The Newcago Court

Quiver

Here is a description from Archive of our Own:

A group of outcasts come together in Sydney to try to pull off some of the most daring heists in the this side of the equator, and all under the shadow of the Sydney Shatterdome. With a new Marshal in charge, set on cleaning up the territory, and a strange new sect of Kaiju cultists on the rise, this unlikely set of companions must face the odds if they're going to succeed!

I recommend checking out FeatherWriter's blog to read it. It's really darned good.

Hah! Then you must nab, er, order, some more, at a discount of course, for introducing it to others.

--

Hello, Queen of the icy Newcago Court. Have you come to visit the waffle kitchen for more tea? Today, we have the Queen's Special: Buttermilk Corn Waffle with Blackberry Syrup sprinkled with cinnamon and confectioner's sugar, served with Four Red Fruits tea.

Oooh Yes please! It sounds wonderful!

Here is a description from Archive of our Own:

A group of outcasts come together in Sydney to try to pull off some of the most daring heists in the this side of the equator, and all under the shadow of the Sydney Shatterdome. With a new Marshal in charge, set on cleaning up the territory, and a strange new sect of Kaiju cultists on the rise, this unlikely set of companions must face the odds if they're going to succeed!

I recommend checking out FeatherWriter's blog to read it. It's really darned good.

Hah! Then you must nab, er, order, some more, at a discount of course, for introducing it to others.

--

Hello, Queen of the icy Newcago Court. Have you come to visit the waffle kitchen for more tea? Today, we have the Queen's Special: Buttermilk Corn Waffle with Blackberry Syrup sprinkled with cinnamon and confectioner's sugar, served with Four Red Fruits tea.

Hello! :)

Where is the waffle kitchen?

Hello! :)

Where is the waffle kitchen?

Ahem, Ashiok, bring in the Wafflerasium. A sprinkle of of that magical substance should bring additional awesomeness to the recipe.

The waffle kitchens, are everywhere. They are found under every kingdom, with its subterranean ovens and indoor berry gardens. 

In your icy castle, it is just outside, since the heat from our cooking can literally "bring the house down".

Ahem, Ashiok, bring in the Wafflerasium. A sprinkle of of that magical substance should bring additional awesomeness to the recipe.

The waffle kitchens, are everywhere. They are found under every kingdom, with its subterranean ovens and indoor berry gardens.

In your icy castle, it is just outside, since the heat from our cooking can literally "bring the house down".

Excellent. I'll have the Queen's Special please. And is there a princess special for Princess Delightful?

Thank you

Edited by Elsa Steelheart

The dor* bursts open letting the howling wind, smelling of steel dust and carrying snowflakes, swish through the room. With the doors open all of the people are forced to pay attention to the latecomer. He strides in, nods to FeatherWriter- whishpering something that sounds suspiciously like Renarin- winks and asks Matrim how married life is, gives Quiver a knowing look, ignores the little flaming ewok, and then bows deeply to Princess Delightful.

"Wasing apologizing of the lateness, Princess"

Realizing that the draft is blowing all the refreshments away, the latecomer snaps his fingers, and the doors dance close.

"Hello Elsa, I bring news. As a follower of princess Delightful I also serve you. My power is immense as I am both a Lurker and a Scholar. I have decided that at last I must join a side, or be left sideless- which is a fate far worse than Witless- so I have come to swear my feality to you through the Lady Delightful."

*Dor, Yes I'm a participant in cosmere puns. B)

Excellent. I'll have the Queen's Special please. And is there a princess special for Princess Delightful?

Thank you

Thank you, Queen Elsa. Will you please pose here for a second so we can take a photograph of you with the Queen's Special? We do looove our endorsements!

Of course. We have the Princess Delight: strawberry, vanilla and chocolate ice cream sandwiched one after the other in three layers of Belgian waffles and drizzled with a generous amount of chocolate syrup. 

"Princess Delightful, wasing the wanting of the eating of this?"

--

And thank you, Leftinch for closing the door. For a moment there, we thought our refreshments were done for!

Your welcome Mss. Marry, as soon as I saw what was happening I let it continue for a couple of minutes for laughs and then I fixed it. I would have cut out the laughs but Princess Delightful seemed to enjoy the airing out of the room.

Thank you, Queen Elsa. Will you please pose here for a second so we can take a photograph of you with the Queen's Special? We do looove our endorsements!

Of course. We have the Princess Delight: strawberry, vanilla and chocolate ice cream sandwiched one after the other in three layers of Belgian waffles and drizzled with a generous amount of chocolate syrup.

"Princess Delightful, wasing the wanting of the eating of this?"

--

And thank you, Leftinch for closing the door. For a moment there, we thought our refreshments were done for!

Of course I will pose. Would you like a photo with the princess holding her special too?

She would love the princess special, thank you.

It all looks delicious.

The dor* bursts open letting the howling wind, smelling of steel dust and carrying snowflakes, swish through the room. With the doors open all of the people are forced to pay attention to the latecomer. He strides in, nods to FeatherWriter- whishpering something that sounds suspiciously like Renarin- winks and asks Matrim how married life is, gives Quiver a knowing look, ignores the little flaming ewok, and then bows deeply to Princess Delightful.

"Wasing apologizing of the lateness, Princess"

Realizing that the draft is blowing all the refreshments away, the latecomer snaps his fingers, and the doors dance close.

"Hello Elsa, I bring news. As a follower of princess Delightful I also serve you. My power is immense as I am both a Lurker and a Scholar. I have decided that at last I must join a side, or be left sideless- which is a fate far worse than Witless- so I have come to swear my feality to you through the Lady Delightful."

*Dor, Yes I'm a participant in cosmere puns. B)

You wish to become to serve me? Do you wish to become a knight?

