Who LOVES The Legend of Zelda!

Boomerang Guy

A lot of it looks good, but the broken sword actually worries me. Skyward Sword was one of my least favorite entries, and that clip with the sword reminds me heavily of Skyward Sword. Still probably worth getting  Switch for (well this and other things - this just pushes it over the edge).

52 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

There's really not any reason to be worried. It's probably just an excuse to go on a few side quests to repurify the blade or whatever.

maybe, but it might also be bringing back Fi.

I'm not really too worried - one of my bigger issues with Skyward Sword had to do with design choices (I hated the design for the 3 dragons, for instance). BotW 1 was already wildly better about that, so as long as they don't go backwards I think it should be OK.

26 minutes ago, Doomslug The Destroyer said:

(But that's obvious, as if I'm correct in my knowledge of the lore, the Goddess Sword became the Master Sword.)

Yeh. Goddess Sword + 3 Flames = Master Sword

3 minutes ago, Dunkum said:

maybe, but it might also be bringing back Fi.

I'm not really too worried - one of my bigger issues with Skyward Sword had to do with design choices (I hated the design for the 3 dragons, for instance). BotW 1 was already wildly better about that, so as long as they don't go backwards I think it should be OK.

I seriously doubt that BotW 2 would be anything like Skyward Sword

4 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Yeh. Goddess Sword + 3 Flames = Master Sword

I seriously doubt that BotW 2 would be anything like Skyward Sword

the damaged master sword and floating islands are both super reminiscent of Skyward Sword, so I think there is definitely a connection. and like I said, this is only even a slight concern to me because Skyward Sword is one of my least favorite zelda games - for a variety of reasons many of which could not be repeated fr BotW2 anyway.  overall I don't think there is really any worry that that influence will pervasive enough be a problem for me, but I can't shake a tiny worm of doubt.

• 2 months later...
20 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Anyone else having a hard time replaying Zelda games after you complete them? My favorite is Majora's Mask and I am hyped for BotW2.

depends on the game. i've played Link's Awakening like a dozen times and it never gets old, but on my 2nd playthrough of BotW right now and the exploration/discovery aspect is drastically scaled back because I have seen it all before, which is making it more of a drag than it was the first time through.

8 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

I get that too so when I get bored in BotW I go and raid the castle as it isn't too much of a challenge. I will replay a link between worlds but I have a hard time replaying Majora's Mask even though it's my favorite because I know where everything is.

i've replayed A Link Between Worlds a few times, even though I consider it a middling title.

• 4 weeks later...

Speaking of BotW, I just beat it yesterday. Or at least I beat the final boss. I've only done two of the divine beasts, have less than half the memories, and haven't gotten the DLC yet, so I've still got a ways to go before I've actually 'beaten' the game.

That's still plenty of stuff to do. For my part I don't think I could handle a serious second playthrough anytime soon. Once you finish you realize the game really doesn't have that many objectives. And raiding bokoblins for a weapon that will last you two battles doesn't seem so worth it anymore. I should buy the dlc. 

Wish I could start fresh, without any knowledge. Messing around with it for a few minutes every once in a while can still be fun though. 

10 minutes ago, Eluvianii said:

That's still plenty of stuff to do. For my part I don't think I could handle a serious second playthrough anytime soon. Once you finish you realize the game really doesn't have that many objectives. And raiding bokoblins for a weapon that will last you two battles doesn't seem so worth it anymore. I should buy the dlc. 

Wish I could start fresh, without any knowledge. Messing around with it for a few minutes every once in a while can still be fun though. 

the DLC has some fun little treasure hunts, where they give you clues as to where to get mostly new (nonupgradable) armors.  plus the new dungeon.  I breifely tried rials of the sword, but as best I could tell you had to get through it all in one go, and I don't have time for that.

otherwise, I am fully with you.  the best part of BotW was the exploration, and the problem with that is that once you've done it, you know where everything is, and it isn't nearly as fun anymore. still  little bit, if you delay long enough, but nowhere close to the level it was.

6 hours ago, Dunkum said:

the DLC has some fun little treasure hunts, where they give you clues as to where to get mostly new (nonupgradable) armors.  plus the new dungeon.  I breifely tried rials of the sword, but as best I could tell you had to get through it all in one go, and I don't have time for that.

otherwise, I am fully with you.  the best part of BotW was the exploration, and the problem with that is that once you've done it, you know where everything is, and it isn't nearly as fun anymore. still  little bit, if you delay long enough, but nowhere close to the level it was.

Well, it still sounds worth checking out. Not for a full playthrough but a bit of extra exploring.

I did try to do a nuzlocke of sorts. Nothing crazy, I'm just playing without using the map. That also means I don't activate any towers and don't use teleportation. Now, as you can tell from my post it still only inspires the occasional session but when I do play there is some of the sense of discovery that made the first run special present. Nowhere near all of it but it helps. 

19 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

I just have long droughts between playthroughs, which makes my exploration pretty blind. I never really explored much of the world in the first place, though, so that also helps.

my first playthrough I did all the shrines and all the memories.  only needed help on about 3 of the shrines even, but as a result, I explored the whole world pretty thoroughly. it's full of a lot of really cool stuff, but it's cool stuff I've seen already