Trails of Cold Steel (and the Kiseki series in general)

Zurvanight

Yeah I meant if there was any about this world not if the tech existed in the world lol. I would have liked to watch.

Sooo much talking...

Im glad that bonding point I just used scored me 2 link ups with Laura and Alisa.

Now to get back to talking.... I just wanna fight stuff.

On 4/5/2020 at 9:54 AM, Weltall said:

Yeah. The first two games were released out of order in English and it doesn't make a huge difference in the long run (you really just need to play Song of the Ocean last) but that's the first game in Japanese release order.

It asked for data of the first game actually. I hope it wasn't anything big.

2 hours ago, Briar King said:

Read read read!

Love finding out more about the players. Alisa R is

Hide contents

Alisa Reinhold. I kinda saw that but I thought they may also go Alisa Regina Imperial Princess.

I actually don't think I've ever seen anybody who was surprised by that. Even my friend, who never played anything before CS, literally figured it out immediately because Alisa got her introduction and said where she was from and then Machias was like 

Spoiler

OH YOU'RE FROM THAT PLACE WHERE THE FAMOUS REINFORD FAMILY IS FROM!

Yeah like I said I could see it coming. Really around the time Rean had to sub for Klein but then I thought after Barahard reveals they maybe going for another

illegit kid but still having some status. Some nobels include Rex/Regina in their names but Reinhold was the more obvious outcome for her

The funny thing is, the Japanese release didn't even pretend it was meant to be a secret. She did the whole 'Alisa R' thing but all the promotional material used her full name as did the trailer, and the name is mentioned so often in the first five games that even if Falcom hadn't told us it would have been super-easy to guess. XSEED on the other hand decided to embrace the mystery in their advertising, though the script still makes it really obvious and there wasn't much they could do about that.

9 hours ago, Eluvianii said:

It asked for data of the first game actually. I hope it wasn't anything big.

You're not missing anything, the whole clear save thing got messed up because they games were released out of order. There is a whole bunch of content in the third game if you have clear saves from the first two but it doesn't depend on play order. So just make saves at the end of Moonlight Witch and Tear of Vermillion for later use. Mind you, it's all stuff that Bandai added on top of the games when they remade the trilogy for PSP (they're originally PC games) so none of it's necessary to beat the game and none of it's considered canon by Falcom, but it's good fun nonetheless.

Have fun spotting the various things that Falcom references in the later Kiseki/Trails games as you go through! And, y'know, just enjoy the games generally! Soon hopefully, you will appreciate the greatness that is Chris. :D

Edited by Weltall

12 hours ago, Weltall said:

Have fun spotting the various things that Falcom references in the later Kiseki/Trails games as you go through! And, y'know, just enjoy the games generally! Soon hopefully, you will appreciate the greatness that is Chris. :D

Well, I'm excited now! I have that feeling of "Well, I like these characters, but not much more." and that always means surprises in the future.

Finally got my son back after 48 days of corona lockdown and like I feared watching me play this ain’t his cup of tea lol, so I expect my progress will slow tremendously while he is here. He was all into the fighting but when I had to go around talking to EVERYONE he was like “I’m gonna go get my phone now.” Lol

Im now out of the 3rd school house investigation. I spent quite a bit of time in there to lvl up everyone to mid 20’s.

ed grr man like 2 hrs of talking to everyone so far afterwards. I just want to fight awhile now. Tired of talking! Great world building just to much at a time! Thankfully I have turbo mode to help a little bit... just got on a horse in Nord Highlands. Almost ambien time and my son is super bored after this lengthy stuff. He just waiting on me to go to bed to play GTA5 lol

Edited by Briar King

I’m really enjoying my time on the plains. Doing lots of grinding while till it gets to hard to lvl up. I see what y’all mean now. The higher a character gets the less exp points are earned. I’m also noticing now that I indeed have some quartz that have multiple abilities like Reaper. I have had to do some clean up as I learn more...have had a few doubles all this time thus wasting valuable arts space. Gaius comes from a cool land I gotta say. Alisa is now much more valuable now that I have her arrow rain down craft. I remember this from the prologue now. I still have that save file from them. I think I ll load that up after awhile just to see what all they had at that time again. That should be fun going back now that I know more of what I’m doing just for kicks.