Princess Delightful smiles graciously.

Leftinch, wasing the honoured of the fealty. Of the rising, and henceforth of the being First Knight and Scholar of the Lady Delightful.

Quitecontrary, those waffles are of the deliciousness! Hasing them of my Endowment!

hooray Cosmere Puns!

Leftinch, wasing the honoured of the fealty. Of the rising, and henceforth of the being First Knight and Scholar of the Lady Delightful.

Quitecontrary, those waffles are of the deliciousness! Hasing them of my Endowment!

hooray Cosmere Puns!

Most amazing waffles!

These waffles are fit for royalty :)

I will certainly have these again, right Princess?

Most amazing waffles!

These waffles are fit for royalty :)

I will certainly have these again, right Princess?

They are indeed delicious. However I am curious what else the Wafflesworn can come up with for us. May we consider hiring them for our exclusive catering? Especially since a certain Faerie Monarch feels he may eat whatever he likes from our rapidly diminishing stores of food. *ladylike cough*

Your Highnesses- congratulations! Thy messages have advanced the postage count of the Newcago Court beyond that of the Featherclan!

Now, thy supremacy is truly indisputable!

Edited by Quiver

Your Highnesses- congratulations! Thy messages have advanced the postage count of the Newcago Court beyond that of the Featherclan!

Indeed, especially when wasing comparing months to mere days.

*flicks long brown hair*

Wasing of us of superior, but notting of the arrogant. Everyone good and kind of the welcoming here.

*links arms with Elsa*

Nothing the turning away of anyone in need, because wasing us of the distinguished Newcargo court.

Quiver, you are most kind. You may order in waffles on the palace, if of the wanting.

Edited by Delightful

We advanced the feather clan in 3 days?

That's unbelievable!

The feather clan has been going for months!

Ah, princess Delightful. Thy mastery of linguistics is unparalleled, even by thy sister. Truly, we doubt if any in the lands could matcha thy skill and ability to switch between High Imperial and the lesser tongues.

(I'm about 90% sure I started the Featherclan name lol. I finally have influence!)

Ah, princess Delightful. Thy mastery of linguistics is unparalleled, even by thy sister. Truly, we doubt if any in the lands could matcha thy skill and ability to switch between High Imperial and the lesser tongues.

(I'm about 90% sure I started the Featherclan name lol. I finally have influence!)

What's lesser tongues and high imperial?

We have advance the lady feather, in only three days. I thought it would take us months

You wish to become to serve me? Do you wish to become a knight?

My Ladies, I thank thee. Queen Elsa, my vast stores of Investure are available to you.

Wasing the appreciating of the ranking Delightful Princess.

They are indeed delicious. However I am curious what else the Wafflesworn can come up with for us. May we consider hiring them for our exclusive catering? Especially since a certain Faerie Monarch feels he may eat whatever he likes from our rapidly diminishing stores of food. *ladylike cough*

The Wafflesworn serve only the highest of the high, with food fit for Epics, Returned (Breaths of only those with talent), and royals alike.

Alas, the said Faerie Monarch has been sighted in some of our kitchens across the Cosmere. We are of generous hearts and can never refuse him a layer or two of our delicious concoctions.

We will be honored to be the exclusive provider of Newcago Court cuisine, Princess Delightful, Queen Elsa. Our contract will be sent to you separately which includes our rates and various requirements. 

*goes to the kitchen before the royals change their mind. a close is a close is a close.

hooray Cosmere Puns!

We are pleased you enjoy our waffles. We will feature your photo and endorsement in The Cosmere Cravings magazine. 

----

Quiver, we have devised a new recipe for you:

The Turncoat Waffle

A waffle made for the dual-natured heart. It is made with two different-flavored sides - one of chocolate, and the other of buttermilk.

Topped with a marbled choco vanilla ice cream, we have liberally sprinkled it with chocolate chips and shaved white chocolate.

*serves it with a fluorish

The Wafflesworn serve only the highest of the high, with food fit for Epics, Returned (Breaths of only those with talent), and royals alike.

Alas, the said Faerie Monarch has been sighted in some of our kitchens across the Cosmere. We are of generous hearts and can never refuse him a layer or two of our delicious concoctions.

We will be honored to be the exclusive provider of Newcago Court cuisine, Princess Delightful, Queen Elsa. Our contract will be sent to you separately which includes our rates and various requirements. 

*goes to the kitchen before the royals change their mind. a close is a close is a close.

We are pleased you enjoy our waffles. We will feature your photo and endorsement in The Cosmere Cravings magazine. 

----

Quiver, we have devised a new recipe for you:

The Turncoat Waffle

A waffle made for the dual-natured heart. It is made with two different-flavored sides - one of chocolate, and the other of buttermilk.

Topped with a marbled choco vanilla ice cream, we have liberally sprinkled it with chocolate chips and shaved white chocolate.

*serves it with a fluorish

We wouldn't change our minds anyway, your waffles are too good to go without.

What will you guys think of next ?

Who is the Faerie Monarch?

Ehhem. The Faerie Monarch is not currently listed in present cosmerelogical works Queen Elsa. I believe Mss. Mary is either making a rather poor joke, or, making a reference to some undisclosed work of literature.

Ehhem. The Faerie Monarch is not currently listed in present cosmerelogical works Queen Elsa. I believe Mss. Mary is either making a rather poor joke, or, making a reference to some undisclosed work of literature.

Considering the context in which Princess Delightful first spoke, speaking of Wafflesworn and the theft of culinary items, I would hazard to guess that the term "Faerie Monarch" refers to myself.

* lays out a tray of snowcones *

Here, my gift to the court. For quite some time I have been testing the quality of your snowcones, learning the intricacies of the flavor until I was skilled enough to craft my own. These are my solemn gift to the Newcago Court.