(Ironically) I'm not a huge reader, like many of you here, so most of the books I've read have been written by our friend Brandon. Tough question... probably Malcolm Gladwell's Bomber Mafia. It's non-fiction, but not only is it crazy interesting, it taught me a lot that I didn't know. Like, the research in the Manhattan project, the invention of Napalm, the Norden Bombsight, production of the B-29 Superfortress, and other things. I highly recommend it if you're into military history.

How do you like your coffee?

Edited by Sequence

• 2 weeks later...

Not Brandon.

Probably Diana Wynne Jones - her books are amazing, I'm not sure I can really explain it all. But honestly, I'm not sure I really have a favorite in this area, though I am an avid reader. Have a lot of authors whose works I really like, quite a few of them actually British.

how many languages can you coherently speak, and which?

English, and some Spanish.  Enough that I'm one of the ones in my class who could probably hold a minor conversation with a native speaker.  I'm not fluent, by any stretch, but I am coherent, so long as we're in present tense.  I'm still learning past tense.

What language do you want to learn?