Lift is probably her real name

And she thinks like lift which may seem a little similar to Wayne.

Nothing we know of has twisted how she thinks but she is weird due to the nightwatcher 

And she uses starvin because she does and that may be the reasons it might not be 

Lift is what she calls herself.  Her mother may have given her a different name but she does not use it.  I actually think starvin has more to do with her class and geological location.  The more west you are the less powerful the storms and obviously starving is a big concern for a street urchin.

10 hours ago, Watchcry said:

She converts sugar into stormlight.  Some foods are more potent than others. 

I think more about Energy of food. I think she is able to convert food into energy (normal way, like every other human) and then convert this energy into Stormlight. And this is fascinating - because probably is straight converter between Food Calories and Stromlight. It is also interesting, how much of this energy she converts, and how much she metabolizes. For example, is unconverted energy equal BMR? More? Less? How much?

16 minutes ago, GriffinMaze said:

Its not. She eats foods that don't have sugar and they still give her Stormlight. Sugary foods give more Stormlight in comparison because they are more caloric

I think also digestibility is important here. Technicly, fats are more caloric than monosacharyds, but monosacharyds can be asimilate much easier. And this is why she gain more stormlight from sugars in specific timeperiod.

1 hour ago, GriffinMaze said:

Its not. She eats foods that don't have sugar and they still give her Stormlight. Sugary foods give more Stormlight in comparison because they are more caloric

Calories aren't a substance,  but a measure of units.  Lift metabolizes glucose (sugar) into stormlight.  Pretty much all foods have glucose; some are composed of more of it than others. 

5 hours ago, Watchcry said:

Calories aren't a substance,  but a measure of units.  Lift metabolizes glucose (sugar) into stormlight.  Pretty much all foods have glucose; some are composed of more of it than others. 

No, is plenty of food types that dont have glucose, and have to be convert into glucose in series of biochemical reactions inside organism. Every fatty food (butter, oils), high-proteine food, even in many vegetables is no glucose, but polisacharyds.

My bet is Lift metabolizes food into glucose, this convert into energy (normal way, as any human) and then part of this energy is converted into Stormlight.

54 minutes ago, Hoid the Drifter said:

what was her boon, and why is being partially in the Cognitive a curse? It means she can fly! (by holding onto wyndle)

Wyndle can't fly

As of now, we know what she asked for¹, but we don't know the exact nature of what she was given

1: ⚠ Rhythm of War spoilers ⚠

Edited by Honorless