The Happy Inquisitor: A Restaurant

Lunamor

Zeoy shook her head, coming back to the world. She blinked. Silence, she thought. ... Freedom? She closed her eyes and focused on shutting her thoughts away, being in the moment. Finding the nothingness. A touch of peace came over her and she opened her eyes.

"Yes. I think there's something there."

Zeoy closed her eyes. She pushed away everything and felt the peace again. She could tell it was fragile. In fact, when the thought entered her mind, it shattered, falling away and forcing her to start again. She took a deep breath. She would find it again. Perfect Silence. Slowly, slowly, she opened herself, letting it into her. As it balanced out the worries in her mind she felt herself smile. 

Pheonix closed his eyes again, returning to his state of Silence.

Unconsciously, he beckoned, inviting the emptiness in. 
He felt it come, slowly, filling him with a bubble of stillness.
After a minute or two, he opened his eyes.
"I did it," he said- or, at least, tried to say. When he spoke, no noise came out. In fact, no noise came from anywhere on him, not even from the rustle of his clothes. 

The figure looked on in surprise. She could sense others' usage of Silence already? Powerful, indeed...

He cleared his throat silently, then went on. I see that you have both succeeded. Now, a few things- you will not be able to make any noise while you have Silence upon you, including talking. In this way, you can gain an even greater understanding and connection to Silence; and that will, in turn, allow you to do many of the more advanced arts. If at any time you wish to return to noise, you can do so- just push the Silence away. Be warned, however, that this can undo much of the progress you have made.

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

The figure looked on in surprise. She could sense others' usage of Silence already? Powerful, indeed...

He cleared his throat silently, then went on. I see that you have both succeeded. Now, a few things- you will not be able to make any noise while you have Silence upon you, including talking. In this way, you can gain an even greater understanding and connection to Silence; and that will, in turn, allow you to do many of the more advanced arts. If at any time you wish to return to noise, you can do so- just push the Silence away. Be warned, however, that this can undo much of the progress you have made.

"So, you're saying there are levels?" Zeoy asked. "I can go deeper and deeper into... Silence..." She cocked her head. "What happens when I reach the limit?"

On 5/5/2019 at 7:39 PM, I am a stick!!!!!!!!!!!!!! said:

"We have come for provisions for our trip ahead, but now, may I have some solid stew and lemonade?"

@AonEne

Lunamor bustled out of the kitchen, grumbling something about staff and random vacations without notice. He set a bowl of solid stew and lemonade in front of them, peeved at the lack of waiters and bartenders.

56 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

"It involves pineapples. And more pineapples!"

@Lunamor

“I am interested. This restaurant, he needs more staff.”

4 hours ago, Lunamor said:

Lunamor bustled out of the kitchen, grumbling something about staff and random vacations without notice. He set a bowl of solid stew and lemonade in front of them, peeved at the lack of waiters and bartenders.

"Could I have some lemonade as well?" Slate called.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Dedspren said:

Any chance i can apply for job of stewcook

“I am already stewcook. These stews, they are my specialty. But I am sure that we could find another job for you. Tell me, have you any experience with baking?”

Just now, Dedspren said:

Yes actualy i prefer to bake with "out spike" if you know what i mean

“You can most certainly choose to bake spikeless cookies if that is what you desire. I will have to warn you, however- you may come into contact with Hemalurgic materials if you decide to work here. I will do my best to prevent such a thing from happening, but I cannot guarantee that your experience will be spike free.”

Just now, Lunamor said:

“You can most certainly choose to bake spikeless cookies if that is what you desire. I will have to warn you, however- you may come into contact with Hemalurgic materials if you decide to work here. I will do my best to prevent such a thing from happening, but I cannot guarantee that your experience will be spike free.”

"Perfect" jan said quietly

Just now, Dedspren said:

"Perfect" jan said quietly

“If you would follow me right this way, I will give you a tour of the kitchens and then you can get to work.”

Lunamor gestured in the direction of the kitchens.