Quick Fix Game 39: Corruption in the Senate 2: Allomantic Boogaloo

2 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Ark(4): Hael, Fura, Alv, Rae
Alv(3): Elbereth, Elandera, Striker
Rae(2): Drake, Ray
Wilson(1): Araris

Gaea(1): Fifth

I am extremely confused as to why this had to happen so close to rollover, but it certainly seems somebody and perhaps multiple people are willing to let this lynch go to a tie. There's not a lot of boxings to go around for the people lynched, so killing multiple people isn't likely to make anybody any richer. Perhaps I should stop adapting this part of the post to everything that's happening. Why is Ark being voted on all of a sudden? Is this about revenge for Burnt's death, or honest suspicion that Ark is evil?

I believe this is in part because Ark killed Burnt, who has been on hiatus for a long time on C1, and Hael and Alv are still upset about that.

1 minute ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

I am extremely confused as to why this had to happen so close to rollover, but it certainly seems somebody and perhaps multiple people are willing to let this lynch go to a tie. There's not a lot of boxings to go around for the people lynched, so killing multiple people isn't likely to make anybody any richer. Perhaps I should stop adapting this part of the post to everything that's happening. Why is Ark being voted on all of a sudden? Is this about revenge for Burnt's death, or honest suspicion that Ark is evil?

Normally I wouldn't be fine with this as there's no coinflip but if both Ark and I are lynched together, Joe can do an awesome write up where there's brawl in the Senate and both Ark and I are hauled off to continue out duel to the death in jail.

Sorry for the double post if 5 people haven't posted between this post and the last one - if Devotary's vote tally is right, then we need one of Hael, Fura, Alv and Rae to take their votes off Ark, of which @Haelbarde and @Arraenae are online right now, and at least one of @DrakeMarshmallow and @RayOfSunshine to take their votes off of Rae to avoid vote manipulation.

Alright, is this the vote tally?

Vote Tally
Gaea (1): Fifth, Elandera{1}
Rae (2): Drake, Striker{1}, Ray
Wilson (1): Araris, Alv{1}
Fura (0): Fura{1}, Elbereth{1}
Alv (4): Elandera{2}, Striker{2}, Elbereth{2}, Elandera{4}, Striker{4}, Bard
Shqueeves (0): Elandera{3}
RayOfSunshine (4): Hael, Fura{2}, Alv{2}, Striker{3}, Rae

Just now, Young Bard said:

Sorry for the double post if 5 people haven't posted between this post and the last one - if Devotary's vote tally is right, then we need one of Hael, Fura, Alv and Rae to take their votes off Ark, of which @Haelbarde and @Arraenae are online right now, and at least one of @DrakeMarshmallow and @RayOfSunshine to take their votes off of Rae to avoid vote manipulation.

Rip, all of that and you got like quadruple ninja’d. XD

Vote Tally
Alvron (4): Elandera, Elbereth, StrikerEZ, Young Bard
Ark1002 (3): Alvron, Arraenae, Furamirionind
Arraenae (2): DrakeMarshmallow, RayOfSunshine
xxGaea (1): Fifth Scholar
little wilson (1): Araris Valerian

Yeah, this last second storm of voting just feels crazy and I think probably you are all elims :P

7 minutes ago, Young Bard said:

@Alvron and @DrakeMarshmallow, I don't suppose you could retract your votes so we could kill Alv without having a ton of votes on him, thereby making his alignment flip useless?

I'm not really seeing any reason to lynch Alvron, so no can do.

Also, why would Alvron retract a vote that makes it easier for him to be killed? :P

Edited by DrakeMarshmallow
refreshed vote tally

Just now, StrikerEZ said:

Rip, all of that and you got like quadruple ninja’d. XD

I know - at this pace I just post and then immediately start typing again, since I know *someone* will have posted between my previous post and the next one. :P It's been a while since I've seen a game be this insane more than half an hour before rollover.

I can take a vote of Ray

Vote Tally
Alv (4): Elandera{2}, Striker{2}, Elbereth{2}, Elandera{4}, Striker{4}, Bard
RayOfSunshine (3): Hael{1}, Fura{2}, Alv{2}, Striker{3}, Rae

@Young Bard You're up.

Edited by Haelbarde

2 minutes ago, Young Bard said:

I'll do a quick read-through of Alv's posts and decide whether I'm switching my vote or not.

I know - at this pace I just post and then immediately start typing again, since I know *someone* will have posted between my previous post and the next one. :P It's been a while since I've seen a game be this insane more than half an hour before rollover.

Honestly, I’ve stopped caring about who votes where at this point because it’ll all probably change by the time I’m done posting this. :P

Alv.

