Girls only! (And a sleepover/tea time RP kind of thing?)

1 hour ago, Violet said:

I know. We like to be confusing.

1 hour ago, Violet said:

Yeah yeah we have to make life difficult for you all : )

Aint that the truth-

1 hour ago, Violet said:

I know. You boys can be super super annoying. Especially when you are ignoring people.

1 hour ago, Violet said:

I mean it's so so so annoying when you're trying to get the attention of a boy who is intent on ignoring you

See, it's usually one of two things.

We guys don't want to think that people have feelings for us because it makes us feel weird, mostly because we don't know what to do (well, almost all of us).

What winds up happening is these:

1) we ignore/not notice it for a good while.

2) or... we see what is either there or not there and get overly confident.

I've been in both situation. In the first... it was just... *dies inside.* Don't start with something too bold, that's my advice. Well, bold in a bad way. Such as... if you ask to do something that his group seems to consider bold. 

If a guy is ignoring you on purpose... hmm... it depends on the guy, but just cornering him so that you force him to talk to you might work.

1 hour ago, Violet said:

Not really. Trying to get boys' attention is like trying to get Saturn to go out of orbit. Takes a real big rock.

Heh.

Honestly, that's how it seems. And...

*blinks*

*blinks again*

*flashbacks*

*dies inside*

*remembers*

Sorry- I just remembered... ahHh...

I'll give another post in a minute to explain.

Just now, Being of Cacophony said:

no it's not. it's a tea time thing :D 

Ok here we go.

We didn't go to the same high school, but we were in the same school district. Also in the same stake for church. First met her Junior Year in seminary. That was COVID, so barely got to talk at all. Still had a very slight crush on one of her friends.

Cut to Senior year. There were two separate senior seminary classes, so we were in different ones. But my teacher was the best one, so she would be there in the morning before class started. We also both ran, so we saw at each other at meets. We would talk each time for like 5-10 min. I remember there was one meet where I thought she had already left and I felt sad. Then she was there and we could still talk. Good feelings.

There was a stake youth activity for our church up at a camp in the mountains nearby. I was there early (as always) and when dinner was called decided to wait a little to play sports a bit longer. When I got there I was back of the line. She had arrived late so we ended sitting together to eat dinner. A member of the stake presidency was there and he's the absolute best. Basically made sure conversation kept going lol. We basically spent the rest of the night together, and I think that's when I knew I had feelings for her. But ofc I was too scared to say anything.

Cut to early November. I invite a bunch of friends to a bonfire party at the beach. She shows up, and I basically spend time by her side the entire time. But ofc I was too scared to say anything.

Cut to early December. I organized temple trips with our seminary classes, and she could finally come to one. I normally park on one side of the parking lot, but felt like I should park on the other for some reason. We finished up, and went out, and turns out she had parked right next to me. We were about to get in our cars when she asked me out. I was all casual and said yes, but once I got in the car and drove off I was so fricken happy. Cuz she had been braver than I had been. 

It's already a long story, so I'll summarize the rest. Basically we get together a time or two, then go on the date and we decide to go steady. Two days later I'm out of town for two weeks for Christmas. I get back, my fam gets COVID but I don't so I can go to the new years dance alone with her. First kiss happens that night.

And hopefully they live happily ever after.

2 minutes ago, Experience said:

Ok here we go.

We didn't go to the same high school, but we were in the same school district. Also in the same stake for church. First met her Junior Year in seminary. That was COVID, so barely got to talk at all. Still had a very slight crush on one of her friends.

Cut to Senior year. There were two separate senior seminary classes, so we were in different ones. But my teacher was the best one, so she would be there in the morning before class started. We also both ran, so we saw at each other at meets. We would talk each time for like 5-10 min. I remember there was one meet where I thought she had already left and I felt sad. Then she was there and we could still talk. Good feelings.

There was a stake youth activity for our church up at a camp in the mountains nearby. I was there early (as always) and when dinner was called decided to wait a little to play sports a bit longer. When I got there I was back of the line. She had arrived late so we ended sitting together to eat dinner. A member of the stake presidency was there and he's the absolute best. Basically made sure conversation kept going lol. We basically spent the rest of the night together, and I think that's when I knew I had feelings for her. But ofc I was too scared to say anything.

Cut to early November. I invite a bunch of friends to a bonfire party at the beach. She shows up, and I basically spend time by her side the entire time. But ofc I was too scared to say anything.

Cut to early December. I organized temple trips with our seminary classes, and she could finally come to one. I normally park on one side of the parking lot, but felt like I should park on the other for some reason. We finished up, and went out, and turns out she had parked right next to me. We were about to get in our cars when she asked me out. I was all casual and said yes, but once I got in the car and drove off I was so fricken happy. Cuz she had been braver than I had been. 

It's already a long story, so I'll summarize the rest. Basically we get together a time or two, then go on the date and we decide to go steady. Two days later I'm out of town for two weeks for Christmas. I get back, my fam gets COVID but I don't so I can go to the new years dance alone with her. First kiss happens that night.

YAY EXP, one of the lucky few! Congratulations my friend!

Edited by Rallohir

1 minute ago, Experience said:

Ok here we go.

