The Glasses Group

• 4 weeks later...

I just got glasses this summer. Apparently I’m nearsighted, but I never knew because I thought it was normal to not see leaves on trees. Anyway the permit tester dude said I didn’t need them to drive but that I should have an eye appointment anyway because I was really close... and here I am now. A high schooler with bifocals :P (I feel like a grandma when I read (No offense to grandmas I love grandmas)) 

Edited by Hentient

Oh, hi guys!!! I have both glasses and contacts, I use contacts when I'm going swimming or I just don't feel like dealing with glasses sliding down my nose or if I want to have cute eye makeup that's easy to see. I used to hate my glasses, which is why I got contacts, but they're growing on me now. They are a lot simpler to deal with, but both contacts and glasses have their drawbacks.

On 7/15/2020 at 0:13 AM, Hentient said:

I just got glasses this summer. Apparently I’m nearsighted, but I never knew because I thought it was normal to not see leaves on trees. Anyway the permit tester dude said I didn’t need them to drive but that I should have an eye appointment anyway because I was really close... and here I am now. A high schooler with bifocals :P (I feel like a grandma when I read (No offense to grandmas I love grandmas)) 

You are both near and far sighted?

4 hours ago, The_Truthwatcher said:

You are both near and far sighted?

No, just nearsighted. But I’ll use them mostly for school, and my doctor didn’t want me to strain my eyes when I look at my paper (because she knew I wouldn’t take them off every time I looked down) and so she gave me a bifocal prescription (but the bifocal part is just clear glass).

Edited by Hentient

1 minute ago, Hentient said:

No, just nearsighted. But I’ll use them mostly for school, and my doctor didn’t want me to strain my eyes when I look at my paper (because she knew I wouldn’t take them off every time I looked down) and so she gave me a bifocal prescription (but the bifocal part is just clear glass).

Did that make sense? 

Yes, it did. 

Do contacts count? I switched to them over glasses about a year ago.

On 6/16/2020 at 7:45 PM, Lahilt said:

I think that WAYNE said in Shadows of Self "spectacles are like hats for smart people".B)

I could argue that since glasses are like hats for smart people, contacts are like a nice swath of hair gel... maybe?:huh: :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

I switched to contacts a few years ago, and now there's no going back, because of a) the edge warping, and b ) I can never feel fully awake with my glasses on. Also, contacts are much better for playing ultimate frisbee in, they don't get splashed or rained on, and you can wear sunglasses.

Edited by FriarFritz
Apparently b) is sunglasses fellow

• 3 weeks later...