17 minutes ago, Seventh Saint said:

Yes. To fully crawl out into the open, my role isn’t a straight extra life; there was a reason I insisted I needed to be lynched yesterday. :P I’m a Roleplayer, and every night I receive a random past role that somebody RPed as. Last night it was Aiel-blooded from LG6, an extra life role, and this cycle I got an alignment-confusing role, Mastrell from LG29, which I won’t be using in the interests of helping village scanners out. If there’s a scanner that wants to use their action to confirm my role, though, I suppose we could maybe coordinate something? 

Why are you telling us all this? Obviously you don't want to be lynched now, but a full confession? Why not just share part of your role's abilities? The elims obviously have limited info on roles, so I think we should be cautious as to how we proceed with sharing our info.  People Mailliw  Wilson shared info with is a good start for people to trust... I believe I know of 3 of those people, but I believe there to be at least one more.  I will look through D2 again as to who those people are, and they are likely to be trusted.

Also people with info on other roles, regardless of contact with Maill also look village right now.

8 minutes ago, Seventh Saint said:

Yes, I was. I’ve sent in joke actions every turn in fear of SookeSiled even though I’ve got a passive role, to prevent my ability doing something weird if I submit nothing, and will do the same this cycle as well. 

I checked with the GMs about how my role would react with possible SookSoilings.  However, my role is basically not impacted by that role.  I seriously doubt that is just a my role thing, so it may help to ask specifically about yours as well.

Edited by Furamirionind

1 minute ago, Furamirionind said:

Why are you telling us all this? Obviously you don't want to be lynched now, but a full confession? Why not just share part of your role's abilities?

I don’t want misunderstandings. If a vigilante kills me tonight and then wonders why I didn’t die, I wanted to clear that up so the village isn’t simply left baffled that I “lied”. Also, I’m putting myself out there for getting either killed or converted, and either way I’m probably taking a significant bullet for the village, so there are worse things to do than reveal my role. And there’s really no way to share only part of my role either. 

Hm. So it appears everyone voted except for Drought and Snipexe? And that neither one of them posted yesterday at all? Or, it seems, they both did, but very early in the cycle and both with explanations that they've been busy. Neither one of them is likely to be Babaji, as a result, so I'm cool with putting them aside for now. @May I suggest The Only Joe and @Snipexe, please come back to us soon.

Once again, Steel has a suspicious vote :lol: and Rath... yeah. He was one of the biggest advocates of letting Devotary prove themselves, so shady. IIRC, Rae and Lum were also trying to steer us away. Honestly Lum has been triggering me this whole game so if the Vigilante could ban them tonight, I wouldn't be mad. Araris is, as usual, too hard to read which makes my gut say "kill him with fire".

Also, we should briefly return to the subject of Jon. I don't think it's a coincidence he was killed Night 1. The odds of the Spammers deleting the guy PMs ride on by sheer luck? I buy that as much as I bought Devotary's Firewall Expert claim. I was a little suspicious of Mailliw since he told me he knew a Disciple role, but as I can now see, he wasn't the leak. Rand got some claims but considering I told him Roadwalker was going to die last night, I trust he wasn't converted then, so he wasn't the leak. The only other player I know of who's sent a lot of PMs was Rae, and while she did eventually vote for Devotary...

This post gives me :ph34r: vibes

ED1T:

Looking at some of her later posts, Rae doesn't seem as shady. BUT I hope she wouldn't. At that point I would have straight up bused my teammate too.

ED2T:

Rath, Lum, Araris, ITIAH/Rae and Alv. Those are probably the 6 people I trust the least, all shenanigans considered. Would probably lynch them in that order.

Edited by Adavantos

I'm catching up on yesterday's thread, so I'll be including some random thoughts here.

Here, crimsn tries to incriminate Seventh Saint. The lynch at the time wasn't completely closed yet, so it makes me elan more village on Seventh.

Metabard,  Elandera and Alvron all voted after the tie got broken against Devotary in the late game, when it (at least in hindsight), looked like the game was up for Devotary. Alv's comment in particular is pretty odd.

That's it for my first quick skim, though I'm curious where the other extra vote on Crimsn came from. If someone wants to claim that, I think it'd be useful extra info.

