Trails of Cold Steel (and the Kiseki series in general)

Zurvanight

19 minutes ago, Briar King said:

I’d like to know why my Vandyck doesn’t speak when everyone else is.

The Japanese dub was inconsistent, where you had scenes where some characters would speak while others wouldn't. This was probably due to the expense of the voice acting talent, as Falcom hired expensive voice actors for their name recognition. Voice acting is a huge deal in Japan, similar to being a celebrity like a movie actor.

When Trails of Cold Steel was being localized in English, XSEED did not have access to the source code, so they could not add in new voicelines for the PS3 and Vita releases that were not there in the first place. Only replace the files. That changed with the PC and PS4 ports, as XSEED were given the source code, and could program the game to play new voicelines. That's why the PC and PS4 ports of CS1 and CS2 have consistently voiced scenes (including scenes and characters who were never voiced in the original Japanese release). Also, some voice lines were rerecorded with better takes for the PC and PS4 ports. That's why we recommended playing on PC or PS4, because you get more voice acting and better voice acting. IIRC Toval and Micht weren't voiced in the PS3 and Vita releases of CS1, and in CS2 Wallace and Aurelia weren't voiced either. That was all stuff XSEED added in their ports.

CS3+4 were localized by NISA, not XSEED. NISA didn't put in the extra effort that XSEED did, so there are no extra voicelines in the PC or Switch ports. So it doesn't matter which version of CS3+4 you play. That's one of the reasons why the Western fandom was bummed out by NISA getting CS3 and not XSEED.

Edited by Val the Moofia Boss

I’m on a 4. I could have sworn he spoke in 1 so when everyone was talking cept him here recently I thought I was glitching out.

Anyway it’s been a hella long day so far and I still plan on going further in my antsy ness to be done. I have completed all quest plus the hidden one on this last free day.

Im having fun but this is a doozy for sure.

5 hours ago, Eluvianii said:

Just saw a "Dieter Gross" as a political candidate in a different game series. Could this be a Falcom reference? Or was Crois a reference to begin with? It'll be awesome if it's the former.

Dieter is short for Dietrich and practically begs to be the name of fictional politicians, since it means 'People's Ruler'. If it's not a total coincidence, it's likely that both games independently chose that name rather than one referring specifically to the other. That said, it's not impossible but it's vague enough that unless there's something more obvious I'm guessing there wasn't any intentional referencing going on.

46 minutes ago, Briar King said:

And now I’m back in CS2 Epilogue stuff

Hide contents

the old School house. Ok cool I have everyone opened up from all game. I’m fixing to have some fun mixing things up but I’m also in a total rush. I will experiment though tomorrow.

If you go somewhere, I think an Orbment Station, you will find some very expensive pieces of equipment called Mirrors. I recommend getting at least one of them and equipping it. It's very cool. I won't tell you what they do because the surprise is part of the fun

2 hours ago, Weltall said:

Dieter is short for Dietrich and practically begs to be the name of fictional politicians, since it means 'People's Ruler'. If it's not a total coincidence, it's likely that both games independently chose that name rather than one referring specifically to the other. That said, it's not impossible but it's vague enough that unless there's something more obvious I'm guessing there wasn't any intentional referencing going on.

Huh, I didn't know about the name's meaning. That's really cool, it might be fun to use. Thinking about it, at the time the game came out there definitely wasn't a patch for Ao yet, so either the developers knew Japanese and happened to be big enough fans to play the Japanese copy, or it is a coincidence so you're likely right. I just got suspicious because 'gross' sounds kinda like 'crois' and thought maybe it was a way to introduce it as a joke.

Oh I like the color theme in here and also due to this expansion I’m really more able to try out MQ I don’t ever use so this is really making this draw out acceptable right now.

As for the Mira I can’t afford one of those things let alone all 5 of them so that’s out of my reach atm but I shall try to get one atleast. I wiped myself getting armor and weapons in town last night before going in and seeing this stuff today. Will take a bit but I still haven’t used the cooking thing yet this game so that may help.

ed that cooking thing ain’t near as good as it was in CS1. Hard to get anyone to cook the tri ongiri in bulk to make it worth the effort 

Edited by Briar King

The Reverie Corridor is designed to be full of chests (trapped and otherwise) and to reset when you leave and reenter it. It's literally a grinder's paradise because with enough time you can get yourself as many copies of S-Rare quartz or powerful accessories as you have the patience for. As mentioned, you'll easily rack up sepith either by fighting the monsters in it or by getting huge piles of it from chests so you'll be able to afford Mirrors pretty quickly. If you just want to lose yourself in the gameplay the Corridor is an amazing time sink. :D

Edited by Weltall

This rust is just fun. All but one mirror left which I will get today. Almost got all MQ on lvl 5.

Lmao I still haven’t went up a single floor! I’m having to much fun spamming the chest. I forgot I got an Ingenuity last night in the ambien blitz. Just need to figure out which character is going to get it.

No not the pictures which I loved btw, just everyone standing around in the park talking. It seemed way sharper for some reason. Had to be in my head though.

CS2 is done 7/12/20-2/10/21 at 170+ hours. This took a long time. If I hadn’t had 2 hurricanes interrupting me I would have finished last year. 

Absolutely loved that game.

Oh yes you're right! I very nearly forgot! Okay so basically, in New Game +, you can collect another series of books called the Black Records (Don't worry about those, you get all of them in CS3 too so you can read them there). After collecting all of them, you are called to the roof, and this is the scene you get

Also some facts to be read after watching the video:

Spoiler

We have met multiple Gralsritter in the past. The leader, Ein Selnate, is the titular Carnelia of the Carnelia book series, and Toval knows her. The main character of 3rd is a Gralsritter, as is a party member in Azure. Additionally, Father Barkhorn, the priest who taught Gaius, is also a Gralsritter.

Edited by aneonfoxtribute