The Newcago Court

Quiver

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Princess Delightful swoops in, flying, long skirts fluttering and she lands in a crouch. A plate piled high with frosted doughnuts are held expertly balanced in her left hand.

"Welcome Brightness!"

She turns around and sighs. "I've missed this place. Dear sister, honoured queen, where are you?"

Edited by Delightful

Queen Elsa turns towards both Brightness and Princess Delightful. "Dear sister, I am right here!" Elsa says, pulling her sister into a tight hug and refuses to let go for at least four minutes. She then turns to Brightness Random, pulling out a box of Santa hats made of ice. "A holiday party sounds wonderful. SOMEONE GET THE CHOCOLATE!"

Edited by Queen Elsa Steelheart

Brightness smiled at the sisters while they reunited. "Thank you for the warm welcome, princess Delightful. May I have a donut?"

Easily distracted as ever, she then turned to the queen. "Those hats look amazing, your grace!" Brightness delcared, immediately swapping hers out for one. After carefully putting in place, she pulled out several mugs. "How about some hot chocolate? The Root Beer Bar's not been terribly busy recently, so I have plenty of mugs to spare."

"Why, thank you!" Elsa chuckled, putting a hat on top of her head. "I would love for some hot chocolate!" The Queen smiled, gently clinking her mug with her sister's and Brightness's as the huge selection of chocolate-themed food was carried out the kitchen.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Queen Elsa's face lit up as she saw Winter enter the court. "Welcome back Winter!" She said with a smile. "You haven't missed much, but a new party will be hosted in the court soon. How have you been? Would you like some hot chocolate?" Queen Elsa said, noticing how exhausted Winter looked.

• 5 weeks later...
On 30 May 2016 at 7:25 AM, winter devotion said:

Winter sat down, her weary feet letting out an immediate feeling of release. She dismissed her Sharddagger and felt a source of tension vanish. Her body rippled, shifting in a way that would probably make Elsa feel dizzy. 

"Welcome back, Winter!" she called. "You haven't missed much, but a new party will be hosted in court soon. How have you been? Would you like some hot chocolate?" 

"I need gold, some in allomancer form and some in a metalmind," she said. She touched her spikes, covered in dust. Those would need polishing if there was going to be a party. 

She laughed inside at her priorities. Polishing her spikes was less of a concern than making it so she wouldn't die from exhaustion. All of her spikes were still inside of her, although there was that close encounter at the river when the spike through her heart had almost been broken. Instead, it had just been chipped.

Her spikes were fine. 

It was her metalbands she'd lost. Years of storage, ages of compounding... wasted. She hadn't realized how raggedy she was without her metals. She was, of course, highly dangerous just as a wolf, but she was mortal. She'd almost forgotten that. 

She shifted back and forth between her forms. It kept her relatively unformed and her blood kept changing where it was positioned, so it was easier to avoid bleeding out. 

Queen Elsa nodded and clapped her hands as servants began to approach Winter with various supplies.

"Are these fine for you?" She asked Winter with a smile.

• 2 weeks later...

With the thunder of galloping hooves, Elenion's horse burst into the hall, eliciting shouts of surprise from those near the door as they dove to avoid being trampled. Elenion dismounted, blue cloak billowing behind him as it caught a chill breeze. "Well this is quite a singular place," Elenion said while surveying the hall, "but not where I was trying to go. Can someone please give me directions to the city of Minas Tirith? I'll admit that I'm thoroughly lost."

"Minas Tirith?"

The voice floated down from above as the Princess Delightful descended a sweeping staircase into the entrance hall. 

"My you are a long way away. Come, you must stay awhile and enjoy our hospitality. It's far too cold outside to get there now, the passes will be frozen over."

she paused, eyes briefly narrowing in suspicion. "What did you say your name was?"

Queen Elsa smiled as she noticed the woman and her sister enter the hall.

"Hello Princess Delightful!" The Queen smiled while pulling her sister into a hug. She turned to Elenion how was still on her horse. 

"Welcome to the Newcago Court! We haven't had many guests here for a while. Would you be interested in a snow cone or chocolate?"

6 hours ago, Delightful said:

"Minas Tirith?"

The voice floated down from above as the Princess Delightful descended a sweeping staircase into the entrance hall. 

"My you are a long way away. Come, you must stay awhile and enjoy our hospitality. It's far too cold outside to get there now, the passes will be frozen over."

she paused, eyes briefly narrowing in suspicion. "What did you say your name was?"

Queen Elsa smiled as she noticed the woman and her sister enter the hall.

"Hello Princess Delightful!" The Queen smiled while pulling her sister into a hug. She turned to Elenion how was still on her horse. 

"Welcome to the Newcago Court! We haven't had many guests here for a while. Would you be interested in a snow cone or chocolate?"

17 hours ago, Delightful said:

"Minas Tirith?"

"My name is Elenion, and I have spent many years away in the East. Too many, it appears, for I have no memory of this place. I appreciate your hospitality and offer of rest, but I cannot remain here for long. There is a dark power that follows me, a power that should not be allowed to discover a place as fair as this."

4 hours ago, Elenion said:

"My name is Elenion, and I have spent many years away in the East. Too many, it appears, for I have no memory of this place. I appreciate your hospitality and offer of rest, but I cannot remain here for long. There is a dark power that follows me, a power that should not be allowed to discover a place as fair as this."

"And what is this dark power that you speak of?"

9 minutes ago, Queen Elsa Steelheart said:

"And what is this dark power that you speak of?"

"It is a shadow, without form or substance. A terror without name, a darkness without shape. It has been many years since I have felt its presence. I believe it is the I have been summoned to the White Council."