The Happy Inquisitor: A Restaurant

Lunamor

2 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

a short alethi man walks in and walks over to the bar. "hey! I'm looking for a job as a cook and i heard that you where the best."

“Welcome!”

Lunamor stashes the spheres in his apron pocket.

”I could use another cook. The kitchen, he gets backed up. One man can only make so much stew.”

He squints at the Alethi man, eying him up and down. He doesn’t look blatantly untrustworthy, but Lunamor has learned to be wary anyways.

”Do you have any previous experience or qualifications?”

12 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"nothing note worthy."

“I see.”

Lunamor straightens out his apron.

”Come to the kitchen, I will test your skills.”

He then leads the man to the kitchen, glancing over his shoulder to check for any troublemakers before pushing open the doors.

”What is your name?”

8 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"john." he says before quickly following the horneater.

“Ok, John.”

Lunamor takes out various ingredients and places them on the counter next to some pots and pans.

”Make a stew out of these ingredients. This stew, he can be of any flavor. He just needs to taste good.”

1 minute ago, Lunamor said:

“Ok, John.”

Lunamor takes out various ingredients and places them on the counter next to some pots and pans.

”Make a stew out of these ingredients. This stew, he can be of any flavor. He just needs to taste good.”

john picks up several ingredients and combindes flour, garlic salt and pepper in a bowl. he tosses some beef into the mixture. he adds the oil to the bowl and starts heating it. he cooks it until the beef and onions have browned. he adds some red wine, water and a few other spices before combining all the ingredients together and leave to simmer. a half hour later he hands the horneater a delisius smelling broth and hopes for the best.

1 minute ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

john picks up several ingredients and combindes flour, garlic salt and pepper in a bowl. he tosses some beef into the mixture. he adds the oil to the bowl and starts heating it. he cooks it until the beef and onions have browned. he adds some red wine, water and a few other spices before combining all the ingredients together and leave to simmer. a half hour later he hands the horneater a delisius smelling broth and hopes for the best.

Lunamor takes a sip, then smiles.

”He is delicious!”

He finishes the stew within a few more seconds.

”I think you will make a great cook. You’re hired!”

Lunamor then realizes that he has been away from the main area of the restaurant for far too long. He shoves an apron in John’s hands.

”Let me know if you need anything.”

He scurries out of the kitchen and returns to the bar.

14 minutes ago, Xiahida said:

Seriv wakes up from a nap. Man that Roughs stew was accurate. He thinks to himself. "Lunamor," he calls, "How long have I been out?" Might need a bit more stew...

Lunamor frowned. To be honest, he had forgotten about the sleeping man. The day had just been so odd. Well, relatively odd. His restaurant was never quite normal.

“I do not know. At least several hours, I think.”

He scrutinized Seriv.

”Was there something wrong with your stew?”

4 hours ago, Xiahida said:

"Knowing Roughs stew... It was accurate. Another one if you please."

“Hmmph.”

Lunamor turned on his heel and strode into the kitchen. He prepared the stew, but adjusted the proportions of some of the sketchier ingredients. He was incredibly tired of having people in his restaurant pass out. He substituted the removed amounts with a mysterious, slightly grainy spice he thought would imitate the flavor well.

He briefly explained to John how to make the slightly less Rough version of the stew, then exited the kitchen. He placed the stew in front of Seriv.

”Here. I made him less likely to make you pass out.”

6 hours ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Fr had been looking forward to having stew. But he had been sitting in this restaurant for weeeks and still hadn’t got any.

Whoopsy daisy 🙃

On 1/23/2024 at 5:07 PM, RoyalBeeMage said:

"sure why not. let me stick the stew on a low simmer first."

The Dreamsmith pulled out a ladle that glowed a soft green. “Behold! The perfect ladle! It took me three weeks to forge this, but I’ve finally finished it.”

On 1/8/2024 at 4:55 PM, Part Of The Narrative said:

“Thanks.” Kaladin handed him the spheres and walked back to his and Ash’s table. 

Ash is sitting there, staring at the table and lost in thought.