Edited by Aranduensis
grammar

20 minutes ago, Aranduensis said:

Metabard,  Elandera and Alvron all voted after the tie got broken against Devotary in the late game, when it (at leas in hindsight), looked like the game was up for Devotary. Alv's comment in particular is pretty odd.

I was considering my vote for a while, but was waiting for Adavantos to explain a bit more why he thought Devotary was spammer. The thread was... difficult to keep up with, and especially difficult to keep pace with in the last 30 minutes or so.

44 minutes ago, Adavantos said:

Also, we should briefly return to the subject of Jon. I don't think it's a coincidence he was killed Night 1. The odds of the Spammers deleting the guy PMs ride on by sheer luck? I buy that as much as I bought Devotary's Firewall Expert claim. I was a little suspicious of Mailliw since he told me he knew a Disciple role, but as I can now see, he wasn't the leak. Rand got some claims but considering I told him Roadwalker was going to die last night, I trust he wasn't converted then, so he wasn't the leak. The only other player I know of who's sent a lot of PMs was Rae, and while she did eventually vote for Devotary...

In hopes of getting things pinned down a bit better for everyone, I was the Disciple of Herowannabe claimant to Mailliw/Tiny. That role has since been revoked by GMs when Jon died, as the others I claimed to could vouch for. There were only two Disciples of Herowannabe in the game, which I learned was Jon and myself after his death. It's why when I misunderstood Mailliw's post about hearing about a few disciple roles, I needed to tell him if they had claimed Hero, it would have been a lie. 

It also makes me trust Rae somewhat, though not completely (as is normal, especially in a conversion game). I had claimed the role name to her, though not the function, which is what prompted the removal of her vote from me.

9 minutes ago, Elandera said:

In hopes of getting things pinned down a bit better for everyone, I was the Disciple of Herowannabe claimant to Mailliw/Tiny. That role has since been revoked by GMs when Jon died, as the others I claimed to could vouch for. There were only two Disciples of Herowannabe in the game, which I learned was Jon and myself after his death. It's why when I misunderstood Mailliw's post about hearing about a few disciple roles, I needed to tell him if they had claimed Hero, it would have been a lie. 

It also makes me trust Rae somewhat, though not completely (as is normal, especially in a conversion game). I had claimed the role name to her, though not the function, which is what prompted the removal of her vote from m

Ah, hm. This is pretty interesting. I hadn't anticipated a second DoH. Makes me wonder if the Jon kill was random after all. As far as I'm aware, not many players actively choose to kill low/inactives when they're evil, other than me. Color me confuzzled.

Edited by Adavantos

3 minutes ago, Adavantos said:

Ah, hm. This is pretty interesting. I hadn't anticipated a second DoH. Makes me wonder if the Jon kill was random after all. As far as I'm aware, not many players actively choose to kill low/inactives when they're evil, other than me. Color me confuzzled.

The last time Roadwalker was evil, they leaned toward killing low/inactives. I also had a hunch that Jon's death may have been related to his vote moving. It's possible the spammers thought he had some kind of vote manip role instead.

2 hours ago, Adavantos said:

Drought and Snipexe? And that neither one of them posted yesterday at all? Or, it seems, they both did, but very early in the cycle and both with explanations that they've been busy. Neither one of them is likely to be Babaji, as a result, so I'm cool with putting them aside for now. @May I suggest The Only Joe and @Snipexe, please come back to us soon.

I want to, but this thread moves too fast! I was caught up yesterday and was going to write something more solid, but I had to wait a bit and by the time I was done there were like 100 more posts to read through.

Edited by Snipexe
Added up between caught and yesterday

2 minutes ago, Snipexe said:

I want to, but this thread moves too fast! I was caught up yesterday and was going to write something more solid, but I had to wait a bit and by the time I was done there were like 100 more posts to read through.

It'll probably be a much easier pace once I'm dead B) 

52 minutes ago, Adavantos said:

It'll probably be a much easier pace once I'm dead B) 

That'll take a while yet though, as you'll be converted tonight, and it's going to take till D6 at least for your survival to be suspicious enough to justify a lynch :P

On a semi-related note, I'm fairly certain the elims hadn't converted anyone yet, as converting any of the usual suspects, or anyone else with some PM communication with them would have gotten them the inside scoop on the village role naming convention.

Well, that was unexpected.  AND I'LL TELL YOU WHY.

