The Dragon Prince: Thoughts,

11 hours ago, Herowannabe said:

@JesterLavorre @Use the Falchion The sign-up thread is now up over at RPGgeek.com. If you're still interested then please pop on over and pick a character to get officially signed up. As I mentioned above, the adventure supports up to 6 players and seems to play better with more players rather than fewer, so if you know anyone else who might be interested then feel free to invite them. I'm going to wait a couple days and then post an invite on ToX's facebook page for anyone else who wants to play. :)

Waiting on the confirmation email, and then I'll be able to reply properly! 

4 hours ago, Condensation said:

Ooh... I would if I could, but I don't think I'll be able to. It looks awesome, though!

FYI it is a PBP (play by post) game, so the biggest time commitment you would have to make is a few minutes each day to read new posts and make one or two posts of your own. Just saying. ;)

2 hours ago, Herowannabe said:

FYI it is a PBP (play by post) game, so the biggest time commitment you would have to make is a few minutes each day to read new posts and make one or two posts of your own. Just saying. ;)

The problem is my computer. If I overload it (which isn't hard to do), it crashes.

On 2/12/2021 at 11:33 AM, Use the Falchion said:

Waiting on the confirmation email, and then I'll be able to reply properly! 

Any luck getting that confirmation email yet? I’m about to put out an invite on the ToX Facebook page, but I want to make sure you have first dibs on characters :)

2 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

I haven't. I'm going to try again today, but it's best if you start without me...sorry! 

Oh it will still be a few days at least before we get started, I just wanted to give you a chance to reserve a character before other people do, if you want. :)

32 minutes ago, Herowannabe said:

Oh it will still be a few days at least before we get started, I just wanted to give you a chance to reserve a character before other people do, if you want. :)

Still looking for players? ;) One of my D&D games is ending so I might be interested, depending on how much commitment you expect. (I see the bit about a post a day, just never done pbp outside of Storium before.)

7 hours ago, Kasimir said:

Still looking for players? ;) One of my D&D games is ending so I might be interested, depending on how much commitment you expect. (I see the bit about a post a day, just never done pbp outside of Storium before.)

Kas! Long time no see!

Sure, we’d be happy to have you aboard. Speaking from past experience, playing in a PBP RP game takes a fraction of the amount of time commitment it takes to play in Sanderson Elimination game, so I’m betting you’ll be just fine. B)

Just go here and follow the instructions to get officially signed up. 

4 minutes ago, Herowannabe said:

Kas! Long time no see!

Sure, we’d be happy to have you aboard. Speaking from past experience, playing in a PBP RP game takes a fraction of the amount of time commitment it takes to play in Sanderson Elimination game, so I’m betting you’ll be just fine. B)

Been a while, eh? :P

Ahhh, RP without needing to put up nasssty analysisesssss. Sounds just great to me! :P I'll head on over and follow the instructions. 

Hey everyone (and specifically: @Kasimir @JesterLavorre @Use the Falchion) in spreading the word for this game I stumbled across the CortexRPG Discord channel, which is actually set up to run PBP games and has a bot designed specifically for Cortex dice rolling (which is what ToX uses). I confess I’m not super familiar with discord- I have used it before but not much. However, what would you think of moving our game from the forum to Discord instead of RPGgeek? 

Personally, I am happy to do it either way, though I do see a few advantages to using discord:
For one, it already has a thriving community of Dragon Prince / ToX fans, while RPGgeek is... well... pretty dead, to be blunt. 
Second, as I mentioned, the Cortex dice bot is specifically designed for rolling dice. You can set it so that it automatically totals your two highest dice and then picks the best effect die out of the remaining dice. I’ve tested it out and it’s pretty slick
Third, I already know of at least one player who would want to join our group if we switched to Discord, but who isn’t interested in forum play. 

That said, if anyone is opposed to using Discord, then I don’t want to switch to it if doing so would mean losing any of you as players. #noplayerleftbehind

Thoughts?

Just now, Herowannabe said:

Hey everyone (and specifically: @Kasimir @JesterLavorre @Use the Falchion) in spreading the word for this game I stumbled across the CortexRPG Discord channel, which is actually set up to run PBP games and has a bot designed specifically for Cortex dice rolling (which is what ToX uses). I confess I’m not super familiar with discord- I have used it before but not much. However, what would you think of moving our game from the forum to Discord instead of RPGgeek? 

