Hollow Knight Discussion Topic (+ Memes for funsies)

19 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Well I beat the game and got the first ending at 73%. I have not completed it yet. The hollow knight seemed really easy to me and not very hard at all. I never died while fighting him.

That’s good, because there are some way harder bosses out there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
39 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Floorless Markoth was definitely the hardest as in least fun to learn, but I think Abs Rad took me longer to do on Radiant.

I beat Markoth the first time by just damage tanking and then spamming abyss shriek with shaman stone. It was awful.

Did you just say you beat Abs Rad on radiant? That's crazy.

Edited by That1Cellist

12 minutes ago, That1Cellist said:

I beat Markoth the first time by just damage tanking and then spamming abyss shriek with shaman stone. It was awful.

Did you just say you beat Abs Rad on radiant? That's crazy.

Yeah, damage tanking is the easiest strategy for Markoth.

hardest boss i’ve beaten is NKG

thats a fun fight.

only thing i haven’t done in the game is the last few pantheons, and they’re such a grind that i’m hesitant to really go for it. I do want to get 112% eventually though.

Edited by dannnnnnex

Farthest I ever got was 108%. Had the last two Pantheons, NKG, and the Trial of the Fool left. Which was too bad, but tbh if there’s four percentages that are the hardest to get it’s those ones so I’m ok with that :P 

5 minutes ago, Nameless said:

What equipment do you have?

Coiled nail, lots of geo, monarch wings, mothwing cloak, shade dash, Isma's Tear, all upgraded spells except descending dark, a bunch of charms (Dashmaster, sprintmaster, shaman's stone, grubsong, quick focus, more I can't remember.) I'm probably missing something, so just ask.

1 minute ago, Rabbit Unmade said:

Coiled nail, lots of geo, monarch wings, mothwing cloak, shade dash, Isma's Tear, all upgraded spells except descending dark, a bunch of charms (Dashmaster, sprintmaster, shaman's stone, grubsong, quick focus, more I can't remember.) I'm probably missing something, so just ask.

Using dives can be useful, even without descending dark. you can get a void shriek in when they do jumps. In general, try to avoid healing while there's two watchers active, focus more on doing damage than healing.

8 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Farthest I ever got was 108%. Had the last two Pantheons, NKG, and the Trial of the Fool left. Which was too bad, but tbh if there’s four percentages that are the hardest to get it’s those ones so I’m ok with that :P 

Same, but I've done Trial of the Fool. I probably would have done NKG too, but I want to get all the unbreakable charms first.