The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints corner

Aw, I'm going to FSY soon and I'm so excited! 

Also there was just an article about services the Church has provided to needy where I am, and guess what?

They used the correct name of the Church! Not a "mormon" in sight!

On 7/7/2023 at 9:57 AM, S. Stormy said:

Aw, I'm going to FSY soon and I'm so excited! 

Also there was just an article about services the Church has provided to needy where I am, and guess what?

They used the correct name of the Church! Not a "mormon" in sight!

You should be, it's amazing

and that is awesome.

4 hours ago, 2EmLee2 said:

I was just thinking… what if some of us are going to FSY at the same campus in the same week? It would be awesome if we could somehow meet up!

There’s kind of a chance we are cause we live in the same state, but I kinda doubt it due to the differences in where in the state 

That being said… mine is in Seattle

Yeah, I’m going to UNC Wilmington for mine, and there aren’t a lot of people from the south on the shard. It would be cool if it were possible!

4 hours ago, 2EmLee2 said:

I was just thinking… what if some of us are going to FSY at the same campus in the same week? It would be awesome if we could somehow meet up!

9 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

There’s kind of a chance we are cause we live in the same state, but I kinda doubt it due to the differences in where in the state 

That being said… mine is in Seattle

• 2 weeks later...

Ahh, I'm supposed to give a talk in church tomorrow and my bishop only told me this yesterday.

Did I do anything about it yesterday?

No.

So here we go.

Writing a talk in one day.

I want a lot longer to get used to the idea.

Urf.

Hate to break it, but I don't believe in the LDS church or currently any religion atm. I haven't told anyone and I'm too afraid because I fear judgement, but because I only have one year left before I move out, I'll just stick to pretending I'm still a part of the religion for my parents and friends in high school. I have many reasons as to why I no longer believe, and I don't think any convincing can bring me back. I just don't see any of the religious texts as credible anymore at all, so quoting them won't help either. I sound close minded, but the reason why I left was because I considered both sides of the argument being that Christianity and the Mormon church is true vs untrue. 

Edited by Cone Slice

17 minutes ago, Cone Slice said:

Hate to break it, but I don't believe in the LDS church or currently any religion atm. I haven't told anyone and I'm too afraid because I fear judgement, but because I only have one year left before I move out, I'll just stick to pretending I'm still a part of the religion for my parents and friends in high school. I have many reasons as to why I no longer believe, and I don't think any convincing can bring me back. I just don't see any of the religious texts as credible anymore at all, so quoting them won't help either. I sound close minded, but the reason why I left was because I considered both sides of the argument being that Christianity and the Mormon church is true vs untrue. 

Hey, it's okay. We all have doubts, and I'm proud of you for considering the sides of the arguments. If you don't think it fits for you, that's okay. Know that we love you and always will. 

But, I know you said you don't think any convincing can work, but can I say something in a PM to you, if you're fine with that. If you don't want to, that's totally fine. It's up to you if you want to do it, all I'm saying. 

My stake just rearranged boundaries and I'm a bit sad. :( Id been in my old ward for 5 years and almost nobody from that is in my new one! My house is in a weird place so we knew that we weren't going to be with most people from our former ward, but they did something funny and my whole street got shuffled a mile away into a ward where we don't know anyone. And to make matters worse, basically the only change to our new ward is the addition of my street, so everyone will already know each other! Feeling kinda stressed but we're in an amazing area and I'm sure the new ward will be nice. 

19 hours ago, Morningtide said:

My stake just rearranged boundaries and I'm a bit sad. :( Id been in my old ward for 5 years and almost nobody from that is in my new one! My house is in a weird place so we knew that we weren't going to be with most people from our former ward, but they did something funny and my whole street got shuffled a mile away into a ward where we don't know anyone. And to make matters worse, basically the only change to our new ward is the addition of my street, so everyone will already know each other! Feeling kinda stressed but we're in an amazing area and I'm sure the new ward will be nice. 

I feel you. We had new boundaries implemented a few months ago, (we didn’t change wards) but I remember moving to a new house within our stake and knowing no one. It was stressful, but now I know people from several wards so stake activities are really cool because now I know tons of people!

I love church summer camps. And seminary. I love learning about the gospel and focusing on feeling the spirit. Trek was a mind refresh this year and it really helped me to refocus on what is important and I hope to keep this new mindset.

23 hours ago, Lightweaver2 said:

You don’t have early morning seminary do you :P

I do actually. But I got friends and have had great teachers every year(the last couple were Sanderfans too). And I love deep dives into doctrine. Plus early morning is a great start to the day.

21 hours ago, 2EmLee2 said:

OK I LOVE SEMINARY SO MUCH AND I HEAVE EARLY MORNING ITS LITERALLY MY FAVORITE PART OF THE DAY!!! (When it’s not summer of course)

I want summer seminary. Except that my shift at work starts at 7 A.M. and is 20 min away so I couldn't do early morning.

48 minutes ago, Lego Mistborn said:

I do actually. But I got friends and have had great teachers every year(the last couple were Sanderfans too). And I love deep dives into doctrine. Plus early morning is a great start to the day.

Yeah, I agree, when I am focused early morning seminary is a really good way to start the day. However, I’ve also found that it can be very hard to focus when I’m tired. I wish I could have Sanderfan teachers, that would be awesome.