Trails of Cold Steel (and the Kiseki series in general)

Zurvanight

15 minutes ago, Briar King said:

I appear to only have 22 of the 23 fish I need to activate the bit I need to catch the 24th.

Fairly sure I have fished at every spot thus far. Can one of y’all link a non spoiler fish list so I can check my menu?

https://www.neoseeker.com/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-ii/walkthrough/Fishing_List

9 hours ago, Briar King said:

Have finished melee and ranged training lvls but I just suck at arts with the handicaps set. On lvl 4 and it’s given me fits multiple times.

I like Vermilion on Gaius.

Fun build recommendations!

Try out dodge tank Gaius! (spoilering in case you want to figure out these builds yourself, no story spoilers in here)

Spoiler

Gaius has a spear which gives him extra reach, meaning that he will more than likely land a counterattack.

The Wrath quartz means your counterattacks always crit.

The Murakumo MQ makes your crits deal 2.5x damage.

So jack up your STR and EVA! Also helps that Gaius had fire and wind slots!

You need to either reach 50% EVA and then cast Shining during battle to get 100%, or you can try to aim for always 100% EVA to physical attacks. You can also buy the Patterened Shirt from a vendor in Bareahard, and the Evergreen accessories if you don't have enough EVA.

Berserker Gaius

Spoiler

Gaius has a craft called "Wild Rage" which reduces his health in exchange for a lot of CP.

The Chevalier Master Quartz multiplies the damage you deal based off of a percentage of your overall health.

So stack up your STR so you can spam Savage Fang and hit like a truck!

You can either stack up HP, or stack delay. Depends on your strategy. Wild Rage is percentage based, so the more max HP you have, the more HP you have left after you cast Wild Rage, and thus the more likely you are to live if you are hit. But if the whole enemy team targets Gaius then there is a decent chance he might die anyway. But you don't need much health anyway if your enemies are always being delayed. Savage Fang delays, so stacking delay (impede quartz) will delay the enemies more. I'd recommend delay, as delaying attacks gives the rest of the team more turns, so overall you're dealing more damage. Pop your S-break if you need to finish off a target before they get their turn and kill you.

Also, Elliot the Nightmare Lord is a fun build!

Spoiler

MQ: Juggler

Stack Nightmare Quartz

Spam Nocturne Bell

laugh as you pummel your enemies in their sleep and as they burn to death with status conditions!

I actually put Murkamo on Fie last night and it’s kinda beautiful. Only really lost a bit of speed of Raven but I have her eva up at 80% anyway preswap and it really blew my mind yesterday how effective it is.

Vermillon is very nice on Gaius though. Hitting hard.

I definitely need to experiment with this stuff on CS3. I’m rather boring thus far keeping the beginning quartz all the way through barring Tauros, Pandora and Moebius.

Did not go the way I had planned today but as of the 4pm session I am on the operation atleast. I did start when I woke up with the intention of it but I got sidetracked big time by trying to lvl up some of these end game quartz/cooking hundreds of items for Möbius.

I put Calamity on Jusis and which is super interesting imo doing higher damage the more HP an enemy has. On opening battle he can often out strike Laura. Crazy.

It’s been a busy day yall. CS2 finale stuff

ive cleared Karel villia and am now into the Infernal Castle. Lots of stuff happening. Pretty cool. I’d like to press on but it’s already 5:30pm and I have to cross the border to TX in morning and I’m also trying to get done with RoW asap and I’m trying to gather the Mira for all these final weapons etc...so I’m in here grinding. I hope by tomorrow night or Friday I’m done and onto CS3.

Just now, Val the Moofia Boss said:

There isn't much gameplay stuff left. Maybe just a 2 hour long dungeon.

Spoiler

There is a ton of gameplay left. He has to get through the Infernal Castle, beat Testa-Rossa, then he has to go through the Lloyd segment, then he has a whole day of classes left with sidequests, then he has to go back into the Old School Building and go through the real final dungeon and fight the real final boss. 

CS2 full

49 minutes ago, aneonfoxtribute said:
  Reveal hidden contents

There is a ton of gameplay left. He has to get through the Infernal Castle, beat Testa-Rossa, then he has to go through the Lloyd segment, then he has a whole day of classes left with sidequests, then he has to go back into the Old School Building and go through the real final dungeon and fight the real final boss. 

CS2 full

CS2 full

Spoiler

I forgot the Lloyd segment. Yeah, that was a tedious 45 minutes long dungeon too.

I breezed through the Reverie Corridor in about half an hour. So there's about 3.5 hours of gameplay left, but YMMV. But still, not that much compared to the story content.

That's because you've still got a chunk of gameplay to go, during which you'll catch up. You're on track for where you're expected to be by the end of the Infernal Castle.

I can dig my Vita out later to see where I ended my first run but I imagine it will be somewhere in the early 130's too. (EDIT: 134 on Hard)

EDIT: Oh yes, curious what your reaction was to Absentee Father.

Edited by Weltall