Wow. I have never had that much of an experience with boys. 

1 minute ago, Rallohir said:

YAY EXP, one of the lucky few! Congratulations my friend!

1 minute ago, Violet said:

Wow. I have never had that much of an experience with boys. 

I will admit, I got pretty dang lucky. We also had a mutual friend that helped push us together so that helped xD

Alright- I'm back. Last post I'll make for the night before writing a short speculative fiction about what Hitler might've been thinking before he killed himself.

Here's the context for what I said:

I just remembered a time a few months ago at a dance when I was chatting with a friend, our mutual friend's friend standing there humming the song that was playing. Me, of course, not wanting to dance at all at the time, just ignored her while feeling a bit uncomfortable. When she wouldn't leave, instincts fired on.

This wasn't intentional at all... Don't worry. I wouldn't do this on purpose.

Basically I started explaining to my friend this short I'd seen earlier that day about how confusing girls conversations are versus boy's conversations. I explained it in a way that made it far more awkward-

Suffice it to say, she walked off soon after that and my friend was like "Bro, she wanted to dance with you."

Looking back on it, I'm just facepalming.

11 minutes ago, Experience said:

Ok here we go.

good luck!

3 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Alright- I'm back. Last post I'll make for the night before writing a short speculative fiction about what Hitler might've been thinking before he killed himself.

I just remembered a time a few months ago at a dance when I was chatting with a friend, our mutual friend's friend standing there humming the song that was playing. Me, of course, not wanting to dance at all at the time, just ignored her while feeling a bit uncomfortable. When she wouldn't leave, instincts fired on.

Basically I started explaining to my friend this short I'd seen earlier that day about how confusing girls conversations are versus boy's conversations. I explained it in a way that made it far more awkward-

Suffice it to say, she walked off soon after that and my friend was like "Bro, she wanted to dance with you."

ooh. that one stings, cause that is totally what would happen with me :( 

2 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

good luck!

ooh. that one stings, cause that is totally what would happen with me :( 

That was before I'd ever danced with anyone. If it happened now, I probably would've asked her like "Hey, you want to dance or anything?" But like... *sigh*

6 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

I love the imagery I'm imagining rn xD

3 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

That was before I'd ever danced with anyone. If it happened now, I probably would've asked her like "Hey, you want to dance or anything?" But like... *sigh*

relatable ngl. You boys can be like this too

28 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

I'm a ballroom dancer, so... i feel like I'm a little more confidant, but asking people to a dance? *shudders* no thank you

8 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

I'm a ballroom dancer, so... i feel like I'm a little more confidant, but asking people to a dance? *shudders* no thank you

For a good minute I was there to ask people to dance- then I spent like a month or two away from dancing and have been trying to force myself to do it for the past few months.

Apparently, for me all it took was getting contact lenses. I had been several months since I had gone to a stake dance, and at that point I had been wearing glasses all my life, but I switched, and the next stake dance I went to, 4-5 girls asked me to dance, one asked twice! Seems a little sad, now that I think back on it. I'd rather have a girl see me for who I am, not what I look like ngl

35 minutes ago, Rallohir said:

Apparently, for me all it took was getting contact lenses. I had been several months since I had gone to a stake dance, and at that point I had been wearing glasses all my life, but I switched, and the next stake dance I went to, 4-5 girls asked me to dance, one asked twice! Seems a little sad, now that I think back on it. I'd rather have a girl see me for who I am, not what I look like ngl

yeah, I don't wear contacts cause personally, I like how I look with glasses better.

2 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

yeah, I don't wear contacts cause personally, I like how I look with glasses better.

My problem is with glasses I look 14, and without them I look like a senior, cause I have a really strong jawline

Just now, Rallohir said:

I am though, girls like guys over 6' and I'm standing at a sad 5' 8"

I'm a sad 5' 4" so I understand what it's like.

I don't dance though. I would much rather do community service than be stuck in a room with other peoples.

Just now, Rallohir said:

That's a LOT of guys ideal height...

Huh? 

5'4" is like really small though

55 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

For a good minute I was there to ask people to dance- then I spent like a month or two away from dancing and have been trying to force myself to do it for the past few months.

Yeah I'm afraid of dancing. Especially since it is kind of akward.

41 minutes ago, Rallohir said:

My problem is with glasses I look 14, and without them I look like a senior, cause I have a really strong jawline

I can't tell what I look like without glasses, my vision is too bad :P 

31 minutes ago, Violet said:

Huh? 

5'4" is like really small though

Yeah I'm afraid of dancing. Especially since it is kind of akward.

yeah, Rallohir's right. It is a lot of guy's ideal height. 5'4"-5'6" and then for taller (like, 6'+) guys, it's generally 5'6"-5'8" (last I checked).

I have a friend from FSY that is about that height, and she's the perfect hugging size :P her head isn't down on my stomach, but it isn't on my chin or shoulder either. It's just nice against my chest, where it's not uncomfortable, and if you're a couple the guy and reach behind your head/neck easier. Honestly, yeah, 5'4"-5'6" is probably my ideal height too. (No, I've fallen in with the group!)

Edited by Being of Cacophony