Ferring

Hoid the Former Drifter

There there are so many advantages to each one... I’ll just list the ones I think I would rather have. (Not listed in any particular order)

Gold: can help in life-threatening situations. I’m not often in those, however, and I don’t really want to be extremely sick for a time  even slightly sick all day doesn’t sound great  

Zinc: spend some time doing something mindless and then spend some time being smart and thinking fast? Sounds great!

Copper: I’d never forget a thing. Except those things I want to forget... I can stuff those in a coppermind and bury it far away. 

Steel: I’d love to have a nice little speed boost. It doesn’t even have to be like 5X speed or something, just a little extra would be great. But storing it... that would be terrible. Maybe while I read or something I don’t necessarily have to move fast?

Brass: could keep me warm when I want to be and cold when I want to be. Very convenient. 

Bronze: I could be a lot more productive if I didn’t have to sleep some nights. And in the morning I could be completely awake. Very useful. 

Pewter: a good little strength boost would be nice once in a while. 

Bemdalloy: if I want to eat extra, I can if I store in a bendalloymind. And if I’m hungry I can tap into that excess. 

Duralumin: I could be basically invisible to everyone if I wanted to be, or very persuasive if I wanted to be. Many applications. 

Iron: losing some weight to move a bit faster would be like what I’m looking for in steel, except without having to store anything. 

Tin: I don’t have to see/feel/hear/smell/taste what I don’t want to, but if I do I can see/feel/hear/smell/taste better. 

Honorable mention: cadmium. I’m not a swimmer, but if I was and I had this that would be awesome. 

Edited by Innovation

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2020 at 9:38 PM, Innovation said:

There there are so many advantages to each one... I’ll just list the ones I think I would rather have. (Not listed in any particular order)

Gold: can help in life-threatening situations. I’m not often in those, however, and I don’t really want to be extremely sick for a time  even slightly sick all day doesn’t sound great  

Zinc: spend some time doing something mindless and then spend some time being smart and thinking fast? Sounds great!

Copper: I’d never forget a thing. Except those things I want to forget... I can stuff those in a coppermind and bury it far away. 

Steel: I’d love to have a nice little speed boost. It doesn’t even have to be like 5X speed or something, just a little extra would be great. But storing it... that would be terrible. Maybe while I read or something I don’t necessarily have to move fast?

Brass: could keep me warm when I want to be and cold when I want to be. Very convenient. 

Bronze: I could be a lot more productive if I didn’t have to sleep some nights. And in the morning I could be completely awake. Very useful. 

Pewter: a good little strength boost would be nice once in a while. 

Bemdalloy: if I want to eat extra, I can if I store in a bendalloymind. And if I’m hungry I can tap into that excess. 

Duralumin: I could be basically invisible to everyone if I wanted to be, or very persuasive if I wanted to be. Many applications. 

Iron: losing some weight to move a bit faster would be like what I’m looking for in steel, except without having to store anything. 

Tin: I don’t have to see/feel/hear/smell/taste what I don’t want to, but if I do I can see/feel/hear/smell/taste better. 

Honorable mention: cadmium. I’m not a swimmer, but if I was and I had this that would be awesome. 

so... everything except connection and investiture. Full feruchemist it is.

I would love bronze, falling asleep whenever I want to is absolutely awesome, gold is also super useful, for obvious reasons, but I think the one I would go with would be copper. Studying for a test? Just stare at a page for five seconds and boom, studying done.

. F-tin. Most versatile metal, hands down. I could store hearing or smell or taste or touch if I don’t want to sense something. I can store pain to not get hurt by something. I can be the most balanced human on the block when I tap my sense of balance. I can tap taste to make a bland thing taste really strong. I could even tap pain for when I’m having something spicy to make it more spicy! I will never get snuck up apon again with enhanced hearing, sight, and feeling (air feels, like airbenders and their bald heads do). I will never get lost because I can tap my sense of direction to know exactly where I am. And it’s not too hard to store!

shameless self promotion

Spoiler

Join F-tin cult fools!

@Aspiring Writer

Spoiler

Ya betrayed tha cult. Ya betrayed me. I mean this from tha deepest of my heart when I say (in my bad new yowka mafia accent)

Spoiler

I t ‘ s.  o k.

Spoiler

Nicest cult in the block

Spoiler

And we have a reputation to keep. 

Spoiler

Talking about reputation

Spoiler

If ya give me 1 rep in repayment, your sins will be forgiven

Spoiler

It’sgettin right in her

Spoiler

Waitisthewholerepdebtallowed?Probably.Imeanyouwereaskingforsomerepbefore.WhynotIdo?

e .

Edited by Koloss17

1 hour ago, Koloss17 said:

. F-tin. Most versatile metal, hands down. I could store hearing or smell or taste or touch if I don’t want to sense something. I can store pain to not get hurt by something. I can be the most balanced human on the block when I tap my sense of balance. I can tap taste to make a bland thing taste really strong. I could even tap pain for when I’m having something spicy to make it more spicy! I will never get snuck up apon again with enhanced hearing, sight, and feeling (air feels, like airbenders and their bald heads do). I will never get lost because I can tap my sense of direction to know exactly where I am. And it’s not too hard to store!

shameless self promotion

Reveal hidden contents

Join F-tin cult fools!

@Aspiring Writer

Reveal hidden contents

Ya betrayed tha cult. Ya betrayed me. I mean this from tha deepest of my heart when I say (in my bad new yowka mafia accent)

Reveal hidden contents

I t ‘ s.  o k.

Reveal hidden contents

Nicest cult in the block

Reveal hidden contents

And we have a reputation to keep. 

Reveal hidden contents

Talking about reputation

Reveal hidden contents

If ya give me 1 rep in repayment, your sins will be forgiven

Reveal hidden contents

It’sgettin right in her

Reveal hidden contents

Waitisthewholerepdebtallowed?Probably.Imeanyouwereaskingforsomerepbefore.WhynotIdo?

e .

In my defense, sleep has always been an issue for me, so being able to control that is appealing compared to the versatility of tin.

20 hours ago, Raphaborn said:

F-Tin is really good. You store and tapping the senses individually and you can use them to enhance or protect your senses depending on the circumstance. It must be incredible for meditation.

Ooh yeah! One more thing to add to reasons why tin is good!

I'd find F-Copper to be the most useful in day to day life followed by F-Zinc and wouldn't mind either, but for purely recreational use I'd find F-Cadmium to be a lot of fun. I like diving and no breathing means no need for a large air tank, no risk of nitrogen narcosis or the bends, no decompression and a bottom time limited only by how full the metalmind is (and temperature). Storing does sound kind of sucky and I imagine it would take a good while to get enough breath to last a dive, but the advantages outweigh that.

Edited by Weltall

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, EvenCaktus said:

Bendalloy because theoretically you could save up nutrients/energy for a fight or long run for example and then you would easily have more stamina than your opponent.

You'd need to be a subsumer and a cadmium gasper to get true stamina from nothing, otherwise your muscles would eat themselves too much. You wouldn't get tired, but your lungs would probably be dying and your muscles would rusting hurt

Edited by bridge7