The Newcago Court

Quiver

Ehhem. The Faerie Monarch is not currently listed in present cosmerelogical works Queen Elsa. I believe Mss. Mary is either making a rather poor joke, or, making a reference to some undisclosed work of literature.

My apologies if I have offended. But Faerie Monarchs are a dime a dozen, and our waffles are known far and wide. We are bound to attract all sorts of unsavory creatures.

Considering the context in which Princess Delightful first spoke, speaking of Wafflesworn and the theft of culinary items, I would hazard to guess that the term "Faerie Monarch" refers to myself.

* lays out a tray of snowcones *

Here, my gift to the court. For quite some time I have been testing the quality of your snowcones, learning the intricacies of the flavor until I was skilled enough to craft my own. These are my solemn gift to the Newcago Court.

Oh, our dearest Highprince of Cutlery! Princess Delightful must not have been referring to you! That would have been a wicked train of thought. *grabs a snowcone*

These are positively delightful! We must name them The Ice Ko(ne)bold!

The Wafflesworn serve only the highest of the high, with food fit for Epics, Returned (Breaths of only those with talent), and royals alike.

Alas, the said Faerie Monarch has been sighted in some of our kitchens across the Cosmere. We are of generous hearts and can never refuse him a layer or two of our delicious concoctions.

We will be honored to be the exclusive provider of Newcago Court cuisine, Princess Delightful, Queen Elsa. Our contract will be sent to you separately which includes our rates and various requirements. 

what do you have for a lowly darkeyed two rivers man?

You're welcome.

How about some apple brandy to go with the cakes? Or would you like some apple cider instead? In this cold castle, Tam's casks come in handy, raided from his stores just before Bel Tine.

*scribbling swiftly to write the brand new Honeycake Waffle recipe*

Edited by quitecontrary

*Barges in swiftly*

Hang on there miss mary. I will be requiring a copy of that for the palace archives. Have it there by 4:30 or I'll publish it to the public and ruin the WaffleSworn.

*Barges in swiftly*

Hang on there miss mary. I will be requiring a copy of that for the palace archives. Have it there by 4:30 or I'll publish it to the public and ruin the WaffleSworn.

*gasp*

Think of what you're trying to ruin, Leftinch! Won't the loss of the gastronomic delights that we offer be too much for the Newcago Court to take?

Imagine living only on Kiwi!! That is an outrage I will not let happen.

"Scribes, get a copy of this to Master Leftinch. We would not want to err on the side of noncompliance."

*hands over the honeycake waffle recipe*

Master Ashiok, Highprince of Sugar, please hide the Wafflerasium. I believe it is too valuable to be leftinch unguarded.

You're welcome.

How about some apple brandy to go with the cakes? Or would you like some apple cider instead? In this cold castle, Tam's casks come in handy, raided from his stores just before Bel Tine.

*scribbling swiftly to write the brand new Honeycake Waffle recipe*

I would love some. Thank you.

And, let it be recorded that on the 24th of may lwd a.k.a. Lurrthemir 2.0, died from a panic attack caused by accidentally stabbing his liege in the back while on a different faction's thread.

Considering the context in which Princess Delightful first spoke, speaking of Wafflesworn and the theft of culinary items, I would hazard to guess that the term "Faerie Monarch" refers to myself.

* lays out a tray of snowcones *

Here, my gift to the court. For quite some time I have been testing the quality of your snowcones, learning the intricacies of the flavor until I was skilled enough to craft my own. These are my solemn gift to the Newcago Court.

Thank you.

What flavour did you make them?

The only flavor worth tasting, your majesty. The only flavor that will shield us from the storm that is coming.

And by that, I mean Chanarach Cherry.

I have not had that flavor before , but it sounds wonderful.

Is there a snow storm coming?

Edited by Elsa Steelheart

I have not had that flavor before , but it sounds wonderful.

Is there a snow storm coming?

Hmm... one seems to be coming down from the north. Ah well. I guess that means more snow for snowcones.

* begins constructing crude bunker in the center of court *

Hmm... one seems to be coming down from the north. Ah well. I guess that means more snow for snowcones.

* begins constructing crude bunker in the center of court *

Yes! :) Don't worry about the snowstorm, the cold never bothered me anyway...

These snowcones are amazing!

Ashiok... thy mention of Wafflerasium has piqued my interests and indeed, concern.

For if Wafflerasium is- as the name suggests- the physical aspect of Waffle, that would mean consumption of it should provide one with access to all of the Waffle Arts.

Art thou trying to convert our blessed court to thine own allegiance, by converting thine unwitting dinners into Waffleborn?!?