The Happy Inquisitor: A Restaurant

Lunamor

29 minutes ago, Just-A-Stick said:

Ash shut her eyes, falling asleep without her usual trouble.

She dreamed she was falling...

falling into a deep, dark pit.

She landed at the bottom, bones crunching on impact. Ash screamed as the sudden pain flooded through her body. 

Kaladin’s heart sunk at the sudden scream. It was raw, full of pain, full of panic. He stumbled to his feet and shoved open the door.

1 minute ago, Part Of The Narrative said:

Kaladin’s heart sunk at the sudden scream. It was raw, full of pain, full of panic. He stumbled to his feet and shoved open the door.

Ash was thrashing wildly, still asleep. 

Edited by Just-A-Stick

10 minutes ago, Just-A-Stick said:

"but.... i don't feel safe!" Ash whispered, her voice shaking. 

“I know,” Kaladin said grimly. “I know you don’t. But you are right now and I don’t know how to make you believe me, but you are. You don’t have to go back to that place where everything you do is an act of fear. You don’t have to live afraid that something’s going to happen to you. Or..or to the people you love.” His voice caught, and he almost looked down in defeat, but he stared her right in the eyes, because she needed to understand him. 
“I know.” He repeated. 

3 minutes ago, Part Of The Narrative said:

“I know,” Kaladin said grimly. “I know you don’t. But you are right now and I don’t know how to make you believe me, but you are. You don’t have to go back to that place where everything you do is an act of fear. You don’t have to live afraid that something’s going to happen to you. Or..or to the people you love.” His voice caught, and he almost looked down in defeat, but he stared her right in the eyes, because she needed to understand him. 
“I know.” He repeated. 

Ash looked into his eyes, seeming to gather strength from him. She sat up slowly, raking a hand through her messy hair. 

"I'll try to believe it..." 

Just now, Part Of The Narrative said:

Kaladin approached the restaurant, making sure Ash was calm before entering.

I got permission, for all those who hate "god modding" 

They walked inside, Kaladin held the door open and Ash darted through, looking a little anxious. Kaladin placed a steadying hand on her arm, "It's alright... I'll just ask for a quite corner table for us, ok?" Ash nodded, staying close to his side as they walked over to the counter. @Lunamor

10 minutes ago, Just-A-Stick said:

They walked inside, Kaladin held the door open and Ash darted through, looking a little anxious. Kaladin placed a steadying hand on her arm, "It's alright... I'll just ask for a quite corner table for us, ok?" Ash nodded, staying close to his side as they walked over to the counter. @Lunamor

Lunamor perked up upon seeing the two figures approach. Ash seemed better, although still acted nervous. Kaladin had made some progress. He tried to present a reassuring smile. 

“Welcome back! Looks like I’ve got returning customers again. I have a good spot for you.”

He led the pair over to the corner where he had been surveying his establishment. There sat a booth table, which could block its occupants from view depending on where they sat.

”This table, he is very quiet.”

@Part Of The Narrative

19 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Lunamor perked up upon seeing the two figures approach. Ash seemed better, although still acted nervous. Kaladin had made some progress. He tried to present a reassuring smile. 

“Welcome back! Looks like I’ve got returning customers again. I have a good spot for you.”

He led the pair over to the corner where he had been surveying his establishment. There sat a booth table, which could block its occupants from view depending on where they sat.

”This table, he is very quiet.”

@Part Of The Narrative

Ash gave him a tiny half smile, and a little wave, before sitting down at the booth.

Veil's gone for the evening :P 

17 hours ago, Part Of The Narrative said:

Kaladin nodded at Lunamor. "Two bowls. Thank you."

1 hour ago, Just-A-Stick said:

@Lunamor

Ash fiddled with her hands under the table. 

Lunamor nodded and retreated into the kitchen. He scooped two bowls of plain stew from the large vat bubbling in the corner and returned. Placing them down on the table, the contents slightly sloshed.

”Would you like anything else?”

25 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Lunamor nodded and retreated into the kitchen. He scooped two bowls of plain stew from the large vat bubbling in the corner and returned. Placing them down on the table, the contents slightly sloshed.

”Would you like anything else?”

Kaladin shook his head. “Thanks, Rock.” He pushed one bowl in front of Ash, gesturing towards it. “Here.”

9 minutes ago, Part Of The Narrative said:

Kaladin shook his head. “Thanks, Rock.” He pushed one bowl in front of Ash, gesturing towards it. “Here.”

Ash fiddled with her spoon before putting a small bite of soup in her mouth. 

9 minutes ago, Part Of The Narrative said:

Lunamor nodded and returned to the opposite corner of the restaurant, his new surveying spot.

3 minutes ago, Just-A-Stick said:

Ash fiddled with her spoon before putting a small bite of soup in her mouth. 

Kaladin sat for a moment, then realized he was staring at Ash. Storms. I'm still trying to analyze her, aren't I? She was going to get creeped out if he didn't watch it. He hurriedly looked down and ate a few bites of stew.