My role is called Metacognition.  It gave me a N1 scan...which I used on Crimsn after the activity that happened D1...the result was returned as Eliminator.  I was fairly tempted to claim during the vote, but decided not to since I thought it would just paint a target on either mine or Crimsn's back (or both)...  So, I guess the scan result was a result of mechanics that I didn't expect.  I'm trying to figure out how that would have happened.  Either Road targeted me (seems rather unlikely since I was rather inactive at that point) or maybe Crimsn self-targeted?  I guess the latter is possible if that was the mechanic Joe decided to use.

ANYWAY, I guess I now have some people I can trust even if I'm super untrustworthy after my determined defense of Crimsn.

1 minute ago, Aranduensis said:

That'll take a while yet though, as you'll be converted tonight, and it's going to take till D6 at least for your survival to be suspicious enough to justify a lynch :P

On a semi-related note, I'm fairly certain the elims hadn't converted anyone yet, as converting any of the usual suspects, or anyone else with some PM communication with them would have gotten them the inside scoop on the village role naming convention.

I was going to say. No matter what I say from this cycle forward, it'll probably be best to lynch me soon if they don't kill me tonight. If I were them, though, I would probably convert someone more low key among the confirmed and just nip me in the bud while they can.

5 minutes ago, Aranduensis said:

I had a PM with HH(guest) but it wasn't very fruitful, as all it co listed if was him telling me he had no role and me telling him the same thing I told a couple others, 

2 minutes ago, |247|-| said:

My role is called Metacognition.  It gave me a N1 scan...which I used on Crimsn after the activity that happened D1...the result was returned as Eliminator.  I was fairly tempted to claim during the vote, but decided not to since I thought it would just paint a target on either mine or Crimsn's back (or both)...  So, I guess the scan result was a result of mechanics that I didn't expect.  I'm trying to figure out how that would have happened.  Either Road targeted me (seems rather unlikely since I was rather inactive at that point) or maybe Crimsn self-targeted?  I guess the latter is possible if that was the mechanic Joe decided to use.

ANYWAY, I guess I now have some people I can trust even if I'm super untrustworthy after my determined defense of Crimsn.

I actually do believe that. I had a strong feeling either you or I was a misguided villager. I was just lucky for my own survival that it was you and not me 

5 minutes ago, |247|-| said:

Hm. There's no doubt in my mind that Devotary (Vodiyehi) self-targeted. But I'm not sure that would result in you being told they're an Eliminator. I also doubt Temptation chose you of all people N1 to mess with. So the only other explanation would be a villager manipulated your target, for some reason.

I'm apprehensive.

What's your ability tonight?

14 minutes ago, |247|-| said:

I find this too much of a gambit to be an spambot, and too much of a claim. So I believe this for now, I was actually just going to ask you why you tried to get Crimsn cleared last Week but you already posted. So, with 3 spambots dead I would say that’s pretty good. How many spambots do we think there are? Maybe I’d wager two of nobody else has any ideas?

Everybody’s claiming roles, it kind of makes me feel left out ;-;

Anyway, who are the targets we’re requesting for the vigilante to kill? Who was a suspicion we had last Week that we couldn’t kill. Honestly, I am leaning for Fifth to be a good eliminator. Anyway, now to our daily preaching.

Come, children.

I am not an old god, nor a particularly skilled one. But I have one, crucial skill that you should acknowledge, one true feature that warrants my worship.

I have 5 words in my name.

I know. You’re shaking. Trembling, even. Quivering, quaking in fear. Or is that awe? This power can be yours, too. All it takes is a little pledge of allegience. Kidpen swore to serve me, and now look at him! He is enlightened, and has an existential crisis. And that too, the gift of doubting yourself so much you cease to exist, can also be your blessing, a gift to you from me.

Praise the new gods.

VotePray Itiah

35 minutes ago, Adavantos said:

Hm. There's no doubt in my mind that Devotary (Vodiyehi) self-targeted. But I'm not sure that would result in you being told they're an Eliminator. I also doubt Temptation chose you of all people N1 to mess with. So the only other explanation would be a villager manipulated your target, for some reason.

I'm apprehensive.

