The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints corner

On 3/25/2023 at 2:49 PM, Aes Sedai said:

Eeks, good luck Morningtide!

On 3/26/2023 at 6:52 AM, Shining Silhouette said:

Submitted my mission papers last night

Oh congrats! I hope you get to go somewhere cool! unless you'd rather not. Then I hope you get somewhere boring lol

3 minutes ago, Justice_Magician said:

Hehe yeah . . . as someone who lives in utah its pretty good

except this winter

because it snows 

and snows

and snows 

and snows

and snows

Reveal hidden contents

ITS MARCH FOR PETE'S SAKE LET ME SEE THE SUN

Other then that its great here :D

Oh my goodness yes. I live in Idaho, not Utah, but it snowed every day last week and there is about 2 feet of snow outside right now. LAST WEEK WAS SPRING BREAK. WHY IS IT SNOWING?!?!? I do like snow tho so I'm not too mad. Just a bit confused

1 minute ago, Morningtide said:

Oh congrats! I hope you get to go somewhere cool! unless you'd rather not. Then I hope you get somewhere boring lol

Oh my goodness yes. I live in Idaho, not Utah, but it snowed every day last week and there is about 2 feet of snow outside right now. LAST WEEK WAS SPRING BREAK. WHY IS IT SNOWING?!?!? I do like snow tho so I'm not too mad. Just a bit confused

Oh I'm super mad

I used to think snow was fine but not anymore 

Its gone to far

Spoiler

I'm glad you're not too upset though, it's good to be positive :P

5 minutes ago, Justice_Magician said:

Oh I'm super mad

I used to think snow was fine but not anymore 

Its gone to far

Reveal hidden contents

I'm glad you're not too upset though, it's good to be positive :P

Yeah at some point you just glare angrily at the weather and start yelling at it :P

It helps that winter is my favorite season lol!

51 minutes ago, Mason Wheeler said:

My brother says that in Utah, we don't have 4 seasons.  We have summer, we have winter, and in between we have brief border disputes between the two where they fight over which season it gets to be.

lol my mom says that too

every time I complain shes says: Its winter in the rockys dear, get used to it.

49 minutes ago, Shining Silhouette said:

I do indeed hope I go somewhere cool :D

Awesome! It'll be more exciting that way!

In Idaho, we don't have spring, we have winter part 2, rain and frozen mud season, and then summer :lol:

Edited by Morningtide

1 hour ago, Mason Wheeler said:

My brother says that in Utah, we don't have 4 seasons.  We have summer, we have winter, and in between we have brief border disputes between the two where they fight over which season it gets to be.

This is the most accurate description of weather

Okay the thing is...I'd describe Idaho or Colorado that way. Utah's seasons are always fighting for supremacy, hot just has an advantage in the summer and cold in the winter. The weather just changes as fast as it can, whenever it wants.

1 hour ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Basically pretty much wherever you go there are supposed to be four seasons. But the weather is like a toddler. And we are like the guardians of said toddler and have given up on controlling it so now we just try to guess its mood and what its going to do.

THIS

7 hours ago, Morningtide said:

Awesome! It'll be more exciting that way!

In Idaho, we don't have spring, we have winter part 2, rain and frozen mud season, and then summer :lol:

Lol. Idaho right now is definitely winter part 2. I'd say where I live in Idaho we have winter, winter part two, cool summer, summer, then fall. (cool summer being the end of spring where the snow's finally melted) The beginning of fall is personally my favorite, just because it isn't freaking hot, but it also isn't cold. 

According to a friend from Idaho, even summer can be winter; he said they once had snow on the Fourth of July.

Yeah my dad remembers snow on the 4th of July! That hasn't happened in my memory but a couple years ago we had about 6 inches of snow fall on the first day of summer break! We built a snowman

OK, since there are a bunch of people from Utah here, I might as well ask.  Do we have any locals here who are free tomorrow evening?

I was a crowdfunding backer of Angel Studios' new film His Only Son, and they sent me two tickets to the premiere event tomorrow in Vineyard.  I was going to go with my wife, but she works evenings and wasn't able to get the time off tomorrow, so now I have a second ticket and nothing to do with it.

First come, first served.  If you can make it to Megaplex Theatres at Geneva tomorrow by 5 PM, PM me and the premiere event ticket's yours.  You don't have to "attend with me" or sit by me; I just don't want it to go to waste.  The event runs until 9 PM; I don't know where in that 4-hour block the movie will actually be played.

EDIT: And the ticket's been claimed now.

Edited by Mason Wheeler

OK, since there are a bunch of people from Utah here, I might as well ask.  Do we have any locals here who are free tomorrow evening?

I was a crowdfunding backer of Angel Studios' new film His Only Son, and they sent me two tickets to the premiere event tomorrow in Vineyard.  I was going to go with my wife, but she works evenings and wasn't able to get the time off tomorrow, so now I have a second ticket and nothing to do with it.

First come, first served.  If you can make it to Megaplex Theatres at Geneva tomorrow by 5 PM, PM me and the premiere event ticket's yours.  You don't have to "attend with me" or sit by me; I just don't want it to go to waste.  The event runs until 9 PM; I don't know where in that 4-hour block the movie will actually be played.

EDIT: And the ticket's been claimed now.

I would've loved too, but my parents wouldn't have let me go alone anyway :P That sounds awesome though, have fun!