Oh and I just love the sound effects on Plains to. That whistle is ace.

Edited by Briar King

Love how everything is boiling up on the plains.

Gwyn pays a bit to much attention to his grand daughters potential sex life but he’s cool. 

the plains are mystical. So bringing war here just pisses me off. 

I now have control of Millium who I don’t remember being in prologue but I figure more people are bound to be brought into Class 7 because they have abandoned rooms in dormitory.

anyway having a blast but really slowing down cause my son really hates having to sit through me playing this especially when it’s story advancement long dialogue skits.

YES! Falgaku is amazing.

One of my favorite little things they did is actually parodying the US cover art for the Sega Genesis release of Ys III where Adol looks... different. And another horrible horrible troll they did just before Cold Steel's original Japanese release where they cheekily hinted at one of the game's surprises via what looked like a parody. (CS1 endgame spoiler)

Spoiler

They introduced Gerd and Isabelle from the Gagharv Trilogy to the cast as a pair of dueling magical girls. They just happen to be known as witches in their original game and Isabelle's magical girl name was 'Misty Isabelle', just like a certain radio personality in Trista...

That didn't make it into the animated adaptation though.

Goodness I had to take a break to cool down after

this brutal Gideon/Djinn battle. Even at lvl 33 I was hard pressed and using revive items. Just got hammered on the back half of that duo and having to use Tear/Breath more then I was able to even attack. Just frustrating cause I wasn’t expecting to be pressed so hard

It's a very good choice for offensive casters, especially if you like Fire spells (which I hope you do, because it'll teach them all) and max it out.

It's difficult to make a bad decision with Master Quartz; there are some that are obviously less awesome than others but they all have their uses.

On 5/16/2020 at 5:12 PM, Briar King said:

Have a new quartz but much like Mobieus on Mach I’m not sure if I made a good decision. It’s Criminal and I have put it on Alisa who had Scepter on.

When you can put it on either Elliot or Emma and never look back. Maxed out it gives 90% chance of criting on magic. Magic that can hit every single enemy on the field. Magic that can target enemy weakness. Mobieus may not seem like much now, but get to cooking and use the omelette trick for making money to buy a ton of ingredients and you are golden. End up a better healer/buffer than a magic healer, and you have room to spare for other quartz.

edit: side note, this is not RNG. A high percent chance actually matters. So 90 percent chance to crit, means you crit just about every single time on every single enemy. Dodge chance of 70 percent and up means you almost never get touched. 

Edited by Pathfinder

I certainly thought about Emma but I have used Alisa way more then her and I use her as my attack mage now that her ATS is getting higher in lvl 30’s. Jusis was a contender for it to. The rare times I actually use Emma I rather enjoy her Mirage quartz regaining EP on death casts so I ll stick with that.

Oh yeah, there was an update to Hajimari's website last week but it was just the next chapter of Three and Nine so nothing to get excited about.

3 hours ago, Briar King said:

I certainly thought about Emma but I have used Alisa way more then her and I use her as my attack mage now that her ATS is getting higher in lvl 30’s. Jusis was a contender for it to. The rare times I actually use Emma I rather enjoy her Mirage quartz regaining EP on death casts so I ll stick with that.

Just wait a little while longer, another Master Quartz is coming up that's really good for Emma. Well, any offensive caster but Emma's got the highest base EP so she can get a bit more out of it than anyone else.

15 hours ago, Briar King said:

Hey at the end of the day build however makes you happy. That's what is great about the system. 

3 hours ago, Briar King said:

What is this omelette trick exactly? I’m cooking quite a bit but don’t understand what y’all have hinted at with it at Ch 4. I still have 1 ???? under omelette menu.

Buy the ingredients for an omelette. Use Elliot to make it. You will get an ommlette that sells for more than the materials it took to make it. Use that money to buy more materials for the omelette. Make more omelettes, rinse repeat.