Trails of Cold Steel (and the Kiseki series in general)

Zurvanight

It's mainly there to allow you to keep fishing past the exhaustion point of any given spot if you want to farm something repeatedly. I don't think I ever had an instance where a location-specific fish didn't spawn before I ran out of tries in the first instance. Also, in CS1's Finale it's possible to catch everything in the fishing spots in Trista so you can't lock yourself out if you did miss something.

5 hours ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

Got to the True Reverie Corridor finally and TRAILS IN THE GACHA?! HAJIMARI NO GACHA?! EXCUSE ME?!

Yes, but a gacha system that doesn't require you to pay through the orifice in actual money and the process of accumulating the items needed to exchange for rewards also lets you gain EXP and the various randomly spawning chest rewards plus drops from enemies. Be careful, it's very easy to lose track of time in there. xD

Oh, and speaking of Hajimari, in the livestream it was mentioned in the context of the game not getting a simultaneous release in Chinese/Korean that Kuro has a 'significantly' larger script than Hajimari. Seeing how Haji was already the third-largest game in terms of its script size and it was very close to the next game, there's a very good chance that Kuro will end up being the second-biggest script so far.

Edited by Weltall

1 hour ago, Weltall said:

Seeing how Haji was already the third-largest game in terms of its script size and it was very close to the next game, there's a very good chance that Kuro will end up being the second-biggest script so far.

This is very worrying to me. This series is in dire need of an editor. Or better writers who don't pad out every scene to being 10x as long as it needs to be.

Wanted to finish Chapter 2 tonight but alas, I was unable. I think I am right before the boss of the chapter though, or at least the boss of Rean's route. As for what I did play, hoo boy. 

Spoiler

First, a fight against Garcia and Lau at the same time. That was amazing. And then C route followed it up with an even better fight, where you fight C team as Rean and co, and you fight Rean team as C and co. That was AWESOME! Also my theory that Ilya was the dancer was confirmed, not that that was a huge shock, especially since she got the mask as the end of the Episode I unlocked with Rixia, Swin, and Nadia. 

Super excited for tomorrows play session and to finish off chapter 2

10 hours ago, Val the Moofia Boss said:

This is very worrying to me. This series is in dire need of an editor. Or better writers who don't pad out every scene to being 10x as long as it needs to be.

Unlike CS4 Hajimari doesn't have the kind of bloat caused by having a dozen characters present in every scene because of the way events are structured, it has a lot of text because it's big. Kuro is probably going to have a fair bit of variant text because of the Alignment Frame and Topic System that they've teased, which will add variety without the same kind of repetition. The core cast we've been presented with is also the exact same size as FC and at this point we don't know if we're going to have a similar narrative (a few fixed characters and others rotate in and out) or if the whole cast is more or less present after their introduction a la Cold Steel. Either way, the smaller cast is going to help.

10 hours ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

Wanted to finish Chapter 2 tonight but alas, I was unable. I think I am right before the boss of the chapter though, or at least the boss of Rean's route. As for what I did play, hoo boy. 

Reveal hidden contents

First, a fight against Garcia and Lau at the same time. That was amazing. And then C route followed it up with an even better fight, where you fight C team as Rean and co, and you fight Rean team as C and co. That was AWESOME! Also my theory that Ilya was the dancer was confirmed, not that that was a huge shock, especially since she got the mask as the end of the Episode I unlocked with Rixia, Swin, and Nadia. 

Super excited for tomorrows play session and to finish off chapter 2

LOL, that awesome moment was one of the things I was thinking of specifically when I mentioned the moments of brilliance in the route-switching. xD

11 hours ago, Val the Moofia Boss said:

To be honest, thanks to this series, a lot of the time when I play other rpgs I feel the scenes are too short and straight to the point. 

3 hours ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

Finished Chapter 2 of Hajimari and *deep gasp*

Reveal hidden contents

RUFUS WAS C ALL ALONG AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOJDYFGASHBFGQEYHFUWEHGFWEYUFHWEIUHFUYEWGFUGWEUFGWEUFGKJVYDSGFHDIUFHEW

That is all.

Mmmmmmmm, this popcorn is delicious, care for some? :D

(Same end of Chapter 2 spoiler)

Spoiler

So, did you suspect C was going to be Rufus before the reveal?

