The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints corner

8 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

A Jesus Ketek, cuz I’m bored and my friend gave me the idea:

Help, him without fallen soul. Our savior. Our souls fall, without his help.

Is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

Edited by The Isochronism

“When we keep the spirit of Christmas, we keep the Spirit of Christ, for the Christmas spirit is the Christ Spirit. It will block out all the distractions around us which can diminish Christmas and swallow up its true meaning.

“There is no better time than now, this very Christmas season, for all of us to rededicate ourselves to the principles taught by Jesus Christ.

“Because He came to earth, we have a perfect example to follow. As we strive to become more like Him, we will have joy and happiness in our lives and peace each day of the year. It is His example which, if followed, stirs within us more kindness and love, more respect and concern for others.

“Because He came, there is meaning to our mortal existence.

“Because He came, we know how to reach out to those in trouble or distress, wherever they may be.

“Because He came, death has lost its sting, the grave its victory. We will live again because He came.

“Because He came and paid for our sins, we have the opportunity to gain eternal life.”

The Christmas season is a time to reflect and act upon the blessings and opportunities we have because of the birth, life, Atonement, and Resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ. As our Heavenly Father “so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,” we express our love toward one another and toward God and His precious Son by giving of ourselves.

—gospel topics.

Merry Christmas!

I received a blessing yesterday that was the answer to many months of struggling with health challenges (mental and physical). It’s not all immediately better but I have hope and guidance which I didn't have before.

There is great power in the priesthood. 

Have a wonderful Christmas all 

7 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

I received a blessing yesterday that was the answer to many months of struggling with health challenges (mental and physical). It’s not all immediately better but I have hope and guidance which I didn't have before.

There is great power in the priesthood. 

Have a wonderful Christmas all 

Merry christmas. Your story reminds me of when my older brother left on his mission last year. My family was struggling because of it, so the night before he left to the MTC, we all got priesthood blessings. The moment my older brother laid his hands on my head, I knew he would be okay :) merry Christmas all!

56 minutes ago, Roosif said:

Merry christmas. Your story reminds me of when my older brother left on his mission last year. My family was struggling because of it, so the night before he left to the MTC, we all got priesthood blessings. The moment my older brother laid his hands on my head, I knew he would be okay :) merry Christmas all!

I'm working on my papers right now :D

“The world waits for a miracle. The heart longs for a little bit of hope oh come, oh come, Emmanuel.”

This year my family’s been trying a lot more to celebrate the life of Christ, not just His birth, and guys…oh, man, guys.

He lives. He lives.

Emmanuel means God with us, and I’ve felt that so strong this last week especially. He is with us, today and always. He was born, He lived on Earth, He died, and He rose again. Our Savior lives. He is with us, even in the darkest and loneliest of times. 

Wherever you all are, and whatever you’re all going through right now, let the hope of Christ’s life be with you. Let Him comfort you, because He is here for whatever’s coming next.

(wow I seem to randomly pop in on this thread and do this a lot…heehee my heart is full)

Merry Christmas!

11 hours ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

You’re not allowed to say, otherwise you won’t go there

Haha, fair. But we have this big old map, and before my brother opened his mission call we took a dry erase marker and put our initials where we thought where he would go. I guessed Buenos Aries, Argentina. He opened the mission call annnnnnd.... Buenos Aries, Argentina. i guessed it lol.

I recently got a priesthood blessing. I was so nervous to ask my dad for it, but as soon as I did I knew I made the right choice. He took me into his room, closing the door and laying his hands on my head. The words he said brought me comfort. But there was another thing that he said; "Listen to His promptings. But as you ignore them, they will be harder to hear." I realized that I had been ignoring the Holy Ghost recently, and that's why I've been sad, depressed, and overall crappy. I am so grateful for the priesthood ^ ^ It brings me peace that the world can not.

20 minutes ago, Roosif said:

I recently got a priesthood blessing. I was so nervous to ask my dad for it, but as soon as I did I knew I made the right choice. He took me into his room, closing the door and laying his hands on my head. The words he said brought me comfort. But there was another thing that he said; "Listen to His promptings. But as you ignore them, they will be harder to hear." I realized that I had been ignoring the Holy Ghost recently, and that's why I've been sad, depressed, and overall crappy. I am so grateful for the priesthood ^ ^ It brings me peace that the world can not.

That's kinda what mine was like in a way. Glad you got guidance and comfort ☺️ ❤️

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2023 at 1:21 PM, Roosif said:

Thanks for posting! I offer blessings to people around me (and gave one recently), but your post reminded me that it's long past time that I should ask for one. Thanks again

17 hours ago, Brik_head said:

Thanks for posting! I offer blessings to people around me (and gave one recently), but your post reminded me that it's long past time that I should ask for one. Thanks again

Ofc :) glad I could help!

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

The new deacons in my ward are so cute and tiny- I refuse to believe I ever looked like that.

XD and to imagine you did. My cousin is going into the deacons today, he's super excited