Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

5 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

Vespyr feels the weight of the Queen's mind bear down on her. Where are you? You can't have flown far, you useless waste of Qhoral. Why did it have to be the blind one that got away?

Vespyr staggered to one knee. He slowly composed himself, breathing heavily. “I apologize for the inconvenience,” Vespyr said. “The child is dead. There was a bolt of lightning. It was a painful demise.”

2 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

Vespyr staggered to one knee. He slowly composed himself, breathing heavily. “I apologize for the inconvenience,” Vespyr said. “The child is dead. There was a bolt of lightning. It was a painful demise.”

Would whatever is going on here be physically painful to Vespyr?

3 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

"There ought to be a restaurant nearby. Also, what am I doing here, shouldn't I be incarcerated or something?"

"I don't know, that's not the kind of thing I'm in charge of. But I bet if you're incarcertated you can get food."

She mispronounced it. That doesn't count as a misspelling.

Just now, Condensation said:

"I don't know, that's not the kind of thing I'm in charge of. But I bet if you're incarcertated you can get food."

Spoiler

fineilldoitmyself.thumb.png.cbfa2200ff1e15bf206f1e7a913a4c04.png

An officer in the building went up to Officer Halway. "What are you doing, take him downstairs!" he barked, "We'll get him fed once he's locked up, where he ought to be."

@Channelknight Fadran

"When do... when do I get to speak to my lawyer?" asked Cruz.

The officer scowled. "You're lucky. The Court wants a very speedy trial on your case."

35 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

Oddly enough, I don't believe you. But if that's true, tell me where you are so I can come punish you properly.

27 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

An officer in the building went up to Officer Halway. "What are you doing, take him downstairs!" he barked, "We'll get him fed once he's locked up, where he ought to be."

@Channelknight Fadran

"When do... when do I get to speak to my lawyer?" asked Cruz.

The officer scowled. "You're lucky. The Court wants a very speedy trial on your case."

"You're not qualified to give me orders, son, but you can rest assured knowing that this guy's safe in my custody."

45 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

"Vespyr?" Janice whispered. "Are you okay?"

She rubbed her arm, where her Traces had started tingling again.

18 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

Oddly enough, I don't believe you. But if that's true, tell me where you are so I can come punish you properly.

Vespyr ignored Janice. Speaking to her would give the child away to the Queen, but he waved at her. “I apologize for the inconvenience. I die without your influence, as she did.”

Just now, Knight of Iron said:

Cruz doesn't really talk in third person

I thought he was ribbing Trace! Whatever.

1 hour ago, Knight of Iron said:

"He just passed out in your custody, get him downstairs or he'll do it again!"

"Get him something to eat." Hawlay/Trace grabbed Cruz's arm, pulling him downstairs to a cell.

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Get him something to eat." Hawlay/Trace grabbed Cruz's arm, pulling him downstairs to a cell.

I probably should have been more clear.

The officer runs out the door to get some food, hopefully. Cruz entered the cell without protest. It was a small room with hardly anything more than a bunk bed or a toilet, and shortly after the officer from before slid a tray of sickly prison food through a special slot in the door, then left.

"What now?" Cruz asked, "You just... pop inside my head or something?"

2 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

The officer runs out the door to get some food, hopefully. Cruz entered the cell without protest. It was a small room with hardly anything more than a bunk bed or a toilet, and shortly after the officer from before slid a tray of sickly prison food through a special slot in the door, then left.

"What now?" Cruz asked, "You just... pop inside my head or something?"

Trace reappeared outside the officer's body, passing through the bars of the cell. "I don't think you'd enjoy me getting in your brain. I'll just appear whenever I can."

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Trace reappeared outside the officer's body, passing through the bars of the cell. "I don't think you'd enjoy me getting in your brain. I'll just appear whenever I can."

Cruz wolfed down some kind of meat. "Then I guess this is goodbye for now, Trace," he said, then, "And once I'm properly out of here, I will help you. Wherever you are, from whatever you're facing."

2 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

Cruz wolfed down some kind of meat. "Then I guess this is goodbye for now, Trace," he said, then, "And once I'm properly out of here, I will help you. Wherever you are, from whatever you're facing."

"I'll see what I can do." She didn't retreat into Hawlay's form yet.