2 minutes ago, DrakeMarshmallow said:

Also, why would Alvron retract a vote that makes it easier for him to be killed? :P

Out of the goodness of his cold, black heart? That post is ten minutes old now, though, so largely redundant anyway. :P

I'd vote, but I'm so very lost. What is even going on? 

Spoiler

@Furamirionind I'd respond to this

"Pff, surely even you know this man is an elected official," Ninoirim scoffed, " and not Senator Senator, the man who everyone confuses as a senator?" ( @Shqueeves )

if i had any skill in rp, probably along the lines of how i did get elected because nobody dared run against such a powerful name

I won't be on basically at all next cycle, apologies in advance

@Haelbarde, I'm not seeing an actual retraction there. A 3-3 tie, as opposed to a 4-4 tie, between Ark and Alv does limit the possibility of an incorrect alignment flip, but also opens up bribery options.

Sorry - RayOfSunshine.

Vote Tally
Alv (3): Elandera{2}, Striker{2}, Elbereth{2}, Elandera{4}, Striker{4}, Bard{1}
RayOfSunshine (3): Hael{1}, Fura{2}, Alv{2}, Striker{3}, Rae

RayOfSunshine (3): Fura, Alv, Rae
Alv (3): Elbereth, Elandera, Striker
Rae (2): Drake, Ray
Wilson (1): Araris
Gaea (1): Fifth

Wait, Hael didn't retract their vote - I'm assuming you will in a moment, so I'll leave my vote off Alv.

As for bribery, this is where I wanted a vote off of Rae, but that looks unlikely to happen, unfortunately. I'm mildly suspicious of @DrakeMarshmallow, seeing as a lynch on Alv seems fairly likely at this point, and so objecting is only serving to make it more likely that either Alv and Ark's alignment flips wrong, or else that a vote manipulation occurs to move the lynch onto Rae.

2 minutes ago, Shqueeves said:

I'd vote, but I'm so very lost. What is even going on? 

Reveal hidden contents

@Furamirionind I'd respond to this

if i had any skill in rp, probably along the lines of how i did get elected because nobody dared run against such a powerful name

I won't be on basically at all next cycle, apologies in advance

Welcome!  As you can see, there's another 6 pages for you to go through again.  Aren't you glad you decided to play with us. :P 

After the game, this moment at the end of Turn 3 is going to be hilarious to read through, I suspect (assuming there's at least one Eliminator online, which seems likely).

...Who thinks that this comment will be analysed to oblivion in later cycles? Place your bets now, people.

Also, I find it hilarious that Elandera has been reading the thread for the last while without posting - I'd call them out for lurking, but I have a strong suspicion that we're producing content as fast as they're reading it. :P

2 minutes ago, Young Bard said:

Also, I find it hilarious that Elandera has been reading the thread for the last while without posting - I'd call them out for lurking, but I have a strong suspicion that we're producing content as fast as they're reading it. :P

Elandera has been offline for 23 minutes.  They aren't lurking. :P 

After the game, this moment at the end of Turn 3 is going to be hilarious to read through, I suspect (assuming there's at least one Eliminator online, which seems likely).

...Who thinks that this comment will be analysed to oblivion in later cycles? Place your bets now, people.

Bard is obviously an elims!!!

Well, in all seriousness, if Alv and Ark both flip village, I'm going to be a bit embarrassed, as I literally turned this lynch on it's head. After Joe get's over his annoyance at how hard I made his job, I am certain this will be hilarious. : )

edit: :sob: just saw I have 1003 posts.

Congrats @Alvron you got me there too : P

Edited by Furamirionind

Elandera probably left the tab open on her computer or something, so it shows she’s been on recently when she really hasn’t. 

Also, looks like there haven’t been many posts since my last one...I say as I get ninja’d by Fura. 

Please stop double posting people.  You think you're having trouble keeping up, I gotta merge all those doubles which refreshes my page making it harder for me to see new posts. :P 

8 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

@DrakeMarshmallow would you mind taking your vote off Rae?

Kind of, yeah. I don't like any of the other lynches, and I will take responsibility if somebody bribes the vote on Rae and they end up being innocent.

6 minutes ago, Young Bard said:

Why wait for later cycles? We have 3 more pages to write in the last 20 minutes if we want to hit double digits!

I find this post highly suspicious and think we better put Bard in the tied vote just to be safe.

3 minutes ago, Alvron said:

Elandera has been offline for 23 minutes.  They aren't lurking. :P 

...Huh. They're marked under the 'recently browsing' section at the bottom of the page, which I was going off of - I didn't realise that was out of date, seeing as the names were still changing across time. That's weird. Just when I think I've figured out how the site and "Who's Online" functions work, too.

Anyway, things are slowing down enough that I want to go back through and read things properly now. 

And sorry Alv... I promise it won't happen again. *pouts*