Trails of Cold Steel (and the Kiseki series in general)

Zurvanight

2 hours ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

It's on PS3? I didn't know that. I don't remember what the censorship is in FC and SC, but there is a really major censorship in 3rd which I think hurt it a lot. 

XSEED never released The 3rd on anything but the PC version which lacks such censoring (mainly because the PSP was very dead by that time) so it's basically a non-issue. They did manage to port over all the nice PSP additions though.

There's nothing censored in FC/SC, but the PSP versions of those two (and especially the former) are inconsistent with later releases since they couldn't be patched post-release with all the updated names and tweaks.

Why would it be on the store on console? 

CS3 ch 3 day 3 stuff

phew it’s been a productive 3 days as I make my way further through Juno Fortress. My teams have unlocked a few doors and today I got the skit of the battle in the valley as my allies fought off the Crimson peeps and Ouro agents to retake the rail cannons. Next up is supposed to be a slugfest battle according to guide but I’m not pressing on it yet. Going to do some more grinding instead to be more comfortable I think.

1 minute ago, Briar King said:

Why would it be on the store on console? 

CS3 ch 3 day 3 stuff

Hide contents

phew it’s been a productive 3 days as I make my way further through Juno Fortress. My teams have unlocked a few doors and today I got the skit of the battle in the valley as my allies fought off the Crimson peeps and Ouro agents to retake the rail cannons. Next up is supposed to be a slugfest battle according to guide but I’m not pressing on it yet. Going to do some more grinding instead to be more comfortable I think.

Because the PS3 store shows Vita games too. That's just how it's designed. 

Historically it takes 2 years for a Trails game to come to the West after release in Japan.

Cold Steel 1: Japan September 2013, NA December 2015 localized by XSEED
Cold Steel 2: Japan September 2014, NA September 2016 localized by XSEED
Cold Steel 3: Japan September 2017, NA October 2019 localized by NISA
Cold Steel 4: Japan September 2018, NA October 2020 localized by NISA

Hajimari came out in September 2020 so it probably won't come here until Fall 2022. Kuro won't be here until 2023.

So glad I waited to play Cold Steel arc until I could play Sky/Crossbell arc. I feel like there are just so many non spoilery payoffs and in universe stuff. Like, the Mishy dolls at the market in Chapter 1. Not only do I know who/what Mishy is, I now instantly think of Tio and the Church of Mishy.

10 minutes ago, Val the Moofia Boss said:

Ao spoils way too much of the Eastern Erebonia arc. I would never advise playing Ao before CS1+2.

I hard disagree. CS1 and 2 spoil Azure even more. They didn't even have an idea of what 1+2's story would be when they wrote Azure. The few "spoilers" there are are minor. Yes even that one. Release order is NEVER wrong

Edited by aneonfoxtribute

44 minutes ago, Val the Moofia Boss said:

Ao spoils way too much of the Eastern Erebonia arc. I would never advise playing Ao before CS1+2.

Personally, I'm always of the opinion to trust the order in which the storyteller releases the stories. 

1 hour ago, Val the Moofia Boss said:

Ao spoils way too much of the Eastern Erebonia arc.

It spoils one thing in endgame CS2 that was so blatantly obvious that a blind person could have seen it coming from a mile away (and in case you somehow couldn't, early CS2 drops enough hints to kickstart your mental processes) and another thing from CS1 that was so heavily foreshadowed that if you couldn't figure out it was coming a few hours into that game you weren't paying attention, hence it isn't really a spoiler.

6 minutes ago, Weltall said:

It spoils one thing in endgame CS2 that was so blatantly obvious that a blind person could have seen it coming from a mile away (and in case you somehow couldn't, early CS2 drops enough hints to kickstart your mental processes) and another thing from CS1 that was so heavily foreshadowed that if you couldn't figure out it was coming a few hours into that game you weren't paying attention, hence it isn't really a spoiler.

What thing in CS1? I can't think of what that could be

8 hours ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

What thing in CS1? I can't think of what that could be

Spoiler

The fact that Erebonia ends up in a civil war, which is so obviously coming throughout CS1 that it really can't be considered a spoiler when it's first revealed in Azure.

Well I got on this AM to do a bit of grinding but that didn’t work out. I stumbled upon my books and decided to have a read off instead. That was a good many that have been collecting virtual dust for months but I’m all caught up now.

Will press on to the battle at 4PM most likely.

3 hours ago, Briar King said:

Well I got on this AM to do a bit of grinding but that didn’t work out. I stumbled upon my books and decided to have a read off instead. That was a good many that have been collecting virtual dust for months but I’m all caught up now.

Will press on to the battle at 4PM most likely.

Yeah; I had the best intentions of playing CS1 today but the 96 degree weather and the pool membership had a better argument. 

maybe when I get home...

Oh I am super pissed off at myself right now...CS3 ch3 day 3 stuff

on my 3rd attempt to take out Lance group I was actually doing a very good job. One mistake set off a chain reaction that 40 minutes later lead to defeat. That mistake was not seeing Gaius was fainted who I was going to use to redo the White Decoration order. Come his turn it wiped the last of the order away and it was the end of that attempt right then. Fast forward 40 minutes of trying to heal back up and failing and I set my PS5 on rest mode in anger to come get some air outside and shout a few choice profanities.

Veryyyyyyy pissed off.

So at this point I’m just convinced Falcom Sound Team never misses. Every single trails game I’ve played so far has so many bangers.

Really enjoy the regular battle theme in CS1 so far. Also the music when the Railway Military Police make their debut is great.

36 minutes ago, NattyBo said:

So at this point I’m just convinced Falcom Sound Team never misses. Every single trails game I’ve played so far has so many bangers.

Really enjoy the regular battle theme in CS1 so far. Also the music when the Railway Military Police make their debut is great.

Most of Sky's and Crossbell's soundtracks are meh, with a few notable tracks.

Tokyo Xanadu and the CS1+2 soundtrack is great. A lot of CS3's tracks are great too.

I'm not a Singa hater. I think he is underrated. His ability is misused, though, and it's clear that whoever orders the composers to make tracks and determines how they are used in the game dropped the ball during CS4 and Hajimari. A lot of tracks are inappropriately used, and there are tracks that simply shouldn't have been ordered to be that way in the first place.

CS3 ch 3 day 3 stuff

passed on 4th attempt. I left nothing to chance and just reupped the order with 2 rounds left a bunch of times. Very happy I beat that that time. Also just finished the mech fight afterwards and despite not being to difficult to do it took forever to get through the 3 phases because I couldn’t tell what stance this thing was taking and I had to constantly heal and charge MP. I’m fixing to see the aftermath when I go back inside. It’s EXTREMELY rare for me to be playing this late in the day..

CS3 ch 3 ending

phew I’m so happy I’m done with that chapter. I had such bad luck on day 1 with my 3 redo’s it really slowed me down/hindered my enjoyment. What an ending though...much was easy to see coming like Musse as the new Duchess/the conformation of Crow but the George thing...yeah I didn’t see that whammy coming.. I’d be shocked if Angie is actually dead. That group is truly not what they seem. Now I’m waiting on Towa to pull some crazy reveal. The Gaius build up was really cool. I enjoyed him so much this chapter and wondered why he had no S craft. He’s going to get a super build up I suspect after that.

My PS5 said something about a blocked scene which I ain’t to happy about..

That was a stellar ending to my least favorite chapter. I’m kinda tuckered out though so it’s a good chance I will not do my standard 11:15PM what till ambien kicks in playtime tonight cause I know it’s going to be a long skit but I’m excited to see what’s next so who knows..

Will 100 do it in AM to get through skit so I have some controlled play for 4PM.

Good stuff!

Ed: I may even just say hell with it and take ambien early so I can get there even sooner lol. Because I really want to see what happens next..

Edited by Briar King