The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints corner

14 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Wow that escalated quickly.

I like the Book of Mormon and Jesus.

Can we agree on that?

Everyone?

Yep

Well I was part of a service project to help build the Palmyra Temple, my ward was the first youth group to do baptisms there, and it's where I got my endowments.

On the other hand I was sealed to both my parents, and my wife in the Washington DC Temple.

love the Manti, UT temple (it looks like a castle, and when the sun is setting behind it just right...it feels like a whole other world). But I don't think I've ever felt the spirit as strong as at the Nauvoo temple.

My favorite temple is the Logan UT one, I love how it looks like a castle. (Plus I also y'know . . . maybe sort of . . . kind of . . . 

Spoiler

. . .

Spoiler

. . .

Spoiler

got'ya stalkers! hehehe you thought I was gonna say I live there

Spoiler

not denying just not confirming either :ph34r:

Headed to FSY tomorrow!

I’m super excited but also nervous, and I’m a huge procrastinator so I’m not even packed yet…whoops.

39 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Headed to FSY tomorrow!

I’m super excited but also nervous, and I’m a huge procrastinator so I’m not even packed yet…whoops.

AHH! OH MY GOSH HAVE FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!

MAKE SOME MEMORIES!!

CRY ON SATURDAY MORNING BECAUSE YOU'RE GOING TO MISS EVERYONE SO MUCH!!

Y'know how it is.

12 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

Headed to FSY tomorrow!

It's amazing.

YOU GET OUT A LOT MORE THAN YOU PUT IN, BUT YOU DO HAVE TO PUT EFFORT IN!!!!!!! DON'T BE THE PERSON THAT IS JUST THERE!

I’m headed  to FSY as well, though sadly not the same one as Eddie. It should be fun, it was last time, and hopefully it’ll help me get my love back on track.

Also, morning frisbee is the absolute best way to prepare for a lot of things, somewhat long drives and church camps are no exception.

1 hour ago, Weaver of Lies said:

I’m headed  to FSY as well, though sadly not the same one as Eddie. It should be fun, it was last time, and hopefully it’ll help me get my love back on track.

Also, morning frisbee is the absolute best way to prepare for a lot of things, somewhat long drives and church camps are no exception.

(YOU HAVE FUN TOOOO!!)

(WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE)

On 5/26/2024 at 11:07 PM, Through The Living Glass said:

AHH! OH MY GOSH HAVE FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!

MAKE SOME MEMORIES!!

CRY ON SATURDAY MORNING BECAUSE YOU'RE GOING TO MISS EVERYONE SO MUCH!!

Y'know how it is.

On 5/27/2024 at 10:28 AM, Immortal Platypus said:

It's amazing.

YOU GET OUT A LOT MORE THAN YOU PUT IN, BUT YOU DO HAVE TO PUT EFFORT IN!!!!!!! DON'T BE THE PERSON THAT IS JUST THERE!

Y’all I can’t even describe how incredible it was.

I’m speechless.

And yet…

Stars, it’s so hard to change and stay changed. But I’m trying, and I’ll keep trying, and that’s all we can do. Grace is a powerful thing.

I’m actually going a few weeks from now(haven’t been there yet, because my birthday and FSY didn’t align AT ALL)

Edited by Vyzkel Willbender

Oh, I meant to mention this a while back but--

New hymns, y'all!

I'm especially thrilled to see "It Is Well With My Soul" and "He Is Born, the Divine Christ Child" included. The former has been my all-time favorite hymn since I heard it five-ish years ago, and the latter is one of my favorite carols. (I knew it as a kid by the original French name, "Il est né, le divin Enfant", and listened to it to the point of exhaustion--well, my parents were exhausted. I never got tired of it.)

ETA: Still holding out hope to see "Pilgrim Song" and maybe "Down in the River to Pray".

Edited by Slowswift

1 minute ago, Slowswift said:

Oh, I meant to mention this a while back but--

New hymns, y'all!

I'm especially thrilled to see "It Is Well With My Soul" and "He Is Born, the Divine Christ Child" included. The former has been my all-time favorite hymn since I heard it five-ish years ago, and the latter is one of my favorite carols. (I knew it as a kid by the original French name, "Il est né, le divin Enfant", and listened to it to the point of exhaustion--well, my parents were exhausted. I never got tired of it.)

That’s awesome!!!

1 minute ago, Edema Rue said:

Study tip!!

When reading the Book of Mormon, replace “it came to pass” with “I kid you not”

It works I promise.

Lol, I'll have to try that. :D 

Speaking of repetive phrases in the BoM, I've been reading in Ether and I swear he was deliberately trying to see how many times he could fit "tight like unto a dish" into a single verse.