I came in here to tease you males, and now I am completely confused.

Males - rating themselves in cuteness from 1-10? When did this occur? Why did this occur?

I have trouble understanding humans sometimes. 

Also, celebrity crushes - I've never understood them - unless you count fictional characters. Then I can ABSOLUTELY understand. *cough* Hiccup *cough* 

1 hour ago, Ookla the Floofy said:

I came in here to tease you males, and now I am completely confused.

Males - rating themselves in cuteness from 1-10? When did this occur? Why did this occur?

I have trouble understanding humans sometimes. 

Also, celebrity crushes - I've never understood them - unless you count fictional characters. Then I can ABSOLUTELY understand. *cough* Hiccup *cough* 

What happens if you have a crush on a fictional character and that character dies?

13 minutes ago, Ookla the Perpetual said:

Most of why I'd be attracted to someone is in personality. No matter how they look.

See, this is why character crushes are very valid. You know (almost) their entire personality and you can just make up what they look like! Makes total sense. 

16 minutes ago, Ookla the Perpetual said:

Why would I develop a crush on someone I've never met? Most of why I'd be attracted to someone is in personality. No matter how they look.

Very fair. You show wisdom not found in most people today. Thank you, and I agree.

Edited by Ookla the Unknowing

On 12/9/2022 at 7:03 PM, Ookla the Pencil Taxi said:

Well, (I wasn't summoned but I'M HERE ANYWAY) I was voted most likely to be kidnapped along with @OoklaTheKaladinLover*(because I look naive or something?) by my XC team.

So, umm, 7.6.

*It was you, right?

hahahahahah not sure but I definitely remember that. seeing as how they also said that I look like a farm girl, the odds are very high. :lol:

I talk to my friend(no, she hasn't read Stormlight) about how I have a fictional crush(Kaladin) and I occasionally bring him up for no reason, and whenever I do, she's always like, "you two would be so cute together" to make me happy, I guess, and I'm like "child, this is not how fictional crushes work."

At least that's not how it works for ME! I don't actually want to marry him or be with him! I just hope for his happiness. 

On 12/11/2022 at 11:51 AM, Ookla the Perpetual said:

Why would I develop a crush on someone I've never met? Most of why I'd be attracted to someone is in personality. No matter how they look.

That’s why we love fictional characters. We aren’t influenced by their looks, we just see their personalities. They carry us through our hard times and help us learn about ourselves. 

i can't crush on anyone unless i know them personally, in real life, so good luck with all y'all having crushes on people that aren't real and i distance myself from your experiences. <3

but i mean... how does it work, exactly? like... what do you feel about the character?

1 minute ago, Ookla the 3 Frogs ina Coat said:

but i mean... how does it work, exactly? like... what do you feel about the character?

If they're sufficiently well-written (which a threshold that will vary from person to person), then the fact that they're not real is irrelevant--because, for all intents and purposes, they are. It's something to do with how the brain apparently doesn't distinguish between the models it creates of real people and characters you read about/watch (usually--clearly there are exceptions). There was a whole episode of Writing Excuses along these lines, featuring Cory Doctorow. Fascinating stuff!

That felt rather circular, but it's late. I can elaborate further on the morrow if you'd like.

8 hours ago, Ookla the 3 Frogs ina Coat said:

i can't crush on anyone unless i know them personally, in real life, so good luck with all y'all having crushes on people that aren't real and i distance myself from your experiences. <3

I think that I say that I have crushes on fictional characters, but I really don't. It's more like I just really like them and think that they are amazing. Like Gansey. I will say that I have a crush on him because he is amazing, but I don't really. I agree with you about how you can't have a crush on anyone that you don't know.

On 12/13/2022 at 1:49 AM, Ookla the 3 Frogs ina Coat said:

actually i just remembered Adam Parrish i take all of this back my love for him exceeds that of my love towards any mortal

jk

if he were a real person i would though

actually probably only if i knew him personally and we interacted a lot

so uh

yeah really everything i said still stands

On 12/13/2022 at 10:13 AM, Ookla the Theoretical said:

I think that I say that I have crushes on fictional characters, but I really don't. It's more like I just really like them and think that they are amazing. Like Gansey. I will say that I have a crush on him because he is amazing, but I don't really. I agree with you about how you can't have a crush on anyone that you don't know.

