Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

1 minute ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

Vespyr ignored the prodding for a moment.  But... what if the Queen could find them through Vespyr?  The creature tuned into the voice hesitantly.

Find the girl...find the girl...bring her to me...the one who flies... and the girl who left... bring them both to me...

Less actual words than impressions, commands that wash over Vespyr's soul like a wave

9 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

The Queen's consciousness seems to nudge Vespyr's, although oddly it seems less present than when the Queen usually speaks to her.

Jay stood on the boat. They'd been spending a lot of time traveling and fighting. It would be good to move on to a different kind of action, although he doubted it would be that much more restful in the long run. 

Despite what he'd said earlier about somewhat giving up on Janice, he opened his Scry and began searching for disturbances around the world. Yevon across the globe seemed to have retreated in the last few hours, some giving up attacks halfway through. Some astronomers thought Kraeos might be changing and this was the precursor to it. Jay wondered idly if and how that would affect Janice, wherever she was.

3 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

Vespyr ignored the prodding for a moment.  But... what if the Queen could find them through Vespyr?  The creature tuned into the voice hesitantly.

Janice shivered suddenly, shaking her head as her Traces tingled slightly. "Excuse me, sir... but how are we from land?"

@Fallapede

Just now, Negative_Null said:

Find the girl...find the girl...bring her to me...the one who flies... and the girl who left... bring them both to me...

Less actual words than impressions, commands that wash over Vespyr's soul like a wave

Had the queen forgotten which one of them had been the girl, back when they were children, Vespyr and Rain?  Although, behind the scars, it was difficult to distinguish anything of the person Vespyr had once been.  It wouldn't have surprised Vespyr if the queen had forgotten which one had been spared and which one had been slain.

2 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Is this your house?"

"It is, though I have rarely resided here in recent years. It is still stocked with sufficient medical supplies to treat both of you, however. At least, your external wounds. Vespyr, would you mind taking the tiniest of sips from your bottle of Nectar? I may be able to glean some diagnostic data from it."

7 minutes ago, Fallapede said:

"It is, though I have rarely resided here in recent years. It is still stocked with sufficient medical supplies to treat both of you, however. At least, your external wounds. Vespyr, would you mind taking the tiniest of sips from your bottle of Nectar? I may be able to glean some diagnostic data from it."

Janice pulled open the door, peeking inside. "It looks cozy in here."

2 hours ago, Fallapede said:

Vespyr passed an entire bottle over to the Sparrow.  That meant four remaining.  Vespyr didn't necessarily trust the person, but what did the extra time really matter, unless a solution could be found?  He shook his head, then pushed the door open, ushering Janice in.  The child was inquisitive, but rather timid.  Compared to how she had been earlier... loud, brash, and cruel, she seemed... weak.  Smarter, for sure, but weaker.  That was an illusion, almost definitely.  Janice's personality was simply more subdued after her meeting with the Queen.  

He shed an exterior cowl of gray leather, tassels sopping, and hung it by the door, then stood in one corner with hands folded behind his back.  A sentinel, of sorts.  Vespyr... wasn't used to furniture, it seemed.  Definitely not a house-trained wastrel.  Oh, he knew how people used furniture, certainly, but he'd almost never used it in his life on the spire, and wasn't quite sure if it was polite to take a seat.

56 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

Vespyr passed an entire bottle over to the Sparrow.  That meant four remaining.  Vespyr didn't necessarily trust the person, but what did the extra time really matter, unless a solution could be found?  He shook his head, then pushed the door open, ushering Janice in.  The child was inquisitive, but rather timid.  Compared to how she had been earlier... loud, brash, and cruel, she seemed... weak.  Smarter, for sure, but weaker.  That was an illusion, almost definitely.  Janice's personality was simply more subdued after her meeting with the Queen.  

He shed an exterior cowl of gray leather, tassels sopping, and hung it by the door, then stood in one corner with hands folded behind his back.  A sentinel, of sorts.  Vespyr... wasn't used to furniture, it seemed.  Definitely not a house-trained wastrel.  Oh, he knew how people used furniture, certainly, but he'd almost never used it in his life on the spire, and wasn't quite sure if it was polite to take a seat.

Brother Sparrow pulled out a notebook and set the bottle down on a table, then pulled on Vespyr and Janice's pain, amplifying his sense of smell and taste. He slightly opened the bottle and took in the scent of its contents, then began intensely scribbling down notes. He gestured in Vespyr's general direction. "Please, sit. This will take some time."

1 hour ago, Fallapede said:

Brother Sparrow pulled out a notebook and set the bottle down on a table, then pulled on Vespyr and Janice's pain, amplifying his sense of smell and taste. He slightly opened the bottle and took in the scent of its contents, then began intensely scribbling down notes. He gestured in Vespyr's general direction. "Please, sit. This will take some time."

Vespyr perched on the couch, then flailed suddenly, as if he hadn't quite expected the couch to cave when he sat on it.  It was... plush.  

Vespyr accidentally thwapped Janice in the face and had the courtesy to look abashed.  "I apologize for the inconvenience."

4 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Janice pulled open the door, peeking inside. "It looks cozy in here."

6 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

Vespyr perched on the couch, then flailed suddenly, as if he hadn't quite expected the couch to cave when he sat on it.  It was... plush.  

Vespyr accidentally thwapped Janice in the face and had the courtesy to look abashed.  "I apologize for the inconvenience."

Janice blinked. "That's okay."

2 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I... think that's easier said than done."

Vespyr shook his head. “No. Cut and dye your hair. Ingratiate yourself into a local family.  Attend an educational service. You can be passably unnoticeable.”  Vespyr leaned back, relaxing. “I will help you until I am dead.”

Just now, ProfetessaOscura said:

Vespyr shook his head. “No. Cut and dye your hair. Ingratiate yourself into a local family.  Attend an educational service. You can be passably unnoticeable.”  Vespyr leaned back, relaxing. “I will help you until I am dead.”

"I want to get back to my real family, though!" Janice protested, this time really struggling to hold back her tears. "Cadenza, Aryanna, Jay, and Lloyd!"

“That is inadviseable.  They are on the Queen’s radar.  They will be the first ones to be hunted and detained in the search for you,” Vespyr explained, as if that knowledge would be a comfort to her. Goodness. He’d always wondered at why couches were made of such... soft, decorative fabric.  It was like his back was being embraced, warm and soft. Vespyr let out a contented sigh. 

2 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

“That is inadviseable.  They are on the Queen’s radar.  They will be the first ones to be hunted and detained in the search for you,” Vespyr explained, as if that knowledge would be a comfort to her. Goodness. He’d always wondered at why couches were made of such... soft, decorative fabric.  It was like his back was being embraced, warm and soft. Vespyr let out a contented sigh. 

"But... they're the only people who'll care about me." Janice hugged her knees to her chest. "When I... lost my parents... I tried to find someone else to take me in. Everyone was afraid of me. They thought I was a yevon."

She sighed, turning her head away. "They were right, of course."

21 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"But... they're the only people who'll care about me." Janice hugged her knees to her chest. "When I... lost my parents... I tried to find someone else to take me in. Everyone was afraid of me. They thought I was a yevon."

She sighed, turning her head away. "They were right, of course."

Vespyr shrugged, then looked at the Sparrow. “You don’t mind that she’s Yevon, do you?” He asked. It was very... strange. Just strange. To reclaim the name. To reclaim even the pronouns of a person. It felt like a lie, after so many years.  It would be nice, though, to die as a person.