Rath's explanation makes a lot of sense. If Vodiyehi self-protected (which we can infer from CadCom's failed attack) then no ability would be effective against her. I initially thought that would result in a failed action, but what if it meant scans would show village?

I'd still like to try verifying the claim though, which should be fairly easy. @|247|-|, do you feel comfortable sharing what your scan includes?

Edit: Sorry if some of that doesn't make sense. I'm running on almost 24 hrs without more than a nap.

Edited by Elandera

27 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

I find this too much of a gambit to be an spambot, and too much of a claim. So I believe this for now, I was actually just going to ask you why you tried to get Crimsn cleared last Week but you already posted. So, with 3 spambots dead I would say that’s pretty good. How many spambots do we think there are? Maybe I’d wager two of nobody else has any ideas?

Everybody’s claiming roles, it kind of makes me feel left out ;-;

Anyway, who are the targets we’re requesting for the vigilante to kill? Who was a suspicion we had last Week that we couldn’t kill. Honestly, I am leaning for Fifth to be a good eliminator. Anyway, now to our daily preaching.

I wish I could be so easily convinced :unsure: I spilled the beans on the naming scheme of villager roles to ensure that Devotary died. From that point forward, I can't really take anything like this too seriously. If not for the fact that I happened to follow Fifth on N1 and found out that he didn't put in an action, I probably wouldn't buy his Roleplayer claim. (Yes this is the player I pointed out in my code to Mailliw, Rand and CC, and yes, this is why I wasn't being swayed by the arguments against Fifth early on last cycle). Thanks to CadCom we know Devotary self-targeted, "Guest" was already dead by N1, and Rath was probably too inactive to put in an order at all, not to mention if he could put in an order, he would surely use his Temptation ability. So unless the Spammers are a lot bigger than I'm anticipating, Fifth would have ended up using an action of some kind N1 if he was evil. I'm not so certain that Babaji hasn't used their conversion yet. There are plenty of good targets (like Araris and Alv) that weren't really "in the know" N1, as far as I'm aware.

I think we're looking at an original team of:

1. Roleless
  2. Temptation
  3. Vodiyehi
  4. Babaji
  5. Beirst or Vashikaran

More than likely, slot #5 put in the Jon kill, and will do so again tonight unless someone was converted N1, in which case we got three more.

Anyway, back to my original point. I'm really wary of Rath's claim. I'm getting "cover my six" vibes to make up for his aggressive defense of a now-known Spammer, especially since he's saying his role only had a N1 scan?

As for the Vigilante... they might be upset for me saying this, but the exact flavor is Contribution Crusader. They can only kill people who post less than 5 times the previous day, so the pool of options is very small. I've already combed through D2 and found out who they were. I don't suspect any of them are Spammers, so probably best to leave them be. Whether or not they decide to kill though... that's entirely up to them.

Edited by Adavantos

45 minutes ago, Adavantos said:

I'm apprehensive.

Well, since it could happen regardless of whether I'm killed...tonight I get to kill someone if I want.  At this point, I don't know if I have a good target.

10 minutes ago, Elandera said:

Rath's explanation makes a lot of sense. If Vodiyehi self-protected (which we can infer from CadCom's failed attack) then no ability would be effective against her. I initially thought that would result in a failed action, but what if it meant scans would show village?

I'd still like to try verifying the claim though, which should be fairly easy. @|247|-|, do you feel comfortable sharing what your scan includes?

Edit: Sorry if some of that doesn't make sense. I'm running on almost 24 hrs without more than a nap.

I was only returned the alignment, nothing else.

12 minutes ago, Adavantos said:

I wish I could be so easily convinced :unsure: I spilled the beans on the naming scheme of villager roles to ensure that Devotary died. From that point forward, I can't really take anything like this too seriously. If not for the fact that I happened to follow Fifth on N1 and found out that he didn't put in an action, I probably wouldn't buy his Roleplayer claim. (Yes this is the player I pointed out in my code to Mailliw, Rand and CC, and yes, this is why I wasn't being swayed by the arguments against Fifth early on last cycle). Thanks to CadCom we know Devotary self-targeted, "Guest" was already dead by N1, and Rath was probably too inactive to put in an order at all, not to mention if he could put in an order, he would surely use his Temptation ability. So unless the Spammers are a lot bigger than I'm anticipating, Fifth would have ended up using an action of some kind N1 if he was evil. I'm not so certain that Babaji hasn't used their conversion yet. There are plenty of good targets (like Araris and Alv) that weren't really "in the know" N1, as far as I'm aware.

