WoK Video Shoutout

Child of Hodor

This video has probably been posted on here before. It was made in 2016 and has near 200K views. I had not seen it until Youtube recommended it to me a few minutes ago and I wanted to share it because I think it's neat. It's a CGI video of the scene in Way of Kings where Dalinar and Sadeas rescue Elhokar from the chasmfiend. 

A lot of great little touches, like the stormlight leaking from Dalinar's plate. 

Thanks for bringing this video to the forefront again - it is sooooooo excellent! I've been using it (with some successes!) to convince my non-reading/video-only friends to give Brandon's books a try, & the GraphicAudio version seems to appeal best to them.

If you view it on YouTube and read through the comments, it's amusing how easily you can tell whether the person is a Sander-fan or not, LOL!

The animator has another video where he tells how he & his team created it. You can really tell that he wanted to make it longer, but he was a student & had to meet a deadline for his class assignment. I can't imagine the amount of time & effort that went into it, and at the end he just got a grade, not any money! I hope he has gone on to a successful career.:)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Chaos locked this topic