Book 2 speculation *Spoilers*

Aranfan

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I've totally got this one nailed down.

Shallan and Jasnah get to the Shattered Plains

Adolin: Hi, there. So, you're my cousin's ward? That's really amazing. We should go talk about that somewhere. Alone...

Szeth shows up to kill Dalinar

Szeth: Honor, Honor, I hate my life, Honor, honor

Awesome Kaladin/Szeth showdown!!

Syl: *stands between them with hands on hips* Stop it right now, both of you or I'll stick you to the ceiling!

In the midst of this, Shallan gives her shardblade to Dalinar

Jasnah: Oh, now you're a shardbearer, Shallan? Any more life-changing secrets we need to get out of the way? No? There better not be. *gives Shallan the I-will-turn-you-into-a-statue-if-you're-lying-again glare*

Shallan: No, never, Brightness. Nothing else. *cough*exceptIkilledmyfather*cough*

And then my shipping friends have informed me that Shallan must then fall in love with Renarin, much to Adolin's dismay.

Edited by FeatherWriter

*cracks up*

I'm predicting Adolin and Renarin falling for Shallan, and then Shallan falling for Kaladin. And then Kaladin falling in love with Adolin.......ok not that last bit. I just couldn't resist closing the circle. Actually I'd rather see Kaladin/Renarin then Kaladin/Adolin

Okay, I've totally got this one nailed down.

Shallan and Jasnah get to the Shattered Plains

Adolin: Hi, there. So, you're my cousin's ward? That's really amazing. We should go talk about that somewhere. Alone...

Szeth shows up to kill Dalinar

Szeth: Honor, Honor, I hate my life, Honor, honor

Awesome Kaladin/Szeth showdown!!

Syl: *stands between them with hands on hips* Stop it right now, both of you or I'll stick you to the ceiling!

In the midst of this, Shallan gives her shardblade to Dalinar

Jasnah: Oh, now you're a shardbearer, Shallan? Any more life-changing secrets we need to get out of the way? No? There better not be. *gives Shallan the I-will-turn-you-into-a-statue-if-you're-lying-again glare*

Shallan: No, never, Brightness. Nothing else. *cough*exceptIkilledmyfather*cough*

And then my shipping friends have informed me that Shallan must then fall in love with Renarin, much to Adolin's dismay.

LoL. This kind of reminds me of the old Wheel of Time parodies. Short and sweet, and somehow accurate...

Does anyone remember when Adolin is dueling, and Dalinar is telling Elohkar and Sadeas about the Way of Kings and Elohkar starts being paranoid and tells them that he sees people with symbols? Shallan also sees symbols. Jasnah says they have something to do with natural Soulcasting. Does this mean that King Elohkar is actually good for something? Could he be a Soulcaster?

I have to agree with you. In fact, i wouldn't be surprised if book 3 or 4 was focussed on Elohkar.

I think that the Dalinar/Szeth (or the highly suspected Kaladin/Szeth) fight has to end in not-a-death. Which means

1. Szeth won't attack. He decides not to do it. Whether to not kill, or not even make an attack, he sees the honor that these two have and doesn't take the final blow. He breaks his vow as a Truthless.

OR

2. Kaladin wins (unlikley but possible), but doesn't take the final blow, because he's tired of killing.

OR

3. Szeth can't attack. He looses his powers, whether through the little rock his owner has, or by loosing his cursed Shardblade, or something else.

OR

4. Someone orders Szeth not to attack. Someone get control of Szeth's rock, and commands him to not attack. This could be the King, changing his mind, or it could be a change in power.

So pretty much, with any of these, one of three things happens. One, Szeth crawls (or scurries) away in exile, whether in fear or embarassment, or as self-punishment. He may slink back to the King, but I don't think so.

Two, Szeth joins Team Dalinar/Kaladin and the Fight for Justice!

Three, Szeth joins a new team (only if someone new gets his rock)

I think there is a distinct possibility of Szeth being freed. Just my oppinion

Two, Szeth joins Team Dalinar/Kaladin and the Fight for Justice!

I can't see the Alethi being happy about Dalinar suddenly recruiting the Assassin in White. Things could get very interesting.

Edited by Quantum Toast

I just realized, the King is going to need a new Wit after Hoid kinda goes AWOL, you know who would be great for this position and is on her way to the Shattered Plains? Yep, that's right, Shallan is gonna be the new King's Wit.

I just realized, the King is going to need a new Wit after Hoid kinda goes AWOL, you know who would be great for this position and is on her way to the Shattered Plains? Yep, that's right, Shallan is gonna be the new King's Wit.

