Just now, InfiniteInsanity said:

I don't think we're talking like extreme fear for the most part just fear in general.

No... I'm not really any more or less comfortable with girls that I don't know than with boys that I don't know, except for maybe the stigma around boys and girls interacting.

Nah, girls are scary. They sneak up on you. And they steal your soul. And also they have weirdness contests. And try to get you to interact with people. And then the ones I don't know are scary because they're probably mean. The nice ones I don't know are scary because... Well I can't really explain. But they are very, very scary. All people are scary, but still.

1 minute ago, That1Cellist said:

Thankfully I managed to get my soul back, somehow. I don't really want to talk about it. I still have it somewhere, but lest they try to steal it again I will not divulge the information on it's whereabouts.

And most certainly do not look in my signature.

3 minutes ago, That1Cellist said:

Nah, girls are scary. They sneak up on you. And they steal your soul. And also they have weirdness contests. And try to get you to interact with people. And then the ones I don't know are scary because they're probably mean. The nice ones I don't know are scary because... Well I can't really explain. But they are very, very scary. All people are scary, but still.

Boys do these things too, I think. I don't know.

Then again, I'm relatively sure that I've never had a crush in my life either, so...

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Boys do these things too, I think. I don't know.

Then again, I'm relatively sure that I've never had a crush in my life either, so...

Hmm. Perhaps it's just because most of my friends are girls, so I haven't noticed that.

They're still scary.

Edited by That1Cellist

37 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

What specifically is scary about girls as opposed to boys?

14 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

I would like to know the answer to this question too.

12 minutes ago, Shallan Stormblessed said:

As would I.

Wait.

Am scary?

Girls are unnaturally intimidating. Part of this is simply because they are people. People are scary. They don't make any sense.

Girls specifically are extra scary. Think of it this way. I don't talk to a lot of people. I don't like talking to new people because not only am I bad at it, I worry that they don't want to talk to me. So, with the exception of only one person I can think of, all of my friends I've ever had have been people who talked to me first. Girls don't want to talk to me. It makes perfect sense. I'm just about as far down as you can get in the social hierarchy, I'm not attractive or anything like that. I'm not very social, not funny, not entertaining, or anything of the sort. So, you can imagine the sort of panic that I get when a girl does talk to me. I start thinking things like, "What do they want?", "What motives do they have?", "What sort of nonsense is going on in the background for this encounter to happen?" 

I think that gets the point across mostly. Please feel free to press me for more details on my point of view.

Edited by That1Cellist

47 minutes ago, That1Cellist said:

Thankfully I managed to get my soul back, somehow. I don't really want to talk about it. I still have it somewhere, but lest they try to steal it again I will not divulge the information on it's whereabouts.

Okay, okay, okay.

How did you manage to get your soul back now?

Just now, That1Cellist said:

Girls are unnaturally intimidating. Part of this is simply because they are people. People are scary. They don't make any sense.

Girls specifically are extra scary. Think of it this way. I don't talk to a lot of people. I don't like talking to new people because not only am I bad at it, I worry that they don't want to talk to me. So, with the exception of only one person I can think of, all of my friends I've ever had have been people who talked to me first. Girls don't want to talk to me. It makes perfect sense. I'm just about as far down as you can get in the social hierarchy, I'm not attractive or anything like that. I'm not very social, not funny, not entertaining, or anything of the sort. So, you can imagine the sort of panic that I get when a girl does talk to me. I start thinking things like, "What do they want?", "What motives do they have?", "What sort of nonsense is going on in the background for this encounter to happen?" 

I think that gets the point across mostly. Please feel free to press me for more details on my point of view.

Ah. That makes sense, I guess. I'm in a similar situation, but if that happens to me I don't panic because I don't care about whether or not they are being sincere.