On 2/25/2023 at 8:40 AM, Elf said:

So remember i said i was hoplessly infatuated with  someone? 

I asked them out 

They said yes!

That's great! 

On 2/24/2023 at 10:35 PM, Cinnamon said:

Just kinda go with what you do know. If you want to delve deeper into the interwebs I’m sure you could find plenty of information but that may just confuse you more. The way I’m understanding quoiromantic to mean is that I am confused not only by what my romantic attraction is but also between whether any attraction I feel is romantic or platonic. 
Theres a lot that everyone doesn’t know and knew terms and identities are cropping up all the time this is so people know that there is room for them in the community. Technically any of this falls under the aromantic umbrella but everyone experiences aromanticism in different ways and in different amounts. The different terms and identities allow clarification and acceptance for people who might be trying to understand who they are. Especially if they meet someone who identifies as what they identify as but experience it differently, seeing that there are all different ways to be certain things let’s them know that they don’t just have it wrong it just might be different.

I also think I might be quioromantic, as I am pretty sure I have romantic feelings for a friend, but I can not tell if it's platonic or not

On 2/27/2023 at 8:15 AM, Witless of Shinovar said:

That's great! 

I also think I might be quioromantic, as I am pretty sure I have romantic feelings for a friend, but I can not tell if it's platonic or not

That sounds hard. Unfortunately, I have no idea what would make for good advice.

Good luck?

19 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

That sounds hard. Unfortunately, I have no idea what would make for good advice.

Good luck?

Thanks I guess?

Spoiler

As a side note, I freaking love that half of the PFPs I see are the sanderson one

thanks, it probably wouldn’t have worked out anyway since she’s in a completely different social circle and we only talk when we have classes together, but… still.

i’m happy that she trusts me enough to come out to me tho :3

1 minute ago, Shadowed said:

thanks, it probably wouldn’t have worked out anyway since she’s in a completely different social circle and we only talk when we have classes together, but… still.

i’m happy that she trusts me enough to come out to me tho :3

Yeah, that’s awesome and even if you can’t be together romantically maybe you can be super great friends now? I know I have made some really good friends from people who liked me at one point :]

• 2 weeks later...

It's me. Hi. 

I have a recommendatiooooooon for you gay souls out there who long for gay stories.

I recently read the most emotionally impactful piece of literature since I read Mistborn back in 7th grade. It’s about an 18 year old Jewish boy going to college and dealing with the trauma of his abusive father and estranged brother. But the meat of the story is him falling in love with his roommate and hating himself for being gay because it's 1969 and homophobia sucks. It is…. Literally, no exaggeration here, the most beautifully written piece I have ever read. There are motifs and themes and pretty formatting and just... so. Many. Feels. If you follow me (y'all, what are you even doing if you don't?) then you remember that big ol' mental health status update I posted a few weeks back? That was something I wrote in response to that story. 

Spoiler

This is the part where I have to tell you that this piece is a Gravity Falls fan fic BUT DON'T LET THAT TURN YOU OFF because I swear you can understand and enjoy it without having seen a second of the show. The story the author had to tell just happened to work with Alex Hirsch's characters. 

Here's a quote, as proof of the friggin' artistry of this work: “The distance between their pinkies might as well have been the distance between this world’s sun and the next, full of entire night skies they’d never witness, inky blacks and hues of blue untouched by humanity. Neil Armstrong had gone farther than any other man on God’s green earth earlier that summer, but he would never explore such a space if he continued his trek for his entire lifetime.”

Here's the link, but I will warn you right now that there is the amount of swearing you would expect from teenage boys, drug and alcohol use, vulgar references, and violence. But nothing sexually explicit, woohoo! Oh yeah and there’s an attempted suicide, but like…. It is the most beautifully written part of the whole thing, so. Yeah, please read it, I know all of you have good taste in literature already. 

https://archiveofourown.org/works/6885211?view_full_work=true

Spoiler

And for those of you who read this whole post, I reward you with fan art I am in the process of making for this fan fiction dear god what am I doing with my liiiiiiife-

IMG_7671.thumb.jpg.a95c169a421c5e49c7a424394f207e39.jpg

5 hours ago, Zephrun’s Imperium said:

Reveal hidden contents

This is the part where I have to tell you that this piece is a Gravity Falls fan fic BUT DON'T LET THAT TURN YOU OFF because I swear you can understand and enjoy it without having seen a second of the show. The story the author had to tell just happened to work with Alex Hirsch's characters. 

Here's a quote, as proof of the friggin' artistry of this work: “The distance between their pinkies might as well have been the distance between this world’s sun and the next, full of entire night skies they’d never witness, inky blacks and hues of blue untouched by humanity. Neil Armstrong had gone farther than any other man on God’s green earth earlier that summer, but he would never explore such a space if he continued his trek for his entire lifetime.”

