Condensing Mist (Hero of Ages Spoilers )

Tekiny

Hi!
So, I recently had the thought whether it was possible to condense mist into lerasium and how to achieve it.

Could you somehow trap or concentrate it so that it turns into lerasium?

Please share your thoughts about whether or how this would work.

:)

10 minutes ago, Tekiny said:

Could you somehow trap or concentrate it so that it turns into lerasium?

Chaos (paraphrased)

Why is there such an imbalance between the amount of atium and the amount of lerasium in the world? Also, why are atium and lerasium very imbalanced in Allomantic power (Lerasium is far more useful than atium, really)?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

There isn't. Leras is just spread out further. He is in the mists, in the Well, and in the lerasium. Ruin's power however is condensed strictly in atium.

Ancient 17S Q&A (May 1, 2010)

BlackYeti

Because you've talked about alloying the god metals with other ones-- I was wondering whether you would be able to melt them down as you would with normal metals.

Brandon Sanderson

If you could distill the god metal: you could distill it out of the mist, that's theoretically possible.

Manchester signing (Aug. 6, 2014)

However the mists might not be strictly of preservation anymore.  A lot of stuff changed after Sazed ascended.

Edited by Karger

10 minutes ago, Karger said:

However the mists might not be strictly of preservation anymore.  A lot of stuff changed after Sazed ascended.

This can mean that concentrated mists now will give Sazedum/Harmonium/Ettmetal. But we also know that is possible to make Atium and Lerasium from Harmonium.

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/374/#e12145

18 minutes ago, RShara said:

I think you would need to have more than Physical apparatus to do it, since the mists and their power isn't strictly Physical. Some sort of Spiritual distillation, perhaps.

Like somehow getting Connection to Preservation?

Just now, Tekiny said:

Like somehow getting Connection to Preservation?

Not sure if that would be enough. I think some sort of fabrial that can affect Spiritual properties would be needed. But we don't know enough to really speculate.