Finally joined!

cabuckn

2 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

Welcome, welcome! Who's your favorite character and what Sanderson books have you read?

Hey thanks!

Currently my favorite is Dalinar, by far. I wish he were real and would right books on leadership lol

Books I've read:

Mistborn

Steelheart and Firefight (need to get Calamity)

Way of Kings and Words of Radiance (re-reading WoK and WoR before I jump in Oathbringer)

32 minutes ago, cabuckn said:

Hey thanks!

Currently my favorite is Dalinar, by far. I wish he were real and would right books on leadership lol

Books I've read:

Mistborn

Steelheart and Firefight (need to get Calamity)

Way of Kings and Words of Radiance (re-reading WoK and WoR before I jump in Oathbringer)

Which Mistborn books? Era 1, Era 2, Secret History? I'm a big Mistborn nerd. Speaking of which, Stormlight or Mistborn?

1 minute ago, Shard of Thought said:

Which Mistborn books? Era 1, Era 2, Secret History? I'm a big Mistborn nerd. Speaking of which, Stormlight or Mistborn?

Era 1 for Mistborn.

Stormlight is by far my favorite. Funny enough, I had only ever listened to the audiobooks. This week I bought my first Kindle and bought WoK. It's SO MUCH better in written form, no offense to audiobook lovers.

2 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

Did you like Kelsier, 'cause if so you should read Secret History.

Yeah. I only ever listened to an audiobook for Harry Potter. They are super nice though, because some people just don't have time to read at all. 

yeah, I enjoy audio books a lot. But for Stormlight, at least currently for me, it's much more immersive to just read. 

1 hour ago, cabuckn said:

Era 1 for Mistborn.

Stormlight is by far my favorite. Funny enough, I had only ever listened to the audiobooks. This week I bought my first Kindle and bought WoK. It's SO MUCH better in written form, no offense to audiobook lovers.

I bought my 4th kindle (I've had a generation 1, 2 fires, and now a paperwhite) just so I could read Stormlight. The books were too big for my bag ^_^

9 minutes ago, cabuckn said:

I just got the Paperwhite and LOVE it!

I do too! I wanted one with a backlight and finally found one for under $60 right after Christmas. I just finished Oathbringer a few days ago.

Edited by 17SarcasticGhanderflaffles

12 minutes ago, 17SarcasticGhanderflaffles said:

I do too! I wanted one with a backlight and finally found one for under $60 right after Christmas. I just finished Oathbringer a few days ago.

I believe they're normally $130 but Best Buy had them for $99 earlier this week. Without a doubt the best purchase I've made lately. Waterproof too, which is always nice.