What do you put on waffles?

Waffle Toppings  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What do YOU put?

• Syrup
    • Jam/jelly and or whip cream in some form
    • Spikes

Always butter. Sometimes chocolate chips or blueberries. If I use syrup, it has to be a good maple syrup. 

That's just my preference, though, you could put a lot of things on waffles like bacon, eggs other savory and salty items...or, you could go sweet with fruit and even ice cream! It's very versatile. You just have to use some common sense and not add things that don't go well together... like eggs and ice cream!

We have tradition of waffle eating in my family, where we make the same family recipe every reunion, and on other special occasions. This tradition includes putting ice cream on said waffles. An excellent combination is vanilla ice cream and fresh berries.

Lately I've been going crazy with my syrup experiments. I hate maple syrup with a vengeance. Sooo I went on a quest to find a different syrup I can stomach.

Orange syrup so far tops the list. I eat this with a small scoop of butter and fruit slices on the side. Really plain, except that orange syrup gives it that amazing kick.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...