Here's the link, but I will warn you right now that there is the amount of swearing you would expect from teenage boys, drug and alcohol use, vulgar references, and violence. But nothing sexually explicit, woohoo! Oh yeah and there’s an attempted suicide, but like…. It is the most beautifully written part of the whole thing, so. Yeah, please read it, I know all of you have good taste in literature already. 

https://archiveofourown.org/works/6885211?view_full_work=true

Reveal hidden contents

And for those of you who read this whole post, I reward you with fan art I am in the process of making for this fan fiction dear god what am I doing with my liiiiiiife-

IMG_7671.thumb.jpg.a95c169a421c5e49c7a424394f207e39.jpg

Star i hate fanfic with a burning passion (don't ask why i don't want to talk about it) but storms. That was an insane hook. I'll read it.

ALSO! Gay people please please please PLEASE i am begging you read The Locked Tomb series. Most unique and incredible books i have ever read. I'm begging i need to talk about it with someone PLEASE READ THEM theY ARE WILD AND INSANE AND SO UNIQUE please please please

Sorry i'd write something really good and convincing like Star but it's 10:30 and i'm in an airport typing on my phone and i am quite tired and can't summon the brain power

LOVE U GUYS BYE oh also if anyone wanted to read Surrender Your Sons that'd be cool. Do the audiobook though because i could not stop laughing while i was listening to it and it was due to the narrator's perfect accent and delivery (and the writing but the narrator was so good). Also it greatly increased my conversion camp fear. Anyway

BYE

Three things, first a follow-up to my reading recommendation and then two pieces of g a y in my life.

For those of you who do end up reading Jersey Boy, y'all better update me the heck out of your reading experience. I've been forcing asking my friends to read it left and right (I read aloud the first two chapters to my roommates on my spring break trip and they absolutely l o v e d it) because that friggin' story has taken over my thoughts and I just cannot get enough of it. I have plans for SEVERAL pieces of art based on it (hey that's good advertising! Y'all, read Jersey Boy so you can see and understand the cuteness I'll be putting out) and I literally re-read moments of it way too often. Also a bit of advice while reading it... take it slow. I consumed the thing in two days (it's currently 110,000 words, which is the size of your average novel) which makes sense because it just leaves you wanting more, but when I read it aloud to people, I appreciate the wordcraft of the author even more than I did on my first reading. 

I have had TWO (2) non-male crushes recently, so heck yeah my pan-romantic heart. The first was actually last year, before I realized that I wasn't hetero. There was this girl in my lit class and she was just... literally the most aesthetic person I have ever met. And then she gave a book report and I was like this girl has good taste, I must have her. So I gave her my number like the smooth queen I am. Turns out she's straighttttt agh. And then the other one, a non-binary human in my choir class. I got to interact with them on the spring break trip. They were another person that was just... Aesthetic with a capital A at all times. Y'all enby folks really do embody that though haha. No gender, only aesthetic. 

I got extremely upset about this last night and I know it's something almost all of you on here will be able to relate to so I figured I'd mention it here. So I drew the main characters of Jersey Boy kissing and I was just over the moon about it because if you're an artist you KNOW kissing is hard but is incredibly rewarding to do well. Lemme tell y'all somthin', I had to erase this entire drawing like five times to get it right. It really didn't help that I was drawing most of it on the bus so it was so- friggin'- shaky- gah- *frustration noises* And then I realized that I couldn't gush about it to my parents because homophobia is a thing. When I first read the kiss scene in Jersey Boy, I read part of it aloud to my little sisters and they thought it was the cutest thing ever. But then my mom heard about it and she came down and gave me a lecture. It was especially painful because I've talked to my mom a lot and I really, really thought she was starting to be okay with it. But no, apparently when she kisses my dad in front of us that's not inappropriate, but two men kissing is s e x u a l. Like... Make it make sense. Make it make sense! 

2 minutes ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

U good m8

Eh... I hate myself and then I hate myself for hating myself. Also acting with polite romantic intentions while making it clear you are not cis or straight is hard.

Edited by The last Fae in the Woods

55 minutes ago, The last Fae in the Woods said:

Eh... I hate myself and then I hate myself for hating myself. Also acting with polite romantic intentions while making it clear you are not cis or straight is hard.

I like this phrase. "Polite romantic intentions"

I have finished my a r t.

Quote is from Jersey Boy, linked a few posts ago. :) 

When he got to the door, his hands fumbled with unlocking it, shaking with the cold and the warmth and the electricity, grasping (but not quite grasping) at the doorknob, and he heard it rattle as he twisted it open, clanking with his adrenaline-spiked hold, and he and Fiddleford slipped through the door and he slammed it behind him, much too loud for the silent room, the empty room, where they were alone, and he spun so fast he could have worn his shoes and then —

Well then, what, except they were alone, in an empty room, and nothing more.

The earth stopped rumbling.

Their breath was invisible. It wasn’t seen, it was felt, it was there, it was solid, as solid as the door at Ford’s back. He pressed into it (but not quite pressed into it) and —

(there was a pause here, the world both frozen and in flux like a cooling lava lamp, where he saw nothing but Fiddleford’s eyes, nothing but the specks of the iris and the constellations within — he softly pondered here if, as a universe could fit in the vast and eternal nothing between a pinkie and a ring finger, an entire future could exist in someone else's gaze)

— when Fiddleford gently placed a hand upon Ford’s shoulder, he knew they were truly, truly touching, quantum physics be damned.

IMG_7679.thumb.jpg.eb560efa77bf9fde60fed0ace8eef57e.jpg