Most obscure weakness

Koloss17

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/26/2021 at 0:47 AM, NotarySojac said:

It's not necessarily obscure in that it's particularly hard to trigger, but a rather amusing weakness that I came up with for a character I'm going to use in a fic is someone saying the word "Macbeth".

"Ever since he broke his leg going onstage for Macbeth, his confidence is shattered!"

"Why'd you say that name? You promised me that you would never say that name!"

"What? Macbeth?"

"Aaaggh!"

"Macbeth! Macbeth! Macbeth!"

"I'm not listening!"

• 1 month later...

Its not that obscure but how about mimicking them. Like playing “copycat” like kids do to annoy each other. You have to talk and say the things they are saying while doing the things they are doing. When they become annoyed by this you can kill them, but as soon as you stop mimicking them in any way or, if you are just not very good at it, they can not be killed. And it has to be the person doing the mimicking. It is like with Steelheart, (spoiler for Steelheart just in case) 

Spoiler

the person who does not fear him had to be the one to dealing the damage. Having a person in the room who was not afraid of him did not weaken him, the person who was not afraid of him had to do it.

Likewise, with this weakness, the person doing the mimicking has to be the one trying to hurt them but as soon as they stop mimicking them the epic is no longer vulnerable.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/4/2020 at 0:09 AM, Vessel of Theory said:

Well. That's certainly one way to take care of that nifty little weakness.

So, problem though, how would you ever figure out that this person has that weakness? Just lucky guessing that they don't have some kind of invulnerability? 

A bomb under the couch... I'm amazed, have a rep

Nuking the city would work to if you're alone at the time. Also, this would probably be an extreme extrovert.

On 7/26/2021 at 0:47 AM, NotarySojac said:

It's not necessarily obscure in that it's particularly hard to trigger, but a rather amusing weakness that I came up with for a character I'm going to use in a fic is someone saying the word "Macbeth".

Scottish Play!

Edit: Really sorry about the multi-posting

Edited by EmulatonStromenkiin

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Being bumped into,that is being bumped into on a Thursday, at 2.23:43 a.m. by someone carrying a copy of A la Recherche du temps perdu with a mustard stain in the shape of a duck on their shirt. At the same time on the exact other side of the world, someone opens a bottle of champagne while in freefall from an Aerocar painted blue, silver, green, red, black, and white in a sorta of checkerboard pattern.

now for my actual response, a punch to the stomach, from a 1 day old baby.

Edited by MadMax634