Trails of Cold Steel (and the Kiseki series in general)

Zurvanight

Ninja'd as I was typing, so I'll just add that Elliot can produce two possible results, both of which sell for more than the ingredient cost.

Basically every game in the series has a recipe like this which you can use to quickly accumulate mira.

8 hours ago, Briar King said:

Warm Egg Soup?

Did you use Elliot? You have to use a person with a "smiley winky face" which shows that they will produce the best of the best of that recipe. You should then end up with a good chunk of the best version, some of the medium, and some of the eh version. The best and the medium is sold for more than all the ingredients you bought combined, which nets you profit to buy more and do it over again. 

94 hrs clocked and I’m only still in ch 4. So much talking!!!!!! It’s wonderfully frustrating world building. Just takes forever to go around everywhere after each advance to get that building... I know I keep saying that!

Mobieus is nice. The cooking routine is grueling. Elliot has the most annoying voice of the bunch.

What is up with the numerous whiffs of incest? Japanese people are funny sometimes.

I have a feeling something big is fixing to happen as I inch the story ever closer to

Erebonia’s big end of war celebration parade thingy

48 minutes ago, Briar King said:

Just got a quartz that seems to scream Laura to me. Tauros. Regular attacks hit harder but with a delay handicap. Hmm

That is the overpowered Quartz. In CS1 its really good. In CS2 it literally breaks the game in half. Laura with Tauros in CS2 is a storming monster. She is outright the best physical attacker in the series other than maybe Richard in 3rd. 

I don’t really like it. I changed her back to Brave which I had much more strength on. The delay was fairly glaring. Actually wouldn’t mind testing this out with Fie who is higher speed lvl. 

I assume the handicap reduces as it lvls up.

Im having so much fun but I want to be on CS2 the past week. Have 96 hrs racked up and I’m still down in place where Quartz was. Toons on lvl 41.

The handicap actually gets bigger as it levels up. But, at least in CS2, the delay is so negligible that its hardly an excuse not to use it. She gets to the point where she can almost one shot random encounters by herself and on the off chance she doesn't, Rean can easily clean up with a Gale. On bosses she does so much damage with Tauros that needing to wait a few extra turns to get her to attack again haddly hurts. But thats based on CS2, I never used it in 1

We've got a minor update and some teasing on Hajimari. The game got its CERO rating (C, just like the last couple games) which there was some concern might not have been done in time and delayed the game, but all is well. We've also just gotten a teaser of the next batch of news, which focuses on Crossbell characters, most importantly Dudley gets some much-deserved attention. I really hope he and Machias can interact at some point so we can see which of the two is more committed to JUSTICE!!!

On 5/24/2020 at 0:25 AM, aneonfoxtribute said:

That is the overpowered Quartz. In CS1 its really good. In CS2 it literally breaks the game in half. Laura with Tauros in CS2 is a storming monster. She is outright the best physical attacker in the series other than maybe Richard in 3rd. 

You can actually get higher damage output from Rean once some CS2 mechanics start coming into play, which continues through the rest of the arc, but he's not as consistent as Laura for reasons. xD Comparing attackers across games is kinda tricky since the mechanics change each arc and Cold Steel's potential damage numbers dwarf the previous arcs. But yeah, those three for physical attackers, Kloe and Wazy for magical attackers without hax and Toval in Cold Steel with crazy hax allowed, guest ally or no. His DPS is obscene. xD

Oh yeah, and one other thing that really broke Tauros in CS2 is that its damage boost was applied to (S-)Crafts as well as normal attacks, while in CS1 it was for regular attacks only.

I disagree with Wazy for magical attacker. Wazy is the best evasion tank before Kurt, and even if its practically required to use him as magic in the Ari fight to win consistently, he's not as good at it as most of the dedicated magical attackers. Especially since Renne exists and is literally the best magical attacker in the series. I would also bring up Emma as better than Kloe in pure damage (Kloe is better overall due to how good she is as a healer but Emma does a lot more damage).