I think we're looking at an original team of:

1. Roleless
  2. Temptation
  3. Vodiyehi
  4. Babaji
  5. Beirst or Vashikaran

More than likely, slot #5 put in the Jon kill, and will do so again tonight unless someone was converted N1, in which case we got three more.

Anyway, back to my original point. I'm really wary of Rath's claim. I'm getting "cover my six" vibes to make up for his aggressive defense of a now-known Spammer, especially since he's saying his role only had a N1 scan?

As for the Vigilante... they might be upset for me saying this, but the exact flavor is Contribution Crusader. They can only kill people who post less than 5 times the previous day, so the pool of options is very small. I've already combed through D2 and found out who they were. I don't suspect any of them are Spammers, so probably best to leave them be. Whether or not they decide to kill though... that's entirely up to them.

I'm assuming you mean Road, not Rath in your first comment about Temptation...

Also, you're putting words in my mouth.  I only said I had a N1 scan, I didn't say that was the only thing I was given (see above).

Just now, |247|-| said:

Well, since it could happen regardless of whether I'm killed...tonight I get to kill someone if I want.  At this point, I don't know if I have a good target.

I was only returned the alignment, nothing else.

I'm assuming you mean Road, not Rath in your first comment about Temptation...

Also, you're putting words in my mouth.  I only said I had a N1 scan, I didn't say that was the only thing I was given (see above).

Yeah, sorry. Meant Road. Also didn't mean to put words in your mouth -_- just misinterpreted your statement. My bad.

On that note, this is actually pretty easily provable. I recommend putting an order in on someone and posting it in thread right before turnover. So long as there's a Spammer ban that occurs too, you should be good. Honestly we have a ridiculous number of semi-cleared players right now, so it shouldn't be too hard to narrow things down.

I think I'll do a roleclaim as people are currently doing. I'll leave the flavor of the role as a surprise, for now.

My wincon is distinct from that of the rest of the villagers or the spambots. I win with the village, but only if my other win condition is met.

My only ability is to convert people to join my wincon. This means that their alignment and other roles don't change, but they also need to have my wincon met to win the game.

5 minutes ago, Mailliw772 said:

I think I'll do a roleclaim as people are currently doing. I'll leave the flavor of the role as a surprise, for now.

My wincon is distinct from that of the rest of the villagers or the spambots. I win with the village, but only if my other win condition is met.

My only ability is to convert people to join my wincon. This means that their alignment and other roles don't change, but they also need to have my wincon met to win the game.

... not sure I like that too much. I assume it's somehow helpful to your second win con to convert people?

2 hours ago, |247|-| said:

Hmmm... Just Metacognition? Not Disciple of Metacognition or any similar variation?

I'm still skeptical. I feel like a villager didn't want to claim, they'd have come up with another excuse to be as overtly in supportive of Devotary as they were (or else just be more subtle about it). As an elim, it makes sense as a kind of double bluff - "An Eliminator would never be as overtly in support of Devotary as this post is, therefore I must be seen as a villager."

The other one I want to hear more from is @Kidpen. I already had for them after Day 1 (they imply they might vote on Roadwalker, but don't in case they won't be online to remove it, which I don't feel is a valid concern as a villager but makes perfect sense as a Spambot). This Week, they vote on CadCom over Devotary, and generally try to cast suspicion and doubt on CadCom's claim. In general, I find their behaviour to make much more sense from an Elim perspective. On top of that, they didn't post 5 times last cycle if I counted correctly, so I think they might be a good candidate for the vigilante.

And... Interesting, Maill. I'm inclined to believe this, since it's a fairly unprovoked claim to come from nowhere. Or rather, I'm inclined to believe you're a Neutral - your claim of Neutral-Village is possibly a lie in order to seem less threatening, but if that's the case, I can't fault you for that too much, and hopefully you'll be winning with the village either way. Do you mind answering whether your win con is achieved through your conversion ability somehow (either directly, indirectly, or not at all)?

EDIT: Of course the moment I call for more posting from Kidpen, he's posted just 5 minutes before me, and has asked the same question that I did.

Edited by Metabardnition