Personally, I am happy to do it either way, though I do see a few advantages to using discord:
For one, it already has a thriving community of Dragon Prince / ToX fans, while RPGgeek is... well... pretty dead, to be blunt. 
Second, as I mentioned, the Cortex dice bot is specifically designed for rolling dice. You can set it so that it automatically totals your two highest dice and then picks the best effect die out of the remaining dice. I’ve tested it out and it’s pretty slick
Third, I already know of at least one player who would want to join our group if we switched to Discord, but who isn’t interested in forum play. 

That said, if anyone is opposed to using Discord, then I don’t want to switch to it if doing so would mean losing any of you as players. #noplayerleftbehind

Thoughts?

I'm fine with Discord if we aren't using voice chat. It's a personal problem but I just have a great deal of difficulty focusing on pure audio, which has given me lots of grief throughout my university days. I'd say I'm more likely to respond swiftly on Discord too :P 

53 minutes ago, Herowannabe said:

Thoughts?

I’d be up for this. I’m not super experience with discord either, but I know the basics.

4 hours ago, Herowannabe said:

Thoughts?

I'm fine with the switch!

4 hours ago, Kasimir said:

I'm fine with Discord if we aren't using voice chat. It's a personal problem but I just have a great deal of difficulty focusing on pure audio, which has given me lots of grief throughout my university days. I'd say I'm more likely to respond swiftly on Discord too :P 

Oh yeah, definitely text only for this game, I should have mentioned that earlier. 

3 hours ago, JesterLavorre said:

I’d be up for this. I’m not super experience with discord either, but I know the basics.

25 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

I'm fine with the switch!

Okay cool, it’s official then. I’ll get a server set up for us and send out invites soon. Also, FYI I’m planning on getting this started sometime this weekend (So @Use the Falchion, if you still want in then you better hurry! ;) There are only 2 slots still open)

2 minutes ago, Herowannabe said:

Oh yeah, definitely text only for this game, I should have mentioned that earlier. 

Okay cool, it’s official then. I’ll get a server set up for us and send out invites soon. Also, FYI I’m planning on getting this started sometime this weekend (So @Use the Falchion, if you still want in then you better hurry! ;) There are only 2 slots still open)

Need us to PM you Discord usernames? Otherwise I'm on the 17S and SE Discords, so if you're on either, shouldn't be hard to find me :P I'll shut down the RPGgeek account if it's not being used - I don't like leaving accounts all over the place ;) 

6 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Need us to PM you Discord usernames? Otherwise I'm on the 17S and SE Discords, so if you're on either, shouldn't be hard to find me :P I'll shut down the RPGgeek account if it's not being used - I don't like leaving accounts all over the place ;) 

Sure, or you can PM me in discord or add me as a friend and then I’ll respond with the invite. My username is Herowannabe#8665

3 hours ago, Herowannabe said:

@Use the Falchion make that one spot left. Vinaya is the last character available if you still want in. 

So I just got some news about a test I need to take, and due to that and everything that's happening in Texas I'm actually going to have to pass. (Assuming that last spot wasn't taken lol!) I'm really sorry about this, but I know you'll have an awesome campaign! 

1 hour ago, Use the Falchion said:

So I just got some news about a test I need to take, and due to that and everything that's happening in Texas I'm actually going to have to pass. (Assuming that last spot wasn't taken lol!) I'm really sorry about this, but I know you'll have an awesome campaign! 

No worries, thanks for letting us know. Good luck with your test and with the rolling blackout situation! 

Once things settle down if you decide you’d still like to play let us know- there’s a good chance we’ll be able to let you take over for someone else who needs to step down. Such is the nature of PBP games. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I just finished watching the show for the first time and it was amazing. I love all of the characters, especially Aaravos, even though he's basically a living ulterior motive and he'll probably be the final villain. He's just so mysterious and looks so awesome and beautiful.

On 3/9/2021 at 0:50 AM, Flyingbooks said:

I just finished watching the show for the first time and it was amazing. I love all of the characters, especially Aaravos, even though he's basically a living ulterior motive and he'll probably be the final villain. He's just so mysterious and looks so awesome and beautiful.

Right? I can’t wait to find out how and why he was imprisoned. 

For those of you who are into board games, Brotherwise Games (the guys who also happened to do the recent Call to Adventure: Stormlight Archive game) just announced that they are releasing a Dragon Prince Boardgame this fall! :D

https://www.brotherwisegames.com/thedragonprince?fbclid=IwAR1M3voMioWxxAsr9aj1w6LZNwZkoxR9z6ay3vRaOeegTalvRyN1ADkNOXw