Trails of Cold Steel (and the Kiseki series in general)

Zurvanight

9 hours ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

I'm in the Fragments chapter of CS4 and....

Hide contents

I WAS JOKING WHEN I SAID CELINE WOULD BECOME HUMAN! I WAS JOKING WHEN I SAID SHE WOULD BE A PARTY MEMBER! AAAAAAAAA

Spoiler

Make sure to do her bonding event in Act 2 as you will get something for her. 

20 hours ago, Weltall said:

Sean Chiplock's been big on this sort of thing ever since CS1's release, doing clips of unvoiced lines on request as well as things people have handed him. He even ran with that silly Rean Coldsteel meme. And he's voiced a bunch of Memories of Celceta characters plus Hummel from Ys VIII for other Falcom properties. And his recent reaction to trying out the Age of Calamity demo and finding out that his character isn't in it was great. So yeah, cool guy all around. xD

I love the guy so much. I remember a video where he parodied South Parks Canada voice because the tomato enemies in CS had mouths like the Canadians lol. I also learned that he voiced Diluc in Genshin Impact, but I play that with Japanese audio only so I didn't realize lol.

Edited by Zurvanite

As usual, the rule of thumb is that if you're still getting good experience from random encounters, keep doing them. Once it gets to the point that you have to grind for levels, you're at the point the game expects you to be at and it's time to advance the plot. It holds true for pretty much every Falcom game since they've been doing the weighted experience thing for a long time now. Except in Zwei, with its food-based leveling anyways.

Oh, since I missed this earlier...

On 10/31/2020 at 3:46 PM, Briar King said:

CS2 Act 1 stuff

Hide contents

So another Divine Knight was in there! Maybe the woman who saved my bacon in CS1? Interesting.

This is one of those connections to previous games (in this case, to Trails of Azure) as you'd recognize that character right away from their prior appearance. But the role they're playing in Cold Steel is considerably more prominent and CS gives you most of the important context anyways.

<popcorn intensifies>

Edited by Weltall

Yeah, she's dressed down in that appearance. I actually removed the comment because I figured eh, maybe that was kinda spoilery if Briar King missed it entirely. Act 1

Spoiler

Duvalie is indeed dressed in her casual attire and is sitting at one of the tables at the inn, eating her way through a plate of food. Since nothing requires you to go in there at that point, she's easy to overlook.

Edited by Weltall

5 hours ago, Briar King said:

Oh dang that’s who that is? Crap I thought you were taking CS1 stuff so I clicked it.

The one I left up is CS1 stuff, the one I took out and what aneonfox was responding to is CS2 stuff, at the point you're at. I was probably being overly cautious in removing it anyways.

4 hours ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

Speaking of your girl Duvalie (CS4)

Reveal hidden contents

P L A Y A B L E D U V A L I E L E T S G O O O O O

Duvalie is a gift that keeps on giving.

And congrats on beating Fragment, that's one of my favorite sequences in the entire Cold Steel arc (and series overall) right there. xD

Edited by Weltall

Finished Act 2 of CS4 yesterday (an absolutely amazing end to a slightly boring act), and beat

Spoiler

Zector and Rutger in the second Rivalry. I also did the special sidequest where Gilbert attacks Eryn and now I'm off to Crossbell to fight Arianrhod in the third Rivalry. I already know how it ends though ;-;

Rex. My guy. My dude. WHAT.

Spoiler

How in the WORLD are you taking these pictures? Elise and Alfin are currently MIA, Aurelia is being a general on a ship in an exceptionally well hidden army, and Vita is with her, and Sharon, Shirley, and Mariabell are all villains. How did you find any of these people and, in the case of the latter three, how did you not die doing it.

I want the story of Rex. This is infinitely fascinating

6 minutes ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

Who said there will be a two year wait? It could be one year

Also, he could go the spreadsheet route

Historically it has taken two years for a modern Falcom game to get localized.

CS1 was released in Japan in 2013, and CS2 in 2014. XSEED acquired the rights to CS1 and CS2 at the same time. CS1 wasn't released in the West until 2015 and CS2 until 2016.

NISA acquired the rights to CS3 in 2017/early 2018 and it wasn't released in the West until 2019.

Ys IX released in Japan in 2019 and won't be releasing in the West until 2021.

Edited by Val the Moofia Boss

3 hours ago, Val the Moofia Boss said:

And now for the killer two year wait for Hajimari.

Good luck dodging the spoilers!

I already know what happens lol

*massive spoilers for Hajimari ahead*

Spoiler

Rufus is C. Ishmelga Rean is a robot created by the Elysion System. Lapis is the original system administrator of the Elysion System until Ishmelga Rean boots her out somehow. Zoa Gilstein is the true form of the combined 7 Divine Knights and is called the Divine Knight of Zero. The 6th Anguis F Novartis manages to make a robot copy of McBurn. Also I know the final True Reverie Corridor boss is Genesis Demiurgos and was brought about by Oz XX, a prototype of KeA. 

Also the Grandmaster strikes a two year non intervention deal with the new president of Calvard, Roy Gramhart.

Edited by Zurvanite

On 11/7/2020 at 4:59 PM, aneonfoxtribute said:

I want the story of Rex. This is infinitely fascinating

Rex is secretly an Enforcer/Gralsritter/S-rank Bracer/Ninja, pick whichever one you like. xD

On 11/8/2020 at 2:58 PM, Zurvanite said:

I already know what happens lol

*massive spoilers for Hajimari ahead*

Aaaaalmost correct, but one detail's kind of important and slightly off:

Spoiler

Two and a half years is what they worked out, after Gramhart verbally backspaces when he started with proposing three years. Since Zemuria is on a deadline, six months can be a pretty big difference.

To a lesser extent since it should only affect Hajimari, the Oz XX is based on KeA rather than the other way around, being the 'lost number' prototype for the entire series who looks like KeA because of how closely she followed the data Alberich stole from the Crois family.