The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints corner

Guys it's a new year! My youngest brother is a deacon now, which really messes with my brain but it's exciting.

...also, there are 4 wards in my building, so I now have church at 1:30. Anyone else have really late (or early) times?

30 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

..also, there are 4 wards in my building, so I now have church at 1:30. Anyone else have really late (or early) times?

I too have 1:30 church 😅.  made fasting during church a little extra tough

38 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Guys it's a new year! My youngest brother is a deacon now, which really messes with my brain but it's exciting.

...also, there are 4 wards in my building, so I now have church at 1:30. Anyone else have really late (or early) times?

I have 9:00 am church. 

5 minutes ago, Brik_head said:

I too have 1:30 church 😅.  made fasting during church a little extra tough

For me, that time is easier for me to fast.

6 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

The new deacons in my ward are so cute and tiny- I refuse to believe I ever looked like that.

Cute and tiny for about a month, and then you want to lock em away because they're freakishly annoying. We weren't like that though. We were better. And less tiny.

7 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

The new deacons in my ward are so cute and tiny- I refuse to believe I ever looked like that.

agreed

1 hour ago, Lego Mistborn said:

Cute and tiny for about a month, and then you want to lock em away because they're freakishly annoying. We weren't like that though. We were better. And less tiny.

My younger brother is a deacon. I already want to lock him away. I got to ordain him today :D 

Every time I visit the home ward I'm taken aback by all the little gremlins passing the sacrament. I love to see it, but it's very much not what I'm used to. (Singles wards have ruined me on the sacrament experience, tbh)

11 minutes ago, Immortal Platypus said:

we got ordained at the same time, so they ordained me first so I could be part of his circle

That’s really cool, the same thing happened with my siblings two years ago.

17 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

...also, there are 4 wards in my building, so I now have church at 1:30. Anyone else have really late (or early) times

I had this years ago when my building was under renovation. We had to move over to the stake center for probably like 6 months and I don't think I could do that again. I think we probably started around 1 or 2 This was back during 3 hour church and our stake center is over a half hour away. It's rough for sure.

37 minutes ago, The Honorable One said:

There aren't enough young men in my ward to fulfill all the sacrament roles, so we almost always have to ask the missionaries to help.

My first area on my mission, my companion was in the Branch Presidency.  That's how I really knew I wasn't in Kansas anymore! 🤯

13 hours ago, Mason Wheeler said:

Argentina

My older brother is serving in Argentina! Buenos Aries, North mission to be exact. I miss him sometimes... he loves it there though, the view from his apartment is amazing

3 minutes ago, Roosif said:

My older brother is serving in Argentina! Buenos Aries, North mission to be exact. I miss him sometimes... he loves it there though, the view from his apartment is amazing

Two of my youth leaders served there! 

I think…