41 minutes ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

I was actually spoiled on it. I didn't believe it, because I remembered seeing a shot from the trailer where 

Reveal hidden contents

C fought Rufus, so I thought that it was just a fake spoiler, but alas. 

Ahhhh, alas. Well, something you may not have spotted prior to that point (or didn't think about it because you were spoiled that Falcom did to tease that reveal that was pretty clever:

Spoiler

Once you actually see C fighting, you can tell right away that he's a practitioner of Court Fencing because the style has some very distinctive moves, meaning that his style looks like Jusis', Rufus' and Cedric's,,, and you can eliminate Jusis offhand.

For what it's worth, given how early it happens it's not the biggest surprise the game has to throw at you by far. Hopefully you didn't get spoiled on anything else.

Edited by Weltall

No story spoilers but I’ll tag anyway. CS3 mechanics

I don’t like many of these hair colors as I’ve said but I’m putting on the lighter colors as many change the eye color to a purple. So I’m making some Targaryens lol.

I’m totally digging this area and I’m grinding the hell out of it switching parties. Getting some 750-1,200 pts a pop even in mid 40’s so I figure I better bulk up while I can.

This... this is weird. Generally speaking to avoid giving away any plot points, I was on the night of chapter 6 field study's first day when the clock hit 90 hours, about the time when you're told you need to go out. So I did a round around the house talking to people. Then I did a round talking to everyone awake in town, plus the quest. Then a 20-minute or so cutscene took place. 

After all that, when I regained control, I opened the menu to save and the clock was at 90 hours with 4 minutes. 

Even assuming that cutscenes don't count (which would have scary implications about the real duration of the game), did I really do all that in 4 minutes? At this point I'm convinced the game time-traveled. 

It's exploding because there's a new game coming out and people are excited for it. This is after all a thread about the entire franchise more broadly. All the stuff that might constitute spoilers is behind tags so you're not going to stumble into anything by accident.

35 minutes ago, NattyBo said:

Wow.  WOW. The end of Azure Chapter 4 megaton!!

Hide contents

Arios killed Guy??!? Holllly rust.

Oooooh so you're there. Yeah, the end of chapter 4 is freaking amazing, and the soundtrack that plays there *chef kiss*, Dark Throne and Delusion of a Thousand Years are two of my favorite themes in the entire series. 

Prepare for the avalanche that is chapter 5.

12 hours ago, Eluvianii said:

Oooooh so you're there. Yeah, the end of chapter 4 is freaking amazing, and the soundtrack that plays there *chef kiss*, Dark Throne and Delusion of a Thousand Years are two of my favorite themes in the entire series. 

Prepare for the avalanche that is chapter 5.

Yeah, after I posted that, multiple more megatons dropped left and right!

Played another hour or so after finishing chapter 4. So much craziness. 

I’m still shook by all the Azure end of chapter 4/beginning of chapter 5 stuff.

Sorry for the thought dump here, it’s just a lot to sift through!

I had Crois pegged as a bad guy, but didn’t really think he was pulling ALL the strings like that! Still absorbing Arios killing Guy.

Zeit’s info dumps and divine form are awesome. Wazy’s reveal as a member of the gralsritter was pretty cool - I was pretty oblivious to all the clues, I guess!

The prison escape with Rossi as a playable party member was so funny and baller.

All of the info about Ouroborous and the new enforcers...more info about SeptTerrions...so...much..lore...

Edited by NattyBo

The Kuro teaser video just dropped and it is storming awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4w53fPGHck

Spoiler

- That's a lot of new characters revealed. Now, given that Falcom has a history of being deceptive with their pre-release material I don't think that all of these characters are going to be playable the way the video makes it look but I expect some of them will be.

- Elaine from Beyond the Beginning shows up and looks playable and she's following Van in a sequence so I think she actually will be a guest at some point.

- Also appearing and probably a guest: Zin, who's looking awesome. And much less expected: Fie.

- Hime and Kurogane appear, also from Beyond the Beginning.

- Walter's another confirmed return, no surprise there really.

- The mystery thing from the key visual that I'm jokingly calling a Stand also shows up in gameplay footage.

- There's a desert area so it looks like we're getting that plot thread. Also Aaron has a scene in a really ominous-looking area with a storm raging.

Edited by Weltall