I ll find out in a few hundred hours what y’all talking about. 

playtime is really tight at present. Son, daughter and niece here past 6 days with my nephew soon to follow. So my time in Heimdallr has really stretched out as I can really only go down in tunnels to fight without them grumbling plus I can’t pay 100 attention on skits with all the teenage squawking in my ears.

i am happy I got these games though. 

9 hours ago, Weltall said:

We've got a minor update and some teasing on Hajimari. The game got its CERO rating (C, just like the last couple games) which there was some concern might not have been done in time and delayed the game, but all is well. We've also just gotten a teaser of the next batch of news, which focuses on Crossbell characters, most importantly Dudley gets some much-deserved attention. I really hope he and Machias can interact at some point so we can see which of the two is more committed to JUSTICE!!!

Those two are twins both in looks and personality, can't wait to see that.

Apparently we also have English voice for Cassius now, I'm way too excited for this, considering I haven't finished any games in this arc. I can't even replay the previous ones since my laptop died recently. Hopefully next month things will recover enough to go out a little and work for a new one. One that can run these games this time.

My goodness that was a longggggg event scene/battle.

All kinds of new peeps popping up and I finally crossed swords with Comrade Kylo Ren.

Had to take a break after that long push to finish up Ch 4. Loved being in the place I was but it was starting to wear me down as big as it was running around checking in with everyone to get all dialogue done. Thankfully they had lots of repeating after certain points so I didn’t have to go around and around and around.

Will he happy to get back to school to the house mystery even though I got to prepare for more round and round. I’m staying strong but I can’t guarantee I will keep this up through all the games. It’s wonderful but exhausting.

On 5/25/2020 at 1:18 PM, Briar King said:

I ll find out in a few hundred hours what y’all talking about. 

Ehhhh, a lot of the names we were dropping are from previous arcs and many of them don't appear in Cold Steel, or don't appear in gameplay.

2 hours ago, Briar King said:

Was

Reveal hidden contents

Crow

in the prologue?

saw this coming with dorm layout.

No, wasn't in the Prologue sequence. The official explanation is 'We wanted to avoid revealing that development beforehand'.

On 5/25/2020 at 10:12 PM, Eluvianii said:

Those two are twins both in looks and personality, can't wait to see that.

Apparently we also have English voice for Cassius now, I'm way too excited for this, considering I haven't finished any games in this arc. I can't even replay the previous ones since my laptop died recently. Hopefully next month things will recover enough to go out a little and work for a new one. One that can run these games this time.

Ooof, sorry to hear that.

And yeah, those two are probably gonna get along famously. Speaking of which, that update properly dropped and confirmed that Machias and Dudley do meet and have a sidestory 'Episode' to themselves.

Other things to come out of the update (spoil-tagged because it involves some later Cold Steel stuff and I'd hate to accidentally spoil Briar King)

Spoiler

- Mireille got a promotion.

- Cao finally shows up in combat and looks like he and Rixia are squaring off but we don't know the circumstances.

- Renne has her own plot thread involving the Rosenberg Studio and while it's not confirmed I have to assume they'll resolve the other plot thread of her family which they set up in CS4.

- Erika appears and Agate is so much a dead man walking... xD

- True Reverie Corridor will be available from early in the game and new routes through it will open up as the main story progresses. It will have its own bosses like the CS2 incarnation and defeating them grants Sealing Stones (returning from The 3rd) which are used to unlock Episodes and minigames. Incidentally this means that it will function a lot like Phantasma.

- Reverie Fragments obtained in the Corridor can be used to enhance your party in various ways.

- A new 'Scramble Raid' system exists and will involve characters not normally playable, but we don't have details.

- Screenshots confirm that Claire and Lecther are playable at least in the Corridor, as is Vita.

- Three Episodes have been shown: Two Justices (Dudley and Machias), School Symbol (Kloe, Lucy and Lechter) and Hexen Reminiscence (Emma, Vita and Roselia).

- In addition to the ones that come with the game, more Episodes will be available in the form of a free download.

- While not shown yet, Estelle and Joshua are confirmed to return along with 'unexpected characters from Liberl'.