That is so perfect. Shallan as the new Wit, which leaves Hoid all sorts of time for Hoidy-ness. *cough*andthenshefallsforRenarin*cough*

I don't know. I have a feeling he might want to wear it as a badge of honor. It's kinda badass. He has "dangerous" written across his forehead!

At this point in his life, I seriously doubt it matters. He's Kaladin, for crying out loud! If he's not already a legend among the war camps, he will be soon. (Some people have probably not heard about him. That's not going to last long.) He might as well keep it; everyone will know enough about him, I doubt it will affect him either way in the long run. Who he is will have a much bigger effect.

remember Kal has 3 glyphs, the original 2 he got when he was enslaved and then the shash glyph which he got just before the main story picked up. If I were him I'd slash up the original two and leave the shash glyph, because having "dangerous' written across your forehead is BA.

I somehow doubt that Szeth would be able to easily renounce his Truthlessness and join Kaladin, Dalinar & co. He is already going insane, hearing the screams of those he has murdered and blaming people for not being strong enough to prevent him from killing them. I think that having to take full responsibility for all of those deaths by renouncing the power of his vow as Truthless (think Derethil and the Wandersail) would be too much for him.

Also, in an interview, The Sanderson mentioned that Book 1 was partly about Shallan's "first apprenticeship". Does this mean that there are going to be more apprenticeships to others? I'm all for the Shallan as Wit Idea :) .

• 2 weeks later...

I have a feeling that Dalinar is probably going to die in the next book at the hands of Szeth. Think about it. He has no Shardblade or Shardplate. And I'm thinking one of the ultimate goals of the series is to rebuild the Knights Radiant with our ten main characters, who ever they may be, as the heads of each of the orders. I'm thinking if you're going to be "in" the club, you'd need a Shardblade. Adolin has both and his father has been training him to take over leadership anyway.

I have a feeling that Dalinar is probably going to die in the next book at the hands of Szeth. Think about it. He has no Shardblade or Shardplate. And I'm thinking one of the ultimate goals of the series is to rebuild the Knights Radiant with our ten main characters, who ever they may be, as the heads of each of the orders. I'm thinking if you're going to be "in" the club, you'd need a Shardblade. Adolin has both and his father has been training him to take over leadership anyway.

Personally, I very much doubt that Brandon's plan is to rebuild the Knights Radiant in that manner. It is possible for him to intend a whole new order with different ideals, but I just feel that he wouldn't go the route you are suggesting.

Fell

I'm not saying you would be required to have a Shardblade, because Kaladin doesn't. Or that the Order is going to be exactly the same. But Kaladin has surgebinding to offset his lack of a Shardblade. The reason I think he wouldn't be one of the leaders of this new group is because without some kind of magic or Shardblade, he'd be very vulnerable with no way to fight back should Szeth or anyone else with a Shardblade come for him. I feel Adolin is a better fit for leading armies against the Desolation. Plus Dalinar has a bit of the old mentor relationship with Adolin, and we all know how that turns out.

Dalinar holds some powers too. Remember when protecting Elhokar against the Chasmfiend, and his Plate gets all shiny, he's too strong, even with shardplate, and he moves really fast.

Adolin notices that he seems to move faster than even a person in Shardplate should.

I don't think having a current shardblade will have anything to do with founding the orders of KR because of Syl's reaction to the blades. Something is flawed with the blades as we saw in Dalinar's flashback when the light seemed to go out of both the plate and blades. The "something" needs to be restored and the new KR must "build" their own way. I think Dalinar is intended to be the new overarching leader of the KR, just as Noadon (sp) was the guiding light to the knights of the past through "The Way of Kings", they need an organizing leader, not just ten different heads, but one person to look up to and rally around.

• 2 weeks later...

Dalinar holds some powers too. Remember when protecting Elhokar against the Chasmfiend, and his Plate gets all shiny, he's too strong, even with shardplate, and he moves really fast.

Adolin notices that he seems to move faster than even a person in Shardplate should.

Also we get a couple of other references in the book about how Dalinar's Plate is "better" or different. Or at least that's hinted at. Do you thinki everyone else's Plate lets them feel what they are gripping like they were wearing thin leather gloves? I doubt it. Also he is meantioned to have taken to the Plate very quickly and very well, better than nearly anyone else. And of course we have the portions when he is honoring (wink wink) his pledge to protect Elhokar, that he is faster stronger and glowier than normal plate users.

In summary, I agree. :)

I hope Book 2 focuses on Shallan because I wanna know how the heck she wound up killing her dad.

Also wanna see her end up actually summoning the Blade, just to see the massive This post has been reported for attempting to skirt the rules reactions from anybody else in the room at the time. Right before some of them die horribly. Or just run away screaming.

I suspect Szeth will get book 4.

I'd rather we get an all new viewpoint character by book 4.