Hello there!

MDA65

4 minutes ago, Mist said:

Welcome! What's your favorite Sanderson book? What have you read?

Thanks.

I already read the whole current Cosmere, Reckoners and Skyward.

My favourite book so far has been Hero of Ages.

1 minute ago, AonEne said:

Welcome to the Shard! What are you most hyped for in ROW? 

Thanks. Glad to be here.

Well, Lift is my favourite Sanderson character, so I'm hoping she has at least one chapter. But what I'm really looking forward is for the Lirin POVs. Kaladin's parents hold a special place in my hearth.

@R J Thank you! :lol:

I think I'd be a coinshot, so I could move freely around the city. (I spend around 3 hours to going to, and coming back from school... Well, I used to, before all this)

What about you?

PS: I like your quote from Cloud Atlas, by the way.

12 minutes ago, MDA65 said:

@R J Thank you! :lol:

I think I'd be a coinshot, so I could move freely around the city. (I spend around 3 hours to going to, and coming back from school... Well, I used to, before all this)

What about you?

PS: I like your quote from Cloud Atlas, by the way.

Thanks! I'm afraid of heights, so Coinshots are out. I think I'll like to be an Electrum Misting or a Rioter or Soother

What about Feruchemical powers?

14 minutes ago, R J said:

Thanks! I'm afraid of heights, so Coinshots are out. I think I'll like to be an Electrum Misting or a Rioter or Soother

What about Feruchemical powers?

Oh, that's a good reason. It'd be horrible to have a power you don't like to use.

I think I'd also go for steel. Speed might be fun to use and to store. Though, copper and tin are very tempting.

8 hours ago, MDA65 said:

Hi @Emi !

I'd love to be an edgedancer. Their oaths align well with my way of seeing the world. Plus, being under the command of Lift has to be super fun.

What about you?

Hi, sorry that answering took me such a long time (I was sleeping):ph34r:

So, I always wanted to fly, this is my immortal wish and I'm actually doing everything to be as close as I can to this state. Because of that I would like to be either a windrunner or a skbreaker

1 hour ago, Emi said:

Hi, sorry that answering took me such a long time (I was sleeping):ph34r:

So, I always wanted to fly, this is my immortal wish and I'm actually doing everything to be as close as I can to this state. Because of that I would like to be either a windrunner or a skbreaker

Dont worry, we all have things to do IRL. I should be getting to sleep soon, indeed.

It's funny, my mom also wants to be a windrunner so she could fly; that and Kaladin being her favourite character.

That's a great dream you have! I'm tempted to ask you more about it. Then again, it's already 1 am over here. Also, you might want to keep the details for yourself from a stranger.

Anyway, I wish you good luck with it! (This is not to undermine you effort. I believe if you are already doing everything you can, then luck doesn't hurt)

23 minutes ago, MDA65 said:

Dont worry, we all have things to do IRL. I should be getting to sleep soon, indeed.

It's funny, my mom also wants to be a windrunner so she could fly; that and Kaladin being her favourite character.

That's a great dream you have! I'm tempted to ask you more about it. Then again, it's already 1 am over here. Also, you might want to keep the details for yourself from a stranger.

Anyway, I wish you good luck with it! (This is not to undermine you effort. I believe if you are already doing everything you can, then luck doesn't hurt)

If you really want to ask me more you can check my AMA:P

And good night!

Battle of the Enes!

Thank you right back at you! I actively try to do that actually, engage newcomers, I mean. It makes me happy. When I joined most of the Intro threads were very empty, except for the kind efforts of @Wander89 and @Aragorn, so I decided to do the same, making people feel welcome

33 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

Hello and welcome to the shard!!!  Where tenth pancakes and sticks are held in the highest regard.  What's your favorite non-Sanderson book?

I was gone for 6 years, and we end up with pancakes??? Whatever happened to WAFFLES? 

---

Welcome @MDA65! I just got here too. I think it's cool that your mom is also a Sanderfan. Way to go!

9 hours ago, MDA65 said:

I’m not sure how I did that, sorry :ph34r: But you’re welcome! I’m glad you feel that way :D Edit: welp it appears to have disappeared. Your message was previously right next to the timestamp and ___ said bit. 

9 hours ago, R J said:

Battle of the Enes!

(It keeps happening, people accidentally tagging or adding the other Aon Ene instead of me. Don’t worry about it) 

2 hours ago, Quitecontrary said:

I was gone for 6 years, and we end up with pancakes??? Whatever happened to WAFFLES? 

Oh trust me, those are much more popular. Take a step into the FGRS subforum and you’ll see it pretty quick :P 

Edited by AonEne

2 hours ago, Aragorn said:

Hello and welcome to the shard!!!  Where tenth pancakes and sticks are held in the highest regard.  What's your favorite non-Sanderson book?

Thank you very much!!

It must be one among Marquez's "One Hundred Years of Solitude", "Les Misérables", and Clarke's (and McQuay's) "Richter 10"

8 minutes ago, AonEne said:

(It keeps happening, people accidentally tagging or adding the other Aon Ene instead of me. Don’t worry about it) 

Oh, my. I'll be more careful

10 hours ago, Emi said:

Actually it is @AonEne without space, but that's only advice for later:P

Thank you :wacko: