Trails of Cold Steel (and the Kiseki series in general)

Zurvanight

Grr that’s a big no go on being able to play this AM. Got work crew all in the house now and I moved the TV and PS4 out of the RV last night as my hip was throbbing constantly going up and down the ramp we built. Likely won’t be pressing on till way late tonight.

CS3 ch 2 stuff/hopes

I really want another meeting up of Rean/Altina with Lloyd/Rixia.

Found a quite place but still not really ideal for long session. So far CS3 ch 2 stuff

after reading the Black record about the dragon and how it corrupted the Vermilion Knight it would definitely appear it’s possible that the Knight in turn corrupted Cedric. He’s being a little dick now. We will see...

Absolutely insane...no way I can take on a Knight with what I have on hand. That is a crazy ramp up even if I tried to strategize it’s got 10-12 HP from the get go on me. Not happening.

I did it... holy rust I actually did it, mind blow. That was extremely hard/lucky and long.

Edited by Briar King

Artillery Class VII - CS1 main theme.

Awakening - CS2 Rean's themesong, remix of the Class VII theme (thumbnail has spoilers for CS1).

I was remember playing CS3 and the first DK fight was coming up, and I was so hyped to hear Awakening play again, or a remix of it... only for Lift Off to play, which was disappointing. I mean, come on! It's like dumping Brave Heart as the emotional evolution theme from Digimon! You can't do that. You can't top what is already perfect.

As far as main leitmotifs go, CS1+2 got it right. Didn't overuse it a billion times, and the remixes were different enough that it took me a few relistens on youtube to realize "oh hey, this is actually the main theme!".

Edited by Val the Moofia Boss

On 3/19/2021 at 5:44 PM, Eluvianii said:

So there is a leitmotif for this arc. Or, the first half apparently?

Yeah, there is. Minor musical spoilers for CS1-2

Spoiler

The motif from Heimdallr's theme also plays in The Great Power (CS1 final boss battle/CS2 final boss event theme) and Awakening Will (the Courageous theme song from CS2).

It reappears in CS4 music as well so it crosses the entire arc.

There's a couple leitmotifs that span the entire arc but that one's kind of the most significant. The one that literally spans the most ground is CS1's OP theme because its main melody makes a reappearance in one of the songs that plays in CS4's ending.

Nice, though I do miss having a melody that's recognizable as the main theme for the arc. Like how Sora no Kiseki had a theme literally called Sora no Kiseki that appeared in about half the songs? I mean, Liberl had more than one motif too but that one was so omnipresent.

Then Crossbell had sort of the same thing going on with Get Over the Barrier but I felt it was to a lesser extent. Then it's nice to know it does happen with Erebonia but so far the soundtrack does feel a little more, idk, disperse. 

On an unrelated note I love that the Ost District is the place where you can find music. 

Have been crawling along despite playing everyday. Crossed 80hrs clocked today. CS3 ch 2 stuff

I need to get in gear big time. I’m enjoying being back in Crossbell again but despite being here for so long I’m still only on day 1 of the field study. I’m spending to much time fishing for droplets instead of progressing story. It’s addictive and it gives me a chance to become god tier but boy does it take forever only getting 1pt for a stat bump. That said I’ve moved myself up a few lvls without lvling up...

Today I managed to put the rod down and got Sharon’s backstory. Hell yeah! 

Got a dialogue round to go now but it’s going to be a bit most likely with my son here for spring break week. We will see.

Just now, Briar King said:

Have been crawling along despite playing everyday. Crossed 80hrs clocked today. CS3 ch 2 stuff

Hide contents

I need to get in gear big time. I’m enjoying being back in Crossbell again but despite being here for so long I’m still only on day 1 of the field study. I’m spending to much time fishing for droplets instead of progressing story. It’s addictive and it gives me a chance to become god tier but boy does it take forever only getting 1pt for a stat bump. That said I’ve moved myself up a few lvls without lvling up...

Today I managed to put the rod down and got Sharon’s backstory. Hell yeah! 

Got a dialogue round to go now but it’s going to be a bit most likely with my son here for spring break week. We will see.

As you might expect, 

Spoiler

Crossbell is looking almost exactly how it does in the Crossbell games, and almost all of the NPCs are in Crossbell. If you hear a name you're not familiar with, odds are it's also a Crossbell character. But alas, outside of some members of the SSS, we don't see any major characters. 

1 minute ago, Val the Moofia Boss said:

I wish that Crossbell had been redesigned to look like an actual vast city, like Heimdallr, rather than retaining the miniature playset video game town look. Even Ordis looks larger when it has a canonically smaller population.

Well Crossbell is a city state. It just is that small

Well thank goodness for that. 

This bit is taking a hell of a long time. CS3 ch 2 stuff

day 1 has hours of dialogue to get through. I’m in Ordis tower spending time with VIPs. I just want to get past all this asap now. Son left today so in the AM I shall get back to it. I just want Musse and Ash already.