know what was wrong with Ash until he tested her more. Although…he didn’t know how he would go about it. It’d been like she was possessed or something. 

“Have…you ever visited the Nightwatcher? A long time ago?” he found himself asking. He immediately knew it was the wrong thing to say, but he had to find out. 

"No....? I never been there...." She looked at him, eyes narrowed. "Why do you ask?" 

“Nothing.” Kaladin said absently. It wasn’t that…what could it be? “Are you hungry?” He asked. 

She shrugged. "I might eat... but I'd rather have some White, or a bit of moss...." She looked at him hopefully. 

Just now, Part Of The Narrative said:

Kaladin led her into the hallway. “I’m not letting you get near that stuff.  You’ll go into withdrawal for a bit but you’re tough. You’ll handle it.”

Ash stopped, digging her heels into the floor looking scared. She quickly masked the feeling, glaring at him instead. "And if I'm not "tough"? If I can't "Handle it"? What then?" A dangerous glint entered her eyes and and stepped away from him, backing down the hallway. 

11 minutes ago, Just-A-Stick said:

Ash stopped, digging her heels into the floor looking scared. She quickly masked the feeling, glaring at him instead. "And if I'm not "tough"? If I can't "Handle it"? What then?" A dangerous glint entered her eyes and and stepped away from him, backing down the hallway. 

Kaladin shook his head. “There is no ‘if.’ You wouldn’t have survived this long with the life you had if you couldn’t deal with some withdrawal.” He shrugged, watching her retreat. “You can try to leave. I don’t see why you would, though.”

7 minutes ago, Part Of The Narrative said:

Kaladin shook his head. “There is no ‘if.’ You wouldn’t have survived this long with the life you had if you couldn’t deal with some withdrawal.” He shrugged, watching her retreat. “You can try to leave. I don’t see why you would, though.”

Ash growled, but stopped looking at him angrily. "Storm you, bastard!" 

Ash growled, but stopped looking at him angrily. "Storm you, bastard!" 

“Yup,” Kaladin said. “Storm me and storm me good for getting myself into this mess. But I’m helping you now and you can’t really stop me, can you?”

“Yup,” Kaladin said. “Storm me and storm me good for getting myself into this mess. But I’m helping you now and you can’t really stop me, can you?”

"I..." Ash didn't know what to say. She wobbled on her feet slightly, her eyes drooping in exhaustion. 

23 hours ago, Just-A-Stick said:

"I..." Ash didn't know what to say. She wobbled on her feet slightly, her eyes drooping in exhaustion. 

Kaladin exhaled softly. “Maybe you just need to sleep. Come on.” He led her down the hall to a room with a cot in it, taking her arm to steady her. 

2 minutes ago, Part Of The Narrative said:

Kaladin exhaled softly. “Maybe you just need to sleep. Come on.” He led her down the hall to a room with a cot in it, taking her arm to steady her. 

Ash nodded, to tired to object. She laid down, back to the wall. @Part Of The Narrative

Just now, Just-A-Stick said:

Ash nodded, to tired to object. She laid down, back to the wall. @Part Of The Narrative

Kaladin watched her for a moment, then picked up a blanket lying in the corner and draped it over her carefully. He closed the door halfway and sank to the ground outside the room, resting his head against the wall. His mind was swimming, and he felt overwhelmed. For some reason he needed to help Ash. Something about her was..different. 

Kaladin watched her for a moment, then picked up a blanket lying in the corner and draped it over her carefully. He closed the door halfway and sank to the ground outside the room, resting his head against the wall. His mind was swimming, and he felt overwhelmed. For some reason he needed to help Ash. Something about her was..different. 

Ash shut her eyes, falling asleep without her usual trouble.

She dreamed she was falling...

falling into a deep, dark pit.

She landed at the bottom, bones crunching on impact. Ash screamed as the sudden pain flooded through her body.