The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints corner

1 minute ago, Ookla the Immortal said:

it was incredible, and very different than what i thought it would be, and very different from what my siblings got. My patriarch said said that there were at least four things he's never told anyone else before

That is amazing cacophony! Patriarchal blessings are so amazing.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Silver said:

Quick question, what is like the noun word for the People of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints? Because PoTCoJCoLDS is a mouthful and the M word is out. 

Members of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, I believe. It’s a mouthful but it’s who we are.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Just now, Ookla the foolish said:

Members of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, I believe. It’s a mouthful but it’s who we are.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Oh god 🥲 
I need to save this to my clipboard

8 hours ago, Eran of Arcadia said:

It's okay to call us Latter-day Saints though, if it weren't then the name of the Church would make no sense.

That's probably the name i'll go with.

7 minutes ago, Quirksliver said:

I'm pretty sure President Nelson said we shouldn't call ourselves "Latter-Day Saints" because it has the same problem "Mormons" did - it takes out the name of Christ.

I'm going with Christians.

Latter-Day Saints Christians?

Part of why I'm going with just "Christians" is because we believe in Christ, just like the other Christian groups do, and I would rather emphasize that most-important similarity than emphasize all the different pieces that are different and that many others don't fully understand. Yes, there are things we believe differently from other Christian groups, but we all believe that Christ lived then and lives now, He loves us, He died for our sins, and because of Him we can live with God again.

@Ookla the Silver (this isn't an RP, you don't have to speak in quote boxes.)

Edited by Quirksliver

1 hour ago, Slowswift said:

Elder Patrick Kearon is the newest member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles! I'm so unbelievably happy about this. His talk last year is one of my favorites. And it turns out, I remember his first Conference talk very well--I'd just forgotten it was him!

It was surreal seeing the picture of him as the newest member of the quorum this morning. I saw him at a Stake Conference I had like last year. 

My seminary teacher was saying on Thursday that we weren't going to replace elder Ballard yet.

Stormit, I was hoping we'd have Ballard's face on the wall a bit longer. It'll feel wrong without him being up there. Been there my whole life... Well, new apostles come, old apostles go.

*sigh*

Guess I'll finally have to accept that we have a new apostle and that Elder Ballard is dead.

5 hours ago, Ookla the Black Sock said:

It was surreal seeing the picture of him as the newest member of the quorum this morning. I saw him at a Stake Conference I had like last year. 

I know how you feel. Back in 2004, I was a student at BYU-Idaho, watching General Conference, and they announced that the new Apostles to replace Elders Haight and Maxwell, both of whom had died recently, would be Dieter F. Uchtdorf and David A. Bednar.

Well, we all know what Elder Uchtdorf did for a living.  We all know!  But Elder Bednar's career was in education, and at the time of this conference, he was currently serving as the President of BYU-Idaho.  Boy did our entire campus freak out at this news!