Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

On 3/14/2021 at 8:05 PM, ProfetessaOscura said:

The guards flooded in as the doors slammed, and the cry went out. “The convict’s killed his lawyer!” The panicked crowd shrieked, and the guards of the courthouse flooded forward.  There was confusion, but there was only a matter of time before the panicking crowd found the shrouded people by touch. 

Late post because I legitimately forgot about this briefly.

Although this means a character of mine might be a little overdue in his return.

Edgeworth clutched his chest in complete shock, paralyzed as pandemonium consumed the courthouse. As the worst of it passed, he felt a burning in his chest as he realized that he hadn't been breathing for the entire time. He took several enormous and ragged breaths as his posture completely broke. He stumbled slowly to where the defense attorney had fallen and collapsed onto his knees when he saw her In an unconscious state, she laid there on the floor as if she were dead. All at once his breathing suddenly became rapid and he felt the urge to puke as everything seemed to catch up to him. This sort of thing . . . it only happened in lesser courts, no one would dare to try anything like this in a case of this magnitude, or get away with it for that matter. He stared without focus as his shoulders slumped and his back bent over; he could only barely control his gut and breathing before someone finally came to check on him, but he could barely hear what they were saying. He didn't remember standing up, but he was being led out of the court room by some sort of medical professional as the nausea returned once again. It had to be a nightmare, this sort of thing just couldn't happen, least of at one of his cases, right?

Edited by The Ward's Guard

4 hours ago, The Ward's Guard said:

Edgeworth clutched his chest in complete shock, paralyzed as pandemonium consumed the courthouse. As the worst of it passed, he felt a burning in his chest as he realized that he hadn't been breathing for the entire time. He took several enormous and ragged breaths as his posture completely broke. He stumbled slowly to where the defense attorney had fallen and collapsed onto his knees when he saw her lifeless eyes staring into space. All at once his breathing suddenly became rapid and he felt the urge to puke as everything seemed to catch up to him. This sort of thing . . . it only happened in lesser courts, no one would dare to try anything like this in a case of this magnitude, or get away with it for that matter. He stared without focus as his shoulders slumped and his back bent over; he could only barely control his gut and breathing before someone finally came to check on him, but he could barely hear what they were saying. He didn't remember standing up, but he was being led out of the court room by some sort of medical professional as the nausea returned once again. It had to be a nightmare, this sort of thing just couldn't happen, least of at one of his cases, right?

((Defense attorney lives, just got knocked out))

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

((Vespyr took a city, not an island, and it is still in the early stages of independence.  And even then, they attacked civilians to free a suspect repeat killer in the middle of his trial, which was going better than expected.  Is Vespyr supposed to just shrug and say, "Welcome aboard!  I'll just make sure anyone who tries to have you see justice gets terrified or injured badly enough so they leave you alone."  Vespyr put a call out for help taking down the Queen, but even I need to think about how he'll react when the top #1 wanted serial killers, Trace and Cruz, come waltzing up saying that they changed their ways, broke out of prison, escaped their trials, and now want to help.  It could be just the reason for other nations to come put down his small system of governing, so he'd have to play it safe.

In which case, please disguise Cruz as you seek out Vespyr's city.))

Just now, ProfetessaOscura said:

((Vespyr took a city, not an island, and it is still in the early stages of independence.  And even then, they attacked civilians to free a suspect repeat killer in the middle of his trial, which was going better than expected.  Is Vespyr supposed to just shrug and say, "Welcome aboard!  I'll just make sure anyone who tries to have you see justice gets terrified or injured badly enough so they leave you alone."  Vespyr put a call out for help taking down the Queen, but even I need to think about how he'll react when the top #1 wanted serial killers, Trace and Cruz, come waltzing up saying that they changed their ways, broke out of prison, escaped their trials, and now want to help.  It could be just the reason for other nations to come put down his small system of governing, so he'd have to play it safe.

In which case, please disguise Cruz as you seek out Vespyr's city.))

Heh. Alrighty.

"Put this on." Janice handed Cruz a... uh... 'disguise.'

Don't ask me what it looks like.

@Knight of Iron

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Put this on." Janice handed Cruz a... uh... 'disguise.'

@Knight of Iron

Cruz took it reluctantly. "I had much better disguising products back in my bunker," he noted, "But I can make do with very little."

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Trace lead their expedition off the boat onto the shores. Try not to draw any attention to yourselves. I'd rather not get arrested for saving a serial killer.

"I'm an expert on not drawing attention to myself," he said, "And besides—" he stopped himself, and his dialogue turned to thoughts. Besides, you're the serial killer here. I'm just the assassin.