The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints corner

I wonder what the furthest spot from any temple in the world is. Most likely just smack in the middle of the pacific, now that there are prolific numbers of temples on every continent.

3 minutes ago, Lego Mistborn said:

I wonder what the furthest spot from any temple in the world is. Most likely just smack in the middle of the pacific, now that there are prolific numbers of temples on every continent.

Hmm we should figure it out

Or check reddit

Someone on reddit has probably figured it out

11 hours ago, Pineap-spider said:

How great is Utah, that the nearby temple can close, and it’s not that big a deal?

sorry to all those who don’t live in Utah. It’s pretty great here

Actually, I'm not in Utah. I just have enough free time that 3 hours there and back doesn't stop me.

12 hours ago, Vyzkel said:

I literally have a temple ten minutes away in every direction.

In 2020, before the pandemic, I was working at an office in South Jordan.  We could see two different temples out one of the windows!

11 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

When you have to debate with friends which temple you should go to.

I don't think I've ever had that debate.  Your ward (or maybe your stake; not sure which) is assigned to a specific temple district, generally the one that's closest to you, and you go there by default unless you have a specific reason to go somewhere else.

12 hours ago, Pineap-spider said:

How great is Utah, that the nearby temple can close, and it’s not that big a deal?

sorry to all those who don’t live in Utah. It’s pretty great here

When I was in Pennsylvania, before they opened the temple in Philly it was a 4-hour drive to DC.  Shortly after that, the DC temple closed for renovations, and the people there had to drive 4 hours to Philadelphia!

12 minutes ago, Mason Wheeler said:

When I was in Pennsylvania, before they opened the temple in Philly it was a 4-hour drive to DC.  Shortly after that, the DC temple closed for renovations, and the people there had to drive 4 hours to Philadelphia!

image.png.d3b7dd7a72276734fc5351234ec901cd.png

1 hour ago, Mason Wheeler said:

I don't think I've ever had that debate.  Your ward (or maybe your stake; not sure which) is assigned to a specific temple district, generally the one that's closest to you, and you go there by default unless you have a specific reason to go somewhere else.

Some people (cough cough Utah cough cough) go to school with people from several different stakes. Plus people like to visit other temples because each one is uniquely decorated.

1 hour ago, Mason Wheeler said:

When I was in Pennsylvania, before they opened the temple in Philly it was a 4-hour drive to DC.  Shortly after that, the DC temple closed for renovations, and the people there had to drive 4 hours to Philadelphia

I lived in DC and moved just before they closed for renovations. But I got to go back for the DC open house as well.

1 hour ago, Lego Mistborn said:

Some people (cough cough Utah cough cough) go to school with people from several different stakes. Plus people like to visit other temples because each one is uniquely decorated.

Fair enough.  Back when I was in school, I was not living in Utah.

4 hours ago, Lego Mistborn said:

I lived in DC and moved just before they closed for renovations. But I got to go back for the DC open house as well.

Also, my closest temple is actually not the one I'm assigned to.

I kinda just go to whichever one whenever. You go early enough in the morning and you don't really even need an appointment.

20 hours ago, Mason Wheeler said:

Fair enough.  Back when I was in school, I was not living in Utah.

Yeah…I think my high school has about 6 different stakes. It’s crazy.

Started my day today listening to some Conference talks--something I haven't done for a while. It had a marked affect on the quality of my day.

(It helped that they were both Pres. Holland: "The Cost--and Blessings--of Discipleship", from 4/2014, and "Tomorrow the Lord Will Do Wonders among You", from 4/2016.)

1 hour ago, Eran of Arcadia said:

I was, for 3 years, the only member in my entire high school.

Hah, except for siblings, it's was 6 years for me, except for inactive members who wanted nothing to do with the church.

15 minutes ago, Unintelligenius said:

I don't know if its ever been done before but my brother did it. He told the story of the dog and the dragon in his missionary homecoming talk and it was awesome. @Experience good job!!!

...is Experience your brother?

49 minutes ago, Unintelligenius said:

I don't know if its ever been done before but my brother did it. He told the story of the dog and the dragon in his missionary homecoming talk and it was awesome. @Experience good job!!!

Wait, when was this talk? I know exp got back since I've been on the shard, but I don't remember when.

Dang, I never realized. Makes sense why he was infrequent on here though. Silly silly me I guess.

Edit: if by chance anyone is at institute tomorrow and sees a guy in a t-shirt that says there were books involved introduce yourself, please.

Edited by Lego Mistborn