The Happy Inquisitor: A Restaurant

Lunamor

4 minutes ago, Part Of The Narrative said:

Kaladin's eyes snapped open. Something was wrong. He strode to Ash's bed, pulling the pillow off her face.

Her eyelashes fluttered, but didn't open. she was still holding her breath. 

4 minutes ago, Part Of The Narrative said:

Kaladin grabbed Ash's mouth with his hands and gently forced her jaw apart. Reflexes should force her to breathe in.

She breathed in, color returning to her face. Ash opened her eyes and glared at him. "Storm you." She whispered, trying to turn back to the wall. 

1 minute ago, Part Of The Narrative said:

"And storm me good." Kaladin laid a hand on her shoulder. He didn't say anything else.

Ash jerked out of his grasp and reached for the pillow again. "Go to sleep." She growled. 

On 1/25/2024 at 9:44 PM, Part Of The Narrative said:

"I will." Kaladin retreated, returning to his spot on the floor. He left his eyes open a crack.

Ash covered her face with the pillow again, shutting her eyes. @Part Of The Narrative

Edited by Just-A-Stick

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/13/2024 at 8:52 PM, Just-A-Stick said:

Ash walked until she found a balcony and stepped into the cool night air. Storming man... She swore under her breath. 

"Kaladin!" Syl hissed, jolting him awake. "It's Ash!" Kaladin looked around. He cursed, rubbing his eyes as he stood and striding down the hallway, seeing the night sky and Ash by the balcony. "Ash?"

1 minute ago, Part Of The Narrative said:

"Kaladin!" Syl hissed, jolting him awake. "It's Ash!" Kaladin looked around. He cursed, rubbing his eyes as he stood and striding down the hallway, seeing the night sky and Ash by the balcony. "Ash?"

Ash whirled around, eyes blazing. "What are you doing here?" She spat. 

• 2 weeks later...

Meanwhile, back in the restaurant...

Javi walked through the front entrance, then paused.

"I get the feeling I'm interrupting something..." she whispered to herself.

Instead of being polite to whoever she was interrupting, she yelled into the restaurant, "I SELL CANDLES. VERY... SPECIAL CANDLES! ONLY TWO MARKS EACH!" She sat down in a corner and pulled a black hood over her head.

7 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Meanwhile, back in the restaurant...

Javi walked through the front entrance, then paused.

"I get the feeling I'm interrupting something..." she whispered to herself.

Instead of being polite to whoever she was interrupting, she yelled into the restaurant, "I SELL CANDLES. VERY... SPECIAL CANDLES! ONLY TWO MARKS EACH!" She sat down in a corner and pulled a black hood over her head.

Lunamor gave a long, drawn out sigh. Great. Another traveling merchant here to hawk her wares. They didn't seem to have any shame. Airsick lowlanders had no respect for basic decency sometimes. He straightened his apron, fighting off a scowl. Lunamor walked stiffly over to the seller.

"This restaurant, he is not for selling wares. Only paying customers are allowed. You must buy stew or a drink. "

He crossed his arms.

"My patrons, they are not to be bothered with offers for overpriced candles."