Gansey is a very worthy fictional crush (not as worthy as Adam of course but still very worthy). But yeah. Agree.

wait did i just agree with you agreeing with me

i just agreed with myself

hmm

17 hours ago, Ookla the 3 Frogs ina Coat said:

actually i just remembered Adam Parrish i take all of this back my love for him exceeds that of my love towards any mortal

jk

if he were a real person i would though

actually probably only if i knew him personally and we interacted a lot

so uh

yeah really everything i said still stands

Gansey is a very worthy fictional crush (not as worthy as Adam of course but still very worthy). But yeah. Agree.

wait did i just agree with you agreeing with me

i just agreed with myself

hmm

Lol. Adam is great. Well if you support your opinion, I say agreeing with yourself is fine :lol:

On 12/9/2022 at 6:06 PM, Ookla the Quark said:

where 1 is the lowest, 2.

On 12/9/2022 at 9:37 PM, Ookla the Ta'veren said:

I define myself as like a 3. I’m awful at following my own advice. 

On 12/9/2022 at 10:42 PM, Ookla the Obstinate said:

negative 7. My face has been known to make small children cry. (At least twice)

On 12/10/2022 at 10:20 AM, Ookla the Unknowing said:

Negative 9. I've definitely made more people cry than @Ookla the Obstinate

I mean, I like wearing masks just so people can't see my face. (Maybe that's just anxiety and insecurity though)

On 12/10/2022 at 3:07 PM, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Um, I dunno. Three, maybe?

On 12/10/2022 at 3:15 PM, InfiniteInsanity said:

Oh um...3?

I do my best to not think about how I look. The world has trained my brain too well. Generally thinking about how I look ends with me deciding to skip a meal.

Guys.

I'm going to be really serious for a second and give an important PSA.

Rating someone based on their looks, even yourself, isn't cool. It kinda implies that your whole worth can be reduced to one magical number which just isn't true. And everyone single one of you is unique and beautiful in your own way, and it's not fair to judge yourself like that. And this all is totally subjective, so it's much more important to focus on the wonderful personality that each of you has.

And I know that this wasn't too serious or anything and I might be blowing this out of proportion but the fact is, each one of you is much more than any number from 1-10 and putting yourself as a number isn't the healthiest thing in the world. Also, eating meals is vital for your physical and mental health.

Anyway, @Ookla the Quark@Ookla the Ta'veren, @Ookla the Obstinate, @Ookla the Unknowing, @Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff, and @InfiniteInsanity each one of you is beautiful. I've interacted with each one of you and I can personally attest that you all are much more than a number.

Sorry if this comes across in the wrong way--I just wanted to share this message because I think it's important for everyone to understand.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Debonair said:

Guys.

Rating someone based on their looks, even yourself, isn't cool. It kinda implies that your whole worth can be reduced to one magical number which just isn't true. And everyone single one of you is unique and beautiful in your own way, and it's not fair to judge yourself like that. And this all is totally subjective, so it's much more important to focus on the wonderful personality that each of you has.

And I know that this wasn't too serious or anything and I might be blowing this out of proportion but the fact is, each one of you is much more than any number from 1-10 and putting yourself as a number isn't the healthiest thing in the world. Also, eating meals is vital for your physical and mental health.

Anyway, @Ookla the Quark@Ookla the Ta'veren, @Ookla the Obstinate, @Ookla the Unknowing, @Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff, and @InfiniteInsanity each one of you is beautiful. I've interacted with each one of you and I can personally attest that you all are much more than a number.

Sorry if this comes across in the wrong way--I just wanted to share this message because I think it's important for everyone to understand.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I was mostly joking. I generally tend to judge myself a bit on the harsh side, I think.

Just now, Ookla the Unknowing said:

Thanks, I appreciate it. I was mostly joking. I generally tend to judge myself a bit on the harsh side, I think.

I know it was mostly a joke for probably everyone. But the implications are not too good so I wanted to send a friendly reminder to stay slightly more positive!

On 12/10/2022 at 9:54 PM, Ookla the 3 Frogs ina Coat said:

Guysss look-rating isn't really good for anyone. I don't think it boosts anyone's esteem, let's not.

'Cept we can rate Zendaya cause everyone knows she's a ten

1 hour ago, Ookla the Debonair said:

Guys.

My approach vs. Silhouette's lmao

Fully agree